PDA

View Full Version : 87 accord wont start

Civic Accord Honda
12-29-2007, 04:53 PM
well i done some testing and it is getting gas and the tow truck driver put a scerw driver in the plug wire and had me crank the car over to see if it got spark and yes its getting spark from the dizzy and coil

heres a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq5GmplkrBo

anyone help be nice
thanks in advanced :wave:

lostforawhile
12-29-2007, 04:56 PM
check your timing first has it started at all since they put the new engine in? it's possible they timed the valves wrong or something. i'll be nice in this thread because it's a serious thread. :)

labeledsk8r
12-29-2007, 04:59 PM
jessus cah.. i have told you a few things to test... timeing (via turning the crank to TDC and checking if both crank and cam shaft stay on TDC), carb top hat etc on carb, and charge your batt lol

lostforawhile
12-29-2007, 05:06 PM
i suggested he start this one to see if some people can put their heads together and help him figure it out,this is a good chance to get him into actual repairs not just spraypainting

Civic Accord Honda
12-29-2007, 05:07 PM
lol yeah i going to check that stuff in the morning just wanted to see if anyone else knew of anything it might be

russiankid
12-29-2007, 05:34 PM
I noticed first you need to plug up all the vacuum lines that connect to the air box, otherwise it will run like crap. Second, after checking over what has been mentioned, take some carb cleaner and spray some into the carb then try to start it. I did hear it catch for a second a few times.

A18A
12-29-2007, 05:36 PM
jessus cah.. i have told you a few things to test... timeing (via turning the crank to TDC and checking if both crank and cam shaft stay on TDC), carb top hat etc on carb, and charge your batt lol

x2.. i think its the cylinders compressions

Civic Accord Honda
12-29-2007, 11:47 PM
it needs a headgasket found coolant under the valve cover and there is coolant in all the oil