PDA

View Full Version : for people with a B series intake manifold, fuel question

newaccorddriver
12-30-2007, 12:15 AM
im almost done hooking up everything in my engine bay and have a few things here and there that i need to finish up. as far as the fuel rail goes, what fitting would i use to connect the fuel filter the the rail itself? i know the integras use some funky looking fuel pulse damper, but our accords use a simple nut on the end. what one do you guys recommend i use?

A18A
12-30-2007, 12:17 AM
i wouldnt have a clue if this would work or not, but maybe you could swap the hose for it too?

cygnus x-1
12-30-2007, 09:13 AM
I used the pressure damper since that was all I had. But as long as everything fits together tight and doesn't leak you probably could use the regular nut.

C|

gfrg88
01-01-2008, 12:14 PM
if i remember correctly, I used the b18 fuel line going from the filter to the rail. worked fine :dunno:

bobafett
01-02-2008, 12:38 PM
i bought some 6-an lines and got a AN fitting to go into my fuel filter and since i have an AEM rail used 6-AN fitting to go into the rail.

The return is stock still obviously.

newaccorddriver
01-05-2008, 09:49 PM
well, the pulse damper thing is leaking on me, not sure why since i tightened it quite a bit. i think ill be testing the nut tomorrow when i go to the junkers.

cygnus x-1
01-06-2008, 09:25 PM
well, the pulse damper thing is leaking on me, not sure why since i tightened it quite a bit. i think ill be testing the nut tomorrow when i go to the junkers.

There should be copper washers on each side of the banjo fitting. If there aren't it probably won't seal right.

C|

newaccorddriver
01-06-2008, 10:23 PM
There should be copper washers on each side of the banjo fitting. If there aren't it probably won't seal right.

C|

haha, ya, i looked at the main picture drawing and noticed that i didnt have those washers on. picked up the entire fuel line, both banjo fittings and all 4 washers from the junkyard earlier today, cost me a whole $1.

cygnus x-1
01-07-2008, 10:26 AM
haha, ya, i looked at the main picture drawing and noticed that i didnt have those washers on. picked up the entire fuel line, both banjo fittings and all 4 washers from the junkyard earlier today, cost me a whole $1.

Yeah, definitely will leak without those. I still had to crank mine down pretty tight though as it leaked the first time.

C|