PDA

View Full Version : Bumper lights ONLY on for the turn signal?

offthahook
12-30-2007, 03:10 PM
I've been back into the 89 lx-i coupe game here recently. So the front bumper lights, NOT the fender side marker lights, are supposed to come on with the parking lights and the headlights, right? They only come on/blink when I put my turn signal on. On my super older Hondas, the front bumper lights glow on parking lights, lo/hi beams, AND flash for the turn signal. Honda didn't change anything did they? Also, the hazards do not work at all. The turn signals all blink at the proper speed, but sliding the hazard switch does nothing at all. All you 3geez guys hook a brotha up with the knowledge. Thanks.

forrest89sei
12-30-2007, 03:14 PM
No the Bumper lights only light when the Turn signal is in use

russiankid
12-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Forrest is right, you will have to wire it up if you want them to be on with the parking lights. As for the hazard lights, there may be a poor connection inside the switch. Here is a how to on taking it apart and cleaning it out:
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?p=797301#post797301

offthahook
12-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Good lookin' out fellas. 'Preciate it.

lostforawhile
12-30-2007, 06:47 PM
your corner lights on your fenders should light up with the parking lights,the clear part should always be on, the orange part,if the lights are off, they should blink with the turn signal,if the lights are on,they should be on and alternate with the front bumper lights on turn signal. the lights in the front bumper only blink with the turn signal. if the corners aren't blinking,or working right,the box is the combination control, it's the big plastic box attached up right behind your center console directly under and slightly behind the radio. black box with a connector in one end. also you should have a seprate flasher for hazard lights, it should plug in behind your fuse box. if my memory serves me right.

lostforawhile
12-30-2007, 10:10 PM
i was correct,check your hazard flasher. it's near the turn signal flasher.

itzdave
12-31-2007, 01:38 AM
mine doesnt work when i just flip the switch, i have have move it over and kinda wiggle it a little, then its good.

frantik
12-31-2007, 02:52 AM
i inquired about hacking the bumper lights to stay on all the time and someone told me to watch out cause the plastic casing wasn't meant to have such a bright bulb burning constantly... just in case someone was thinking bout doing something like that :)

lostforawhile
12-31-2007, 07:56 AM
thats not true,i have the euro ones with the built in parking light,it's the same housing but divided. besides,if you have a running light,it's lower wattage then the turn signal bulb anyway. if you are worried about that,drill a hole in the housing, and mount one of those amber LED bulbs in it.

offthahook
12-31-2007, 10:38 AM
So, there are two separate flashers... One for the turn signals and one for the hazards. Are they the same number of prongs or are they two "different" flashers (as in totally will not swap). Thanks again for the info. as I "update" to 1989!!