PDA

View Full Version : interior

Civic Accord Honda
01-02-2008, 07:06 PM
my car sat under a carport for a year with the windows down about 2inchs and my interior is full of sand and dust and has a few stains lol

im wondering what is a good seat/door panel and carpet cleaner that i can get from walmart?
also what would be good for the vinyl and plastic

russiankid
01-02-2008, 07:15 PM
For the vinyl i would use soapy water and afterwards put F1 Formula on it. It does not contain silicon which is bad for vinyl. As for the carpet, pull the carpet out and get a household carpet cleaner.

Civic Accord Honda
01-02-2008, 08:21 PM
after loooking at the carpet better i think i will need to replace it there is alot of spots where it is worn down to nothing =/

MessyHonda
01-03-2008, 01:50 AM
For the vinyl i would use soapy water and afterwards put F1 Formula on it. It does not contain silicon which is bad for vinyl. As for the carpet, pull the carpet out and get a household carpet cleaner.

so you can get this formula 1 at walmart?

russiankid
01-03-2008, 08:26 AM
so you can get this formula 1 at walmart?

Yes you can purchase it at Walmart. I bought a small bottle because it is only used for my 3g, so no need for the big bottle.

labeledsk8r
01-03-2008, 01:26 PM
something i did for the vinals was to make a mix of 5% amonia and 95% water mixed in a spray bottle.. take a rag and spray onto the rag and whipe down dash and all other vinals... then once it drays armorall it.. and remember to armorall it every other week or so since its most likely been sitting... if you armorall it once then let it sit for like 4-5 months you could get cracking. and the amonia/water mix is just to deep clean any residue out from old cleaners... dont go to strong with it or it will tear up the vinal aswell

frantik
01-03-2008, 01:53 PM
i'd think rubbing alcohol would be safer on car surfaces.... or just plain soapy water

labeledsk8r
01-03-2008, 02:17 PM
i'd think rubbing alcohol would be safer on car surfaces.... or just plain soapy water

the rubbing alchol will work aswell, but you still need to water it down... soapy water can be a pain becuse you must go back over it 3 or for times with water to get all the soap residue off... really the 5% mix is hardly enough to do anything... just gives it a little exrta something to break up greese and oils, along with the dirt, im sure theres a actual cleaner out there that can do this aswell

forrest89sei
01-03-2008, 02:18 PM
For me it's Simple Green, that stuff works Great!

2ndGenGuy
01-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Ammonia is great, and it's cheap. It's pretty much what Windex is or any other glass cleaner. I use Windex to clean everything plastic and vinyl in my car. Then some silicon-free, Armor All-type surface protectant. For the carpets, I took mine out and to the pressure washer, since I didn't want to rent a carpet cleaner. Then you vacuum it out when you're done pressure washing it.

EDIT: +1 for Simple Green! I used it in a parts washing bin and it cleans up greasy engine parts very nicely too. :) You can clean fabrics and plastics with it as well. So it's a damn good all-in-one solution from what I've seen.

stat1K
01-06-2008, 08:26 PM
gasoline + a match/lighter will solve your problem and both are available at your local walmart.

Civic Accord Honda
01-06-2008, 10:13 PM
gasoline + a match/lighter will solve your problem and both are available at your local walmart.
the hell? :wtf:

labeledsk8r
01-06-2008, 10:16 PM
the hell? :wtf:

i think he is just sad becuse he owns a D engine.... i would be mad at the world 2.

i think for once cah your makeing smart posts and asking real questions, keep it up and dont cut corners

LX-incredible
01-06-2008, 10:48 PM
You have 2 halves of a car sitting in your driveway and you're worried about the interior? Get off your ass and swap the trans.

Civic Accord Honda
01-06-2008, 11:27 PM
im waiting for a tool :-p cant do nothing untel and as a matter of fact i have done some work
got the head ready to come out of the dx and got the rear shocks out today

[LoD]Miseryland
01-07-2008, 01:47 AM

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee306/LoDMiseryland/lolsmiley.png
Obvious troll post is obvious

mushroom_toy
01-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Simple Green and Dish Washing Liquid. FTW

AccordB20A
01-07-2008, 01:21 PM
waterblaster ftw

russiankid
01-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Last time i checked Armoral is not good for vinyl.

forrest89sei
01-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Last time i checked Armoral is not good for vinyl.

Original Protectant
Protects & Preserves Your Car's Rich Look From The Most Trusted Name in Car Care

Your vehicle takes a beating from harmful elements like UV and oxidation. Count on Armor All, the undisputed leader in protection, to preserve its natural beauty. We have designed our proprietary formula to meet even the most exacting standards of detailers and show car owners. Other products may call themselves protectant, but none can call themselves Armor All!

• Helps prevent cracking, fading, discoloration & premature aging
• Enhances your vehicle's deep, rich look & adds beautiful shine
• Cleans away dirt, dust & debris
• Renews & revitalizes vinyl, rubber & plastic
http://armorall.com/products/view_product.php?product_id=8&main_group=1&category_index=protectants

I Prefer Meguiars Gold Class™ Vinyl/Rubber Protectant:
http://www.meguiars.com/?vinyl-rubber-plastic-protectants/Gold-Class-Vinyl-Rubber-Protectant

Civic Accord Honda
01-08-2008, 08:56 PM
i cleaned every signal part with simple green twice then i armor all'd it all
then i reinstalled the interior
here are some pics
http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff103/Dark_Accord/1987-Honda-Accord-DX/randomness/Cleaned-Interior/

also i know i need
carpet
rear deck carpet
rear shocks lol

the rear seat and trim will not be reinstalled but the rear deck will have new carpet on it the guy i got it from cut 6x9 holes in it so i need to replace it lol

Hazwan
01-09-2008, 04:57 AM
Looks clean. Good job CAH.

forrest89sei
01-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Looks Alot Better http://www.memphisracingscene.com/vb/images/smilies/NOS.gif

2ndGenGuy
01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Looking clean CAH! It does seem to me you're getting distracted from your original goal of swapping that trans! Get to work...:devil:

Civic Accord Honda
01-09-2008, 05:04 PM
lol yea im waiting for a ball joint puller to get here should be here tomorrow

2ndGenGuy
01-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Oh yeah, you guys and your crazy double-wishbone suspension. ;)