PDA

View Full Version : What's up y'all?

H2289Acc
01-05-2008, 12:40 PM
First off, I just wanted to say the obvious: This is the best web site on the internet, period! This community is incredible because everyone is so willing to share information and help eachother out. So props to the guys who created this site, the moderators, the members, all 3G owners, and everyone that keeps this thing running. Just got on here again recently after a long hiatus. I was formerly member H22 Accord SE-iv, but after not logging in for about a year and a half, I couldn't find my profile.

Well, I've started a new project car, another 3G. After writing off my SE-i last August, because of an accident (I slid into a curb on some gravel smashing a tow hook and bending the rad support and frame) and major cancer problems in the rear end, I managed to source a very clean automatic 89 EX-i from Autotrader that came to Toronto out of BC about 3 years ago. The car was a second-owner vehicle (the second owner being the original owner's niece). Right away, I was on the phone with Joe from Altech inquiring about swapping the manual tranny and H22 into the new car. He said it would run me about 2 G's to swap everything over. The next day I got lucky, being the first in line, and purchased the car for a cool $800 bucks (the owner even knocked $200 off of the asking price of $1000). Driving the car home on the highway, I noticed the gears were slipping, the engine was smoking, and she needed an alignment, BAD! I figured as long as I could make it home and then to the shop I'd be okay - the only thing I really wanted was her shell.

It's been about 3 months now and the engine's swapped, a few mods have been added, and the car's suspension and brake components have been replaced by the SE-i's, along with most of its interior (no offence, but that burgundy interior just had to go!). I'm currently waiting to get my shocks back from Bilstein after sending them out for revalving. The car is running, but I have a few minor details to take care of before I pull it out of the shop. My flush headlight conversion is also still in the works, so go check it out! I've posted some pics in the Accord Pics & Videos thread and there are still more to come. All of your comments are appreciated.

Peace

Greg

forrest89sei
01-05-2008, 12:51 PM
First off, I just wanted to say the obvious: This is the best web site on the internet, period! This community is incredible because everyone is so willing to share information and help eachother out. So props to the guys who created this site, the moderators, the members, all 3G owners, and everyone that keeps this thing running. Just got on here again recently after a long hiatus. I was formerly member H22 Accord SE-iv, but after not logging in for about a year and a half, I couldn't find my profile.

Well, I've started a new project car, another 3G. After writing off my SE-i last August, because of an accident (I slid into a curb on some gravel smashing a tow hook and bending the rad support and frame) and major cancer problems in the rear end, I managed to source a very clean automatic 89 EX-i from Autotrader that came to Toronto out of BC about 3 years ago. The car was a second-owner vehicle (the second owner being the original owner's niece). Right away, I was on the phone with Joe from Altech inquiring about swapping the manual tranny and H22 into the new car. He said it would run me about 2 G's to swap everything over. The next day I got lucky, being the first in line, and purchased the car for a cool $800 bucks (the owner even knocked $200 off of the asking price of $1000). Driving the car home on the highway, I noticed the gears were slipping, the engine was smoking, and she needed an alignment, BAD! I figured as long as I could make it home and then to the shop I'd be okay - the only thing I really wanted was her shell.

It's been about 3 months now and the engine's swapped, a few mods have been added, and the car's suspension and brake components have been replaced by the SE-i's, along with most of its interior (no offence, but that burgundy interior just had to go!). I'm currently waiting to get my shocks back from Bilstein after sending them out for revalving. The car is running, but I have a few more minor details to take care of before I pull it out of the shop. My flush headlight conversion is also still in the works, so go check it out! I've posted some pics in the appearance thread and there are still more to come. All of your comments are appreciated.

Peace

Greg

Welcome Back!

And Nice Pics BTW.

This is your Old Profile http://www.3geez.com/forum/member.php?u=7687

If you PM a Mod they can merge your Old Account and your new Account :D

H2289Acc
01-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Thanks Forest. Good lookin' out!

G.

chino4u
01-21-2008, 08:29 PM