PDA

View Full Version : cranked my car for the first time in 2 years

newaccorddriver
01-05-2008, 09:47 PM
well, for the first time in over 2 years, i am very proud that the car was able to turn the flywheel on its own. this achievement would be almost impossible without the help of the 3geez community. i am almost at the point of being able to start it, except i have ran into a few problems so far that nothing but a little time wouldnt solve.

the first problem would be the fact that i have no exhaust yet, not a problem since i purchased a paceshitter exhaust today and it should be here within a few weeks.

the second problem is the fact that i was squirting fuel all over my engine bay from the fuel rail since it was for a B series. not really sure why since i tightened the pulse damper all the way(or atleast i think i did). i think ill be switching back to the regular capping nut since this is not something id like to see catch fire

third problem is the cooling fan is constantly on for some reason, even when i just turn on my night lamp without using the key. not sure why since im pretty sure elijah didnt mess with the main harness wires, but i messaged him on FB, so lets see what his take on this is.

my fourth issue is the fact that i dont know how i would be mounting the battery box, and for those of you wondering, im using a marine battery box cause im ghetto and dont want to spend $400 on an aluminum one.

the sixth thing i just need to do is plumb and wire up all my gauges. nothing really hard, just lazy and its time consuming.

i would like to thank the entire 3geez community for getting me this far, just a few bumps left on the journey and ill be able to drive it again.:cheers:

newaccorddriver
01-07-2008, 12:30 AM
well, i had some play time on my accord today. i found out that the rad that i was using was most likely from a prelude or something cause its thicker then the stock one, with metal end tanks, and the fan switch on the bottom wasnt accessible unless i removed the upper rad mounts.

anyways, i was diagnosing the fan issue i was having with it being on, and when i disconnected the fan switch, it was off, but when i plugged it, it was back on again. does a faulty fan switch keep the fan going in sort of a limp mode thing?

ive also probably punctured a hole in my rad accidently when i put the screw in to hold the fan in place since it was squirting rad fluid out that hole:Owned:... time for me to put my old rad in from my original car...

forrest89sei
01-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Congrats on cranking it :D

cubert
01-07-2008, 02:35 PM

thats what she said :lol:

But anyway...good to hear the car runs..i know what that feeling is like..cant wait til we see the post saying the car is complete :thumbup:

newaccorddriver
01-08-2008, 02:52 AM
thats what she said :lol:

But anyway...good to hear the car runs..i know what that feeling is like..cant wait til we see the post saying the car is complete :thumbup:

its not running yet since ive got to sort out a few things first. mainly just get it off the jack stands and replace the rad, but then im going to fire her up. i blame the stupid rad fan for being on. were it not for that, i would have started it up days ago

newaccorddriver
01-08-2008, 02:52 AM

thanks