PDA

View Full Version : hatch handles on a sedan?

newaccorddriver
01-06-2008, 03:55 PM
does anyone know if the hatckback handles will work on a sedan? im talking about the ouside door handles.

also, does anyone know if there are any differences between the interior door handles between all models and years?

lostforawhile
01-06-2008, 04:06 PM
does anyone know if the hatckback handles will work on a sedan? im talking about the ouside door handles.

also, does anyone know if there are any differences between the interior door handles between all models and years?i think all the two door outside handles are the same,did you find a parts hatch? .

itzdave
01-06-2008, 04:19 PM
me and 2drsei went to a salvage and got me a handle off a dx(i think) (i got an lx) the handle itself matched up, but the locking mechanisms werent interchangeable. so ya might wanna keep a lookout for that too.

forrest89sei
01-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Yes They will fit, A search at my Dealer shows there both the same Part Number

newaccorddriver
01-06-2008, 05:06 PM
i think all the two door outside handles are the same,did you find a parts hatch? .

i found several hatches actually, surprisingly i found more 4g accords then 3g accords, so i grabbed a MAP sensor as well

newaccorddriver
01-06-2008, 05:08 PM
Yes They will fit, A search at my Dealer shows there both the same Part Number

great, thanks

newaccorddriver
01-06-2008, 05:09 PM
me and 2drsei went to a salvage and got me a handle off a dx(i think) (i got an lx) the handle itself matched up, but the locking mechanisms werent interchangeable. so ya might wanna keep a lookout for that too.

what do you mean the locking mechanism? the key hole portion, or another portion that im not aware of?

newaccorddriver
01-06-2008, 05:11 PM
ive also noticed that the door opening portion is different when comparing the hatch to the sedan model. ive grabbed the threaded rod portion that goes into the handle itself from another 2 handles that i broke apart, but does anyone know how i would be able to remove and place them since they dont seem to want to come out at all?

itzdave
01-06-2008, 05:48 PM
what do you mean the locking mechanism? the key hole portion, or another portion that im not aware of?

yea, where the key goes. on my old one it was different than the one got from the jy, so i cant use the key on that side, it still locks tho with the power locks and everything. i dunno exaclty why, like i said, im guessin it was a dx or somethin. also keep in mind, i have a sedan, not a hatch, so they might all be the same, dunno... :cheers:

newaccorddriver
01-06-2008, 06:20 PM
well, the only difference i noticed was the opening mechanism itself between the hatch and the sedan. so i know the locks are the same. the only problem is the handles came off of basically a dx/lx and not an lxi/exi