PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Bearing?

2ndGenGuy
01-08-2008, 03:42 PM
So, when I pulled the transmission from the 1g Prelude at the wrecking yard, there didn't appear to be any sort of pilot bearing that I noticed. Also, my 2g Accord has no pilot bearing, and the EK1 from 82-83 never had any pilot bearing that I saw. My Exedy clutch kit, however did come with a pilot bearing, and it fits nicely on the end of the input shaft on the transmission. Is that just something that they removed on the EK1 engine in 82-83? Or do I even need to use this one on my car? Am I supposed to have one? I would assume so since it came in the kit, but if the 82-83 EK1 didn't use one, maybe it's a universal kit that fits a few other cars???

I guess the question is, does anybody know for sure if the 81 Accord used a pilot bearing?

carotman
01-08-2008, 04:08 PM
The pilot bearing fits in the flywheel usually. If your flywheel doen't have a pilot bearing, I wouldn't worry about this.

2ndGenGuy
01-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks carotman. I'll check and see if it fits in the flywheel. It does fit nicely on the input shaft, so I suppose if it fits both, I'll go ahead and use it. :D