PDA

View Full Version : carb or choke problems

rustydx
01-09-2008, 06:06 PM
this is long but i have some pleoblems. my 89 accord dx 5spd w/215k is driving me nuts. in the mornings it would run at 1500rpm running rich ant clear up and then go to 3000rpm after the temp would go up hit the gas and back into the low 2's and the to around 1000rpm. in november when i left work it the choke never opened and the went to 4000rpm 26 mile trip never touching the throttle. replaced the 3 ported thremo valve on the back of the intake and that seemed to work for awhile then a couple weeks ago it would start to stall when i let off the gas. go up the road a little bit and it would be fine go a littlw further and stall again. it was never consistent. saturday i replaced the pcv valve. the old one you could see straight threw it only seeing aspring inside. and it really made a differance in the why it idled...smooth, quite been a long time since it had done that. since changing the pcv valve when i start it up cold it would idle at around 1000rpm choking it self out the gradually go back to 3000. yesterday leaving for work it was at 1000rpm running rich but did not start to climb. so i left. 1.5 mile from home it go so bad i turned around to get another car. by then it was at 4000rpm and not come down. yesterday evning temps in the 60's it was fine. this evning temps in the 40's it was the same 1000-1100rpm the when the temp got to normal it took off to 4000rpm not coming down.. here is another problem the it would be at 3000rpm i would take off coasing down the road with foo off clutch it would climp to around 4000 press clutch in to just were the freeplay ends and it goes back to 3000. let off clutch and back toaround 4000 until water temp goes up the it will be just above 2000. radiator is full oil full. i also repalce the thermovalve on the thermostate hsg it did not do anything. any clues what to do. i hate to get rid of car that still gets 35+ mpg in the summer.

steveko
01-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Check this thread out. http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46572