PDA

View Full Version : engine mount differences 3g accord & lude

newtuner
01-10-2008, 03:44 PM
anyone kno how different these 2 motors mount?? im wondering because a company makes a h22 mount kit for the 3g lude... i have both cars plus a friend with 3 dif h22's.. im doin the swap on my lude but wondering if the mounts can be moded easy or if i should jus make my own... i've looked at the swaps on here and my metal workin isnt that good soo jus wonderin if anyone has any info on this?? (also the cars are like 100 miles apart.. i have accord... thats why im askin..) thx 3geez comunity

labeledsk8r
01-10-2008, 03:49 PM
3 gee lude is 100% diffrent, the B20a5 in that car is leaned way back. if you want a H22 id be easyer to make custom mounts for that engine, not make custom mounts for a b20a5 then try swaping over with another mount kit

newtuner
01-10-2008, 03:59 PM
3 gee lude is 100% diffrent, the B20a5 in that car is leaned way back. if you want a H22 id be easyer to make custom mounts for that engine, not make custom mounts for a b20a5 then try swaping over with another mount kit

but just because the engine leans back dosent mean that it is 100% diff...right..? because the h22 has fit and worked in both.. im just wondering about location of the mounts in comparason on both cars.. i kno their diff but i am wondering how??.. but i thank you for your input!!

MessyHonda
01-11-2008, 02:16 AM
yeah no aftermarket mounts will work....most of them will need to get redone. check out the car with the h22 in it...they used civic h22 mounts and made a mount to attached to the aftermarket mount...still lots of work...and it might get frustrating if you dont have alot of skill to do this all by your self.

newtuner
01-11-2008, 12:35 PM
the reason i ask the difference is because i kno that this is a swap that alot of people would like to do... if this company has created a mount kit for the 88-91 ludes... which is probibly the closest car 2 ours... that with less effort and work one of these mount kits could be used on an accord... this was jus a question... because i kno of 7 people here near me that want the mounts for their lude and i want 1 for mine so if they could be used easier.. it could also be cheaper due to amout bought at one time(wholesale idea)... ehh jus tryin to get sum imput from this crowd....thx

MessyHonda
01-11-2008, 07:39 PM
the reason i ask the difference is because i kno that this is a swap that alot of people would like to do... if this company has created a mount kit for the 88-91 ludes... which is probibly the closest car 2 ours... that with less effort and work one of these mount kits could be used on an accord... this was jus a question... because i kno of 7 people here near me that want the mounts for their lude and i want 1 for mine so if they could be used easier.. it could also be cheaper due to amout bought at one time(wholesale idea)... ehh jus tryin to get sum imput from this crowd....thx

well its not really going to work out because the 2nd gen lude uses the same engine as the 3rd gen accord. so the mounts are different from the 3rd gen lude and 3rd gen accord

also the h22 is still a 1k+ engine...not alot of people have money for mounts yet alone a engine

labeledsk8r
01-11-2008, 07:46 PM
^^ agreed, to swap a b20a5 into a 3gee threw a shop will be about 2,500-4,000 depending on the shop, then swaping from B20 to a H22 would be ANOTHER 3,000-5,000 depending on shop.... just pay the 3k-5k first off and dont throw your money away....

newtuner
01-11-2008, 08:26 PM
^^ agreed, to swap a b20a5 into a 3gee threw a shop will be about 2,500-4,000 depending on the shop, then swaping from B20 to a H22 would be ANOTHER 3,000-5,000 depending on shop.... just pay the 3k-5k first off and dont throw your money away....

oki well it seems i am being retarded im the way im explaing it.. i understand messy's comment but yours...??!?... im not talkin about goin to b21 then to h22 im talking about geting the mounts for the lude cheap and modin them to for an accord..(if mounts r close enough).. for the few that really want 2 save for a beast... not tryin to get flamed jus tryin to r&d.... now that i say that i shoulda posted that in there...:uh:

labeledsk8r
01-11-2008, 08:32 PM
no i get what your saying... but im saying that the mounts are so diffrent... it would be cheeper to build custom mounts, theres allready a few H22's in 3geez, its not something for someone looking for a budget swap. the 3rd gen lude has much difrent mounts and mount points is all im saying... most likely would be easyer to just mod the stock H22 mounts to fit then buy aftermarket for another car.. all im saying.. im not flmaeing you at all on it

newtuner
01-11-2008, 09:09 PM
ooo ok... i understand u now sorry... but messy u said that people moded civi brackets... were those the stock civi brackets or like the hasport swap ones??... because if so then why is mine such a bad idea... r the civi's closer then the lude 2 us?? mount wise?? i really appreciate the help!! i've read most of the h22 swap post's but they r vauge at the mount points... no measurements.. and with the car being so far away... i have no way to troubleshoot on my own... so im just lookin for a faster/cheaper/easier swap for those out there (my self included) who r on a budget but want a killer sleeper.:devil:..

MessyHonda
01-11-2008, 11:02 PM
well the civic does not have the 3rd gen prelude gangsta engine lean....plus..think about it...if the b-serries fit the civics...and it fits our car with the right mounts...why would the h22 mounts not work for us...IMO the civic mounts are a better option than the prelude mounts.

newtuner
01-12-2008, 12:29 AM
hrmmm ill have to check into that.. thx!!