PDA

View Full Version : Help help help

chucknice
09-18-2002, 04:37 PM
I hit a bump last night that caused my front right headlight to shift. When I got home and turned the car off, the headlight couldn't flip downward because the light inside of the fliplight was out of line , therefore the light tried to turn it self down all night. When I woke up today to go to work the battery was dead. I tried to put the light back in place but it stuck!!!! Can I remove a fuse and leave the lights up or what? Help!!!!!!:wtf: :wtf:

netfreak
09-18-2002, 05:13 PM
There should be a button on the dash that will flip the lights up and keep them up (without the lights actually being on).

chucknice
09-18-2002, 05:16 PM
I meant to tell you guys that... I tried that and it didn't work because the light isn't all the way up , nor is it all the way down. It's half way and that button doesn't work in this situation.

chucknice
09-18-2002, 07:09 PM
still need help help

1989se-i
09-18-2002, 07:51 PM
just take out the fuse.......

GreenMachine
09-18-2002, 07:59 PM
I had that 2, but diferent situation. The light will keep trying to flip down till it can, so find the fuse. My motor is fucked after doing that, so be prepared for that. It still works just noisy

theBeline
09-19-2002, 08:16 AM
I got my car for free because the shop had put a peice of compressed foam under the light to stop it from going down. The bat whent dead and the lights wouldn't work and she never changed the oil and the light kept comming one. SO she though the whole thing had shit the bed, and she gave it to me for $0!!! HAHAHA Good oil change and I saw the foam, pulled he fuse, got it out and when I put everything back to gether and jumpstarted it, it purs like a kitten!!! Not a problem since, not even an oil leak and everythings fine. The lamp is about one sixteenth of an inch out past the molding (the headlamp assembily has shifted) but I'll fix that when I drom the B16 in! HEHEHE!! The motor for the lamp works great, and it was like that for months and months, your probably alright, Green I wouldn't be surprised if your motor was going to hell before it got stuck.

87Hybrid
09-19-2002, 03:57 PM
There is a cap on the motor that when you remove it there is a knob that you can turn to raise the bucket back up. Then fix the light .
http://home.attbi.com/~login4822/wsb/media/9328/site1021.JPG
http://home.attbi.com/~login4822/wsb/media/9328/site1020.JPG
Once the headlight is fixed you should be able to lift and lower them with the switch. Go both up and down to make sure that they are both equill.

chucknice
09-19-2002, 05:12 PM
Ok, 87Hybrid,

Good info. I went out to the parking lot and fix it. Thanks! Picture helped alot.

Good Lookin!!!!

87Hybrid
09-19-2002, 07:07 PM
Glad to be of service.