PDA

View Full Version : 86/87 and 88/89 distributor interchangable?

newaccorddriver
01-12-2008, 04:57 PM
like the topic says. im thinking the reason to my no start problem stems from fueling issues. ive already changed the rail and the fuel line. im getting pressure in the lines. im getting spark on all cylinders. i know the ECU was throwing out code 6, but im going to check it again soon. in the mean time, this got me thinking whether its possible or not that it can be the sensors within the distributor that are bad. i went to the junkyard today and found several 3g accords there, and only a handful of them are fuel injected. even fewer are the ones which are 88/89 years. in the event i cant find an 88/89 model, would i be able to use one from an 86/87 model?

forrest89sei
01-12-2008, 05:16 PM
like the topic says. im thinking the reason to my no start problem stems from fueling issues. ive already changed the rail and the fuel line. im getting pressure in the lines. im getting spark on all cylinders. i know the ECU was throwing out code 6, but im going to check it again soon. in the mean time, this got me thinking whether its possible or not that it can be the sensors within the distributor that are bad. i went to the junkyard today and found several 3g accords there, and only a handful of them are fuel injected. even fewer are the ones which are 88/89 years. in the event i cant find an 88/89 model, would i be able to use one from an 86/87 model?

Yes, there the same part number

labeledsk8r
01-12-2008, 05:18 PM
yeah as long as its from a f/i one it should work....

newaccorddriver
01-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Yes, there the same part number

great, thanks, ill go look for my other one now