PDA

View Full Version : marketplace

newaccorddriver
01-12-2008, 10:41 PM
why is it that i cant start a new thread in the market place?

forrest89sei
01-12-2008, 11:13 PM
because the marketplace is now the trading post:

http://www.3geez.com/forum/sr_classifieds.php

newaccorddriver
01-13-2008, 01:32 AM
interesting... trading post=marketplace, but when i posted something in the trading post, it never ended up in the marketplace.:huh:

forrest89sei
01-13-2008, 01:57 AM
interesting... trading post=marketplace, but when i posted something in the trading post, it never ended up in the marketplace.:huh:

The marketplace has been phased out, so you can reply to current threads, but you cant make new ones, in about 4 months it will be dead

labeledsk8r
01-13-2008, 01:58 AM
yeah its in tradeing post now... the market place threads will all be deleted by next month... only reason there still open is to let people finish any buisness going on right now... the tradeing post is meh... hard to get used to so far....

AccordB20A
01-14-2008, 01:42 AM
yeah theres a thread somewhere thats sticky that explains

its going to suck having 1000 or so of my posts deleted!!

frantik
01-14-2008, 05:01 AM
the tradeing past is meh... hard to get used to so far

yeah i always forget to check it and it's kinda a pain if you have lots of items but w/e. i wish we could have the old market place but have a more modern feedback system

labeledsk8r
01-14-2008, 03:11 PM
yeah i always forget to check it and it's kinda a pain if you have lots of items but w/e. i wish we could have the old market place but have a more modern feedback system

agreed, it sucks becuse you cant really tell when something new is posted up, and i think once a fair amount of items are posted, no one will search threw 3 pages items looking for something thus lowering peoples chances of sales, the new feedback thing is a plus, but i dont see the tradeing posty working out to well

AccordB20A
01-15-2008, 03:44 AM
Yeah no one wants my vigor grille i posted even

A18A
01-15-2008, 03:49 AM
i havnt even taken any notice of that :O lol

AccordB20A
01-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Lol. They should make it do when the delete the for sale forums it shows some of the ads down there.

forrest89sei
01-15-2008, 01:18 PM
its going to suck having 1000 or so of my posts deleted!!

Wow, I didnt think of that!

I'm gonna miss my old for sale threads

Well My opinion is this, I give it a C-:

I like having a new feedback system, But unless I have a set price on any one item per post, we can't leave feedback each other, I think this sucks for things such as part outs, and those of us who try to combine all our items into one thread like we have in the past.

Also I don't really feel the advertising, before with the old system our items would be listed in NEW POSTS and were there for everyone to see, now you have to dig, I feel thats a big minus.

Personally, I'd rather give 3geez say $0.25-$1.00 for a Ad (Price Depending on valve) for the old system then use this system.

I know that one of the main reasons this system came into play is Excessive post whoring, but I think it sucks that those of us who lied the old system have to pay for others whoring.

With Exception of that, I'm happy with the changes that 4.0 has brought the forum

frantik
01-15-2008, 02:12 PM
a staff member even posted a new thread in the old market place so either it's A) not noticeable enough or B) not useful enough :kekeke:

labeledsk8r
01-15-2008, 03:04 PM
a staff member even posted a new thread in the old market place so either it's A) not noticeable enough or B) not useful enough :kekeke:

yeah i noticed that lolol kinda sad when the mods unlock something for there use... doesnt say to much about the new system lolol

frantik
01-15-2008, 04:20 PM
i noticed that lolol kinda sad when the mods unlock something for there use.

i think it was more accidental since if you're staff you can usually post without unlocking a forum. i didn't mention it to disparage the staff or the particular mod or anything like that just as a comment about the market place. :)

MIK3
01-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Hahaha. Yes, I was the idiot that did that. I appreciate the non-use of names though, very kind of you guys. I better switch that. Like all of you, I too, am adjusting. :Owned:

labeledsk8r
01-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Hahaha. Yes, I was the idiot that did that. I appreciate the non-use of names though, very kind of you guys. I better switch that. Like all of you, I too, am adjusting. :Owned:

its all good, i wasnt trying to say it in a mean or bad way, just saying that everyone is haveing problems switching to the new ways (btw you wernt the only mod lol)

LX-incredible
01-15-2008, 09:04 PM
I like it, very professional.

frantik
01-28-2008, 05:06 PM
so how do you leave feedback with the new system? someone bought something off me.. i closed the ad but now what?

87accordlxi
02-04-2008, 06:52 AM
so how do you leave feedback with the new system? someone bought something off me.. i closed the ad but now what?

I've added a link to everyone's profiles to get to their feedback page. To leave feedback for someone, just go to their profile.

frantik
02-05-2008, 02:33 PM
cool thanks :) though i did finally figure it out lol by clicking on the little rating number

oh btw is there a way to view my closed ads?

87accordlxi
02-07-2008, 08:10 AM
cool thanks :) though i did finally figure it out lol by clicking on the little rating number

oh btw is there a way to view my closed ads?

Closed ads are removed from view to prevent countless pages of irrelevant ads that some people claim will sprout up. This way the only ads people will see will be open and active. I don't know of a way to allow a user to view his own closed ads, so if you want one reopened, let me know.