PDA

View Full Version : So I'm working on the '88 again..

Doward
01-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Yep. Tired of plunking $60/week into gas in my '04 Colorado (~21mpg) so I've decided to finally do something with the 1988 Honda Accord LX.

First, I need new springs. The passenger front spring is broken. I'm thinking a set of Neuspeed springs would work well? I've got new stock shocks to go on, as well.

Second, the rear drums have GOT to go. I can't find an SE-I anywhere, but I've got a bunch of late 80s/early 90s Integras and at least 1 '89 LXi in the u-pull-it. Gonna grab the LXi's front brakes, and see if I can bolt the '90 integra backing plate to the accord's arm. If the backing plate bolts up, then I just need the Integra's calipers/rotors, and whip up some brake lines.

Third, the exhaust. It has none (rotted off right behind the stock exhaust manifold) Are there any budget priced headers out there I can seek out? Thinking of running 2.25" crush bent exhaust, with a super turbo muffler.

Fourth - 5th gear is a royal PITA to get into. I replaced the clutch, 1-4 work fine, but going into 5th means I have to shove the shifter waaaay over - I'm thinking new shifter linkage bushings?

Fifth - finally going to do something with the Weber 32/36 I've got on the damn car. Finally going to hook up my wideband O2 and tune the stupid thing.

Sixth - If I'm driving it around, I need tunes. Time to finally get a cheapo CD-player for the car!

A/C still blows ice cold, even after sitting for ~2 years :D

*Edit* Almost forgot - I need a set of 14" wheels for the brakes - I'm thinking some pre '91 Prelude wheels?

MessyHonda
01-14-2008, 10:42 AM
sounds like a plan....1.the neuspeed springs work good with my tokico shocks..im not sure how good it will ride on stock shocks but it will be an improvement. 2. i would just get the front 88-89 lx-i break set up...some members here still autoX with rear drums. 3. get a pacesetter system...they qualiaty is ok...headers are like 180 shipped and the cat back is like 220...also get a new cat or a test pipe while you are at it. 4th shifter bushings help...i got the poly ones and my shifts feel way smoother. 5th congrats on the weber hope you can get it tuned. 6th i would get a deck MP3 compatable or with an ipod or aux impute...cds are going to be obsolete might as well thing ahead. for wheels...i went with stock 15 inch integra rims but if you want MPG you will need aftermarket light rims...and that is my next step

Doward
01-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Awesome. I'll look into the LXi setup, then.