PDA

View Full Version : Factory ground locations

VTEC_Inside
01-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Anyone feel like posting the locations of all the factory ground points? :)

I know I have a ground problem that has gotten a lot worse in the last 2 days. When I step on the brakes the radio dies, the headlights cut, battery light comes on, all for that split second and then come back on. I thought it may have just been a crappy connection in the trunk lid again, but the same happens if I flick the headlight switch to open them.

Admittedly I haven't even looked under the hood yet, but I am only aware of the ground to the valve cover bolt at the moment.

I did search, and while several people have upgraded their grounds, I can't seem to find any that have listed the stock locations. The service manual doesn't appear to show them either unless I just looked in the wrong spot.

Many thanks...

newaccorddriver
01-14-2008, 11:57 AM
engine to frame
tranny to frame
injector harness to intake manifold
battery to frame

thats about all i can think of for now

VTEC_Inside
01-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Injectors might be a bit hard on my carbed car :)

I was looking more specifically for the points where they are attached to the various parts, ie frame ground at base of passenger shock tower, etc...

From that list I gather there will be three under the hood then in my case?

2drSE-i
01-14-2008, 12:11 PM
i would be more willing to bet that your alternator is going out...the grounds are easy to find if you just look for them.

VTEC_Inside
01-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have a peak under there when I get home.

I was suspicious of the alternator myself for a minute or two, but it doesn't really present as an alternator problem to me...

I've had no problems with starting/charging, and its been around or below freezing here for the last little while. The battery light only flickers on for literally a split second as I tap the brake pedal, otherwise stays off period...

2drSE-i
01-14-2008, 12:30 PM
your probably right then, it could be as simple as a corroded negative terminal on your battery, or just a loose ground. If the battery isnt dead then its probly not the alt

MessyHonda
01-14-2008, 01:10 PM
use that link

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55980

also it does not hurt to add a ground or 2.

VTEC_Inside
01-14-2008, 03:32 PM
use that link

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55980

also it does not hurt to add a ground or 2.

Wonderful.. Thanks a lot....

BTW, its definitely the main ground cable as it leaves the battery. I had a look at it before I left work and wiggled it a bit. No problems the whole way home.

Going to replace all three now per the DIY.