PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting the Ebrake

mag_pbg
09-18-2002, 04:42 PM
Like the title says, is there any way to adjust the E-brake cable so it locks better, becuase mine hardly works.

PhydeauX
09-18-2002, 05:04 PM
Usually its the back brakes themselves that need adjusting not the e-brake. I usually take the drum off and turn the adjuster by hand, but there is an access hole that you can reach in with an adjusting tool or screw driver to turn the wheel. Tighter is the direction that you dont have to lift the rachet off to turn. The drum should have a slight drag to it, but you should still be able to turn it fairly easy. If you're not sure about something get some help. Your brakes arn't something that you want to fuck up.

andy

Grant2k
09-19-2002, 05:38 PM
there is also the adjsutment on the back of the leaver console. between the front seats, right in front of the rear middle seat there is a little door that pops off with a screwdriver and then you can use an open end wrech to tighten the slack on the cable.

smufguy
09-20-2002, 10:30 AM
if ur talking about the brake going all the way up, then u better change ur rear brakes before messing with the parking brake (e-brake).

ACCORD EX
09-20-2002, 10:41 AM
i always lernt not to mess with the e-brake handle ( adjusting it in the console ! )
you should always adjust it like PhydeauX said !

MIKE