PDA

View Full Version : Feeler for AZ Race A20 Billet Engine Mounts

1funryd
01-14-2008, 04:43 PM
As stated above, this is a Feeler thread for how many 2nd genners Prelude and Accords are wanting to pay for Explicit Speed Performance Engine Performance mounts.

I was asked by MessyHonda to offer this over here on this thread. Manufacturer: www.explicitspeedperformance.com
I was informed that both the 2nd gen Prelude and Accord share the same engine mounts. This will help to push the project with more numbers supporting this project.

Here are the 3rd gens Ludes that we just had them complete:

Motor Mounts (For Reference purpose only)
http://explicitspeedperformance.net/myPictures/IMG_1657.jpg

We are going to need a minimum number of you guys to produce this kit, I will keep this thread updated with all the current information as I get it. I will post up the minimum number for this project to get off the ground.

We already have three members from preludpower.com on board, and with the 3geez club, this will push that number up.

If you have any questions about my work or this project do not hesistate to email me at: [email protected]

1FunRydPerformance (http://www.freewebs.com/1funryd/)
Sean Tydingco

List Updated as of 3-13-2008 @ 3:24pm
1. rustlude87 - Prelude
2. JDM86lude - Prelude
3. kyryeguy - Prelude
4. EricW - 3Geez
5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
6. RobT5580 - 3Geez
7. Messyhonda - 3Geez
8. TOLOUDNPROUD - 3Geez
9. thegreatdane - 3Geez
10. twhonza - 3Geez
11. Chrislude1982

Dropped from the New Welded Mounts Buy:
10. Smeado
13. knifemind

Legallities

I need you all to understand, once I put your name down on this list after I have discussed with AZ Race the details and requirements for this project, you the buyers must be committed to this till the very end of the project. Which means, no pulling out!!!

**A Non-Refundabledeposit will be required to start this project once all details have been worked out. Even if some members pull out, due to whatever reason, their will be no refunds once AZ Race has started R&D and manhours into designing this kit. Those who drop will lose their deposits to actual time and money spent developing the kit.**

labeledsk8r
01-14-2008, 05:03 PM
im interested.... i was going to be looking into getting alum mounts built myself but htis is much better, kinda interested in a price estimate , dont put me down on any list yet, as im still accord less, im just planning ahead for my build, but im interested as hell. good luck on this

you might want to have a mod move this out of 2geez. and into the R&D thread. since the A20 engine is in our 3gee accord (your 2g lude)

forrest89sei
01-14-2008, 05:25 PM
SWEET!

Any Idea on possible cost?

1funryd
01-14-2008, 05:47 PM
SWEET!

Any Idea on possible cost?

I am trying to shoot for $350.00 + shipping but it depends on how many we can get onboard this project.

Sean

1funryd
01-14-2008, 05:49 PM
im interested.... i was going to be looking into getting alum mounts built myself but htis is much better, kinda interested in a price estimate , dont put me down on any list yet, as im still accord less, im just planning ahead for my build, but im interested as hell. good luck on this

you might want to have a mod move this out of 2geez. and into the R&D thread. since the A20 engine is in our 3gee accord (your 2g lude)

I apologize, I was looking for 3gee accord forum, and I thought this was it. Mods please move to appropriate section.

Sean

skycam_313
01-14-2008, 07:40 PM
man if i had the cash......

2ndGenGuy
01-14-2008, 08:23 PM
No worries about what section, I went ahead and moved it into the 3geez Performance section... The redirect will disappear tomorrow.

Are you guys SURE that the body mounts on both cars are the same? The 1g Prelude and 1g Accord share the same exact motors as well, but the body mounts are considerably different. I would be really surprised if they were the same between the 2g Prelude and 3g Accord.

EricW
01-14-2008, 08:24 PM
You got my attention. I also have and will have the cash avalible.

labeledsk8r
01-14-2008, 08:30 PM
edit.. someone corrected me, woot for aftermarket mounts....

1funryd
01-14-2008, 08:38 PM
You got my attention. I also have and will have the cash avalible.

Please post if you want to be added to the list. I need you guys to be clear about this. Once we hit 10 committed buyers, I will be discussing more details with AZ Race. AZ Race will be watching the threads, as I always keep them informed of potential projects.
So, If you want to make this happen, please state "Add me to the list", and then I will add you.
No money is needed to put down, until we have the details worked out with AZ Race. That being said, if get added to the list, I expect you will be doing your part to save up for the payment. Once we establish the details of the project, I will announce a date for all deposits, and then from there everyone will be expected to start getting their funds in order for the final payment, which will be annouced by me.

Sean

Pico
01-14-2008, 08:47 PM
any idea what the down payment would be?

EricW
01-14-2008, 08:53 PM
i just pulled up the engine mount section from mejestic, heres the part list for the 89 lx-i accord for engine mounts, and the parts list for a 86 si prelude engine mounts

accord
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1989&catcgry3=2DR+LXI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=ENGINE+MOUNT

prelude
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Prelude&catcgry2=1986&catcgry3=2DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=ENGINE+MOUNT

im not seeing the same part numbers wich means diffrent parts... :(

I just used Auto zones website and they list all the same numbers for the aftermarket parts, so their the same.

1funryd

Yeah, Go ahead and add me to the list.

labeledsk8r
01-14-2008, 09:00 PM
I just used Auto zones website and they list all the same numbers for the aftermarket parts, so their the same.

Good to know, lol im glad myself.. i hope i can add myself to this list at some point... got to fix some money problems first.... i will edit my post out

1funryd
01-14-2008, 10:21 PM

1funryd

Yeah, Go ahead and add me to the list.

Added.

The deposit amount will be $150.00, but no money is required right now, until we reach 10 so that I can take this to AZ Race and show them we have serious buyers.

Project Manager,
Sean

MessyHonda
01-15-2008, 01:49 AM
give me till Friday to see how bad my paycheck is then i will let you know Sean.
its only for 3 mounts right? how about the hydro front mount?

EricW
01-15-2008, 05:48 AM
give me till Friday to see how bad my paycheck is then i will let you know Sean.

By the way our mounts are set up they may have to make two pieces for the front and rear mounts. The side mount is easy. But the front and rear I believe they will have to make a new mount that bolt to the block and another piece that bolts to the front and rear cross member to utilize that same type of red bushing they use in their other mounts.

1funryd
01-15-2008, 08:22 AM
By the way our mounts are set up they may have to make two pieces for the front and rear mounts. The side mount is easy. But the front and rear I believe they will have to make a new mount that bolt to the block and another piece that bolts to the front and rear cross member to utilize that same type of red bushing they use in their other mounts.

Once we get enough members on the list, AZ will take car of all the R&D. Trust me, these guys know their stuff, we did it with the H22 kits, and the B20/21(3rd gen Prelude mounts). But we need to reach that goal first to get moving, so come people lets go!!!!

Sean

88LXi68
01-15-2008, 10:48 AM
I am subscribing to this thread and would/will consider buying a set.

1funryd
01-15-2008, 11:17 AM
I thank you all for your comments. I highly encourage you guys to join up, this will help to push the project along.

Remember, we need more numbers, for those on the sidelines, please strongly consider this and join up. The longer you wait on the side lines, the longer its going to take to get these made.
My last project for the B20/21 took almost 8 months, because we had guys back out after joinning up, and then we has guys wait till the last minute to be added.

I know it sounds like alot of money, but trust me, consider that no one else will do this in Billet for such lower numbers. AZ Race is truly the home of the good guys! They pulled thru even when the community's I supported where flaky, AZ stood by their promise everytime hands down!!!

Sean

LX-incredible
01-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I need mounts anyway, might as well get something that lasts. Sign me up.

87roach
01-15-2008, 01:32 PM
I'am highly considering this, however I need to sort some things out before I can commit.

I was wondering if it would be possible to also add some poly bushings for the rear torque bar, something to think about.

RobT5580
01-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Add me to the list!

I am definately in......My b20a moves around way to much and i was thinking about seeing if i can have some made up.

1funryd
01-15-2008, 03:12 PM
I need mounts anyway, might as well get something that lasts. Sign me up.

Added!!

Lets keep it coming guys, and don't forget, NO Backing Out!!

Sean

List Updated as of 1-15-2008 @ 3:11pm
1. rustlude87 - Prelude
2. JDM86lude - Prelude
3. kyryeguy - Prelude
4. EricW - 3Geez
5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
?????? Minimum to be determine by AZ Race.(to be updated later..)

1funryd
01-15-2008, 03:17 PM

Messy, yes this will be for three mounts, Trust me when I say that 70 Durometer is nothing to laugh at. It will hold your engine down.
Let me put it to you this guys, there are only three mounts that support B20luda in pp.com who has dynoed his Turbo Charged H22 swap at 520whp (on race gas) and 480whp on pump gas. And this is a daily driven prelude.

No need for a front mount, well depending your setups. Unless your engine uses the front mount like a rear mount? If that be the case, it will be no rear mount, but we will make sure to take care of this as we progress.

We are opend to all the issues that you find with your mounts. Please feel free to add so that we will address them as we move further along.

On another Note* - We are moving on up. Please guys continue with the feedback on what to watch out for with the mounts, because we want to make sure we address the issues plaguing the mounts.

I want to make sure we are clear, that both the 2nd Gen Prelude and 3rd gen Accord(84-89) Si Fuel Injected models share the same mounts?

Please if you have pictures post them up, the clearer the better.

Sean

mushroom_toy
01-15-2008, 03:29 PM
HOLY SHIT AT $$$$$. Was gonna look at getting a set but if estimate is $350 ish then too bad.....but if you sell the bushings $6 bucks a pop I might buy some later on.

RobT5580
01-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Add me :)

1funryd
01-15-2008, 04:37 PM
HOLY SHIT AT $$$$$. Was gonna look at getting a set but if estimate is $350 ish then too bad.....but if you sell the bushings $6 bucks a pop I might buy some later on.

Those bushings only work for this particular kit, they wont work for the stock mounts. As for the price, well you just cant sacrifice on quality period.

And seeing how no other company makes a Billet kit for these cars, these would be king. :)

mushroom_toy
01-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Those bushings only work for this particular kit, they wont work for the stock mounts. As for the price, well you just cant sacrifice on quality period.

And seeing how no other company makes a Billet kit for these cars, these would be king. :)

Thats why I want the bushings, I can make get someone around here to make me a set of mounts. :)

For my pocket thats just too much, but im cheap, I dont skimp on quality, but I dont pay much if any for it at all. I have great friends that help me out with things, so I dont see fabricating mounts too much of a job for my friends, I just need some good bushings. If they are $6 bucks a pop ill buy some from yall, shouldnt matter what I need em for. :)

bobafett
01-15-2008, 05:55 PM
unreal...

actual R&D'ed billet mounts go for $300+ and you are thinking that $350 is WAY too much for custom mounts that don't really exist yet? i remember when billet mount kits were so much more money!!!

gotta love 3geez!

1funryd
01-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Add me :)

Added!!

We are doing good guys lets keep the momentum going.

Sean

List Updated as of 1-15-2008 @ 7:09pm
1. rustlude87 - Prelude
2. JDM86lude - Prelude
3. kyryeguy - Prelude
4. EricW - 3Geez
5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
6. RobT5580 - 3Geez

LX-incredible
01-15-2008, 08:54 PM
No need for a front mount, well depending your setups. Unless your engine uses the front mount like a rear mount? If that be the case, it will be no rear mount, but we will make sure to take care of this as we progress.

We don't have a tranny mount, so we will need both front and rear...

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/13sg70_j32.gif

MessyHonda
01-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Messy, yes this will be for three mounts, Trust me when I say that 70 Durometer is nothing to laugh at. It will hold your engine down.
Let me put it to you this guys, there are only three mounts that support B20luda in pp.com who has dynoed his Turbo Charged H22 swap at 520whp (on race gas) and 480whp on pump gas. And this is a daily driven prelude.

We are opend to all the issues that you find with your mounts. Please feel free to add so that we will address them as we move further along.

Sean

i have seen your mounts in action..one of the guy that helped me do my OBD1 swap has a h22 on his 3rd gen lude...and its making 170whp. when i got my car dyno tuned the engine was rocking back and forth....Alright il take one for the team so we can get this started.

Add me to the list...il just have to ask for some OT at work.

1funryd
01-16-2008, 09:22 AM
i have seen your mounts in action..one of the guy that helped me do my OBD1 swap has a h22 on his 3rd gen lude...and its making 170whp. when i got my car dyno tuned the engine was rocking back and forth....Alright il take one for the team so we can get this started.

Add me to the list...il just have to ask for some OT at work.

Good Man! So, you have seen the AZ Race mounts in action? Thats good to know I am getting them out there.

You have been added.

Sean

List Updated as of 1-16-2008 @ 8:23am
1. rustlude87 - Prelude
2. JDM86lude - Prelude
3. kyryeguy - Prelude
4. EricW - 3Geez
5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
6. RobT5580 - 3Geez
7. Messyhonda - 3Geez

TWOLOUDNPROUD
01-16-2008, 11:14 AM
add me to the list

2oodoor
01-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Add me to the list!

I am definately in......My b20a moves around way to much and i was thinking about seeing if i can have some made up.

this was for A20 mounts wasn't it?

Im interested, but can't commit, maybe as the project moves forward in the coming weeks.

labeledsk8r
01-16-2008, 01:01 PM
this was for A20 mounts wasn't it?

The JDM b20A (from jdm accord) uses the same mounts as the A20

1funryd
01-16-2008, 06:36 PM
add me to the list

Added. Good response guys, this is helping alot, lets keep getting as many as we can.

Sean

List Updated as of 1-16-2008 @ 6:35pm
1. rustlude87 - Prelude
2. JDM86lude - Prelude
3. kyryeguy - Prelude
4. EricW - 3Geez
5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
6. RobT5580 - 3Geez
7. Messyhonda - 3Geez
8. TOLOUDNPROUD - 3Geez

thegreatdane
01-17-2008, 11:44 AM
As mentioned, it will require the mount setup to be completely reworked in order to use that sort of billet mounts. It will require new engineblock/tranny brackets.

And if a new tranny(rear mount) bracket is going to get constructed and it's being made for the A20 engines, then that will rule out us B20A guys since we dont use the same tranny(rear mount) bracket.
But if/when I can get confirmed that this will also work with the B20A engines, I will sign up for a set as well. But I understand that is going to be difficult as they need money up front before beginning the R&D.

Great initiative though!

BITESIZE
01-17-2008, 12:05 PM
So you would only have to replace the bushing in the mounts after time, and not the whole thing right?

1funryd
01-17-2008, 12:18 PM
So you would only have to replace the bushing in the mounts after time, and not the whole thing right?

You can replace them should they ever wear out. But at 70 Durometer, those will not wear anytime soon. Unless you guys push 1000whp on a daily driven accord.

Sean

1funryd
01-17-2008, 12:20 PM
As mentioned, it will require the mount setup to be completely reworked in order to use that sort of billet mounts. It will require new engineblock/tranny brackets.

And if a new tranny(rear mount) bracket is going to get constructed and it's being made for the A20 engines, then that will rule out us B20A guys since we dont use the same tranny(rear mount) bracket.
But if/when I can get confirmed that this will also work with the B20A engines, I will sign up for a set as well. But I understand that is going to be difficult as they need money up front before beginning the R&D.

Great initiative though!

AZ will look at all the mounts involved, and we will try and get a local Arizona member or maybe hit a junkard, to see the cars to compare. But like I stated before, AZ knows what will be needed to move forward.

Sean

LX-incredible
01-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Accord rear A20 mount bracket:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/2275/p1000222rb9.jpg

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6237/p1000224ic3.jpg

1funryd
01-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Accord rear A20 mount bracket:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/2275/p1000222rb9.jpg

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6237/p1000224ic3.jpg

Thank you for that, I want everyone to know I spoke to Adam at AZ Race and Machine and told him we are at 9 committed buyers, he is now watching this thread as well as the Preludepower 2nd Prelude thread.

Which means, we are moving, but we need concise clarification on what mounts are going to be interchangable.

We need to know, for all the accords and 2nd gens on this list, what year, make and model you are.

We want to produce the right mounts, for your setups, so we are not producing the wrong mounts. AZ is needing to start from that point. Once we focus it down to which mounts are needed for both the 2nd Preludes and Accords, AZ will know were to start.

At this point this is what was stated from the 2nd gen prelude forum:

i own both models both an si and a dx. the front mount on the two look different. but, the rear mount is the same as well as the dog bone. the best part is that the rear mount on both will also work for the front mount on the base. the front mounts are not interchangeable.

the accord would be the same as the Si. so basically this would be the kit break down...
85-87 Honda Prelude Si
86-89 Honda Accord (all)
front1, rear1, dogbone1, driverside mount1
83-87 Honda Prelude DX
rear1, rear1 (because one for front and rear), dogbone1, driversidemount2 (because its different, yet not nessary)

i hope that makes sense. so basically the front for the si/accords will need one that different than the dx preludes, but the front and rear of the dx preludes are the same as the rear of the si/accords. Make Sense?

I would like clarification on this from the 3geez forum, so we are on the same page.

Project manager,

Sean

newtuner
01-17-2008, 04:00 PM
The A20A1 and A20A2 were the carbeurated versions of the A20A engines. It was available in the 1984-1987 Honda Preludes as well as the 1982-1989 Accord DX and LX...
and

The A20A3 was offered in the 1984-1987 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, the 1989 Honda Accord SE-i, and the 1986-1989 Honda Accord LX-i

RIGHT??

also the prelude dx had the a18 right??

"The A18A engine was the 1.8 liter engine found in 1984-1987 Honda Prelude in the US. Abroad, it was also available in the 1986-1989 Accords"

labeledsk8r
01-17-2008, 04:23 PM
The A20A1 and A20A2 were the carbeurated versions of the A20A engines. It was available in the 1984-1987 Honda Preludes as well as the 1982-1989 Accord DX and LX...
and

The A20A3 was offered in the 1984-1987 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, the 1989 Honda Accord SE-i, and the 1986-1989 Honda Accord LX-i

RIGHT??

also the prelude dx had the a18 right??

"The A18A engine was the 1.8 liter engine found in 1984-1987 Honda Prelude in the US. Abroad, it was also available in the 1986-1989 Accords"

i think just about anyone intrested in buying mounts knows what engine was in what car... thats not really the problem... difrent cars can have difrent mounts depending on frame design , even if its the same exact engine... there just working this out so we know exactly what models can use this and what models will only be able to use some of the mounts...

someone that works at a part store should snap some pics of the difrent mounts for the dx and si ludes and mayby snap some pics of the accords aswell... this would calm everyone down on mount design... im positive AZ will take care of it though as there a good company and arnt new to this type of thing

newtuner
01-17-2008, 04:36 PM
i think just about anyone intrested in buying mounts knows what engine was in what car... thats not really the problem... difrent cars can have difrent mounts depending on frame design , even if its the same exact engine... there just working this out so we know exactly what models can use this and what models will only be able to use some of the mounts...

someone that works at a part store should snap some pics of the difrent mounts for the dx and si ludes and mayby snap some pics of the accords aswell... this would calm everyone down on mount design... im positive AZ will take care of it though as there a good company and arnt new to this type of thing

but wasn't the lude (or accord) built off of the same frame?? not to mention that the lude hes askin about (dx) is a a18a i believe... so thats why the mount dosent work.. o BTW the engine bay is what matters not the frame.. acc. and all are what makes mount points differ.. as far as i kno the a20 in a lude is mounted the same way..

labeledsk8r
01-17-2008, 04:40 PM
but wasn't the lude (or accord) built off of the same frame?? not to mention that the lude hes askin about (dx) is a a18a i believe... so thats why the mount dosent work.. o BTW the engine bay is what matters not the frame.. acc. and all are what makes mount points differ.. as far as i kno the a20 in a lude is mounted the same way..

yes i know that.. and i think everyone else knew that aswell... kinda makeing me ask why it was posted... the project manager allready listed the difrences in his post....no need to argue all im saying is i think everyone allready knew the engine difrences...

oldschool3g
01-17-2008, 04:51 PM
AZ will look at all the mounts involved, and we will try and get a local Arizona member or maybe hit a junkard, to see the cars to compare. But like I stated before, AZ knows what will be needed to move forward.

Sean

This is sweet!. I was thinking of doing a B series swap but now that this came up im just gonna turbo the A20a3:cheers:. Add me to the list:). Oh and i see the company is located in Meza, AZ...im currently living in phoenix,AZ...if you want i can stop by and have them take a look at my mounts if it helps sort this out a bit..i have a 1989 lxi hatchback.

newtuner
01-17-2008, 05:08 PM
not tryin 2 argue either... jus tryin 2 help... he was wondering about the lude dx's so as far as i kno those are a18a's...

labeledsk8r
01-17-2008, 05:10 PM
not tryin 2 argue either... jus tryin 2 help... he was wondering about the lude dx's so as far as i kno those are a18a's...

my bad.. i kinda did go off for no reason... sorry man... stressfull day...

bump to a good thread

race12001
01-17-2008, 05:46 PM
i would be in if i can get a firm price and if you will take payments along the way you can ask severl members around here im good for it pm me or let me know im subcribing

newtuner
01-17-2008, 06:09 PM
my bad.. i kinda did go off for no reason... sorry man... stressfull day...

bump to a good thread

hey Man its cool we've all been there... btw i like ur car man... ive read alot of ur posts and well look up 2 u and all other 3geer's for that matter.. so thx for bein cool guys.. all of ya..

LX-incredible
01-17-2008, 06:51 PM
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/13sb00_j32.gif

The si uses the same hydraulic front mount as the accord. The base models used another rear mount in the front. A few members have used the accord rear mounts in place of the weaker front. So there shouldn't be any problems with that. I would be worried with possible differences in the rear brackets between the accord and prelude. The standard prelude drivers mount (#6, #11) mounts differently than the si (#7) I think it would be safe to say that this won't be a bolt-on kit for a non si prelude.
I have a 1988 LX-i Coupe.

cygnus x-1
01-17-2008, 09:52 PM
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/catimgs/13sb00_j32.gif
I would be worried with possible differences in the rear brackets between the accord and prelude. The standard prelude drivers mount (#6, #11) mounts differently than the si (#7) I think it would be safe to say that this won't be a bolt-on kit for a non si prelude.
I have a 1988 LX-i Coupe.

I have an '87 DX Prelude (manual trans) and I can confirm that it uses the same mount for the front and rear (#2). The side mount is the #6 and #11 style.

C|

1funryd
01-17-2008, 10:03 PM
This is sweet!. I was thinking of doing a B series swap but now that this came up im just gonna turbo the A20a3:cheers:. Add me to the list:). Oh and i see the company is located in Meza, AZ...im currently living in phoenix,AZ...if you want i can stop by and have them take a look at my mounts if it helps sort this out a bit..i have a 1989 lxi hatchback.

I will probably need your help in that dept, so pm me your contact info.

Sean

labeledsk8r
01-18-2008, 01:14 AM
really stupid question...... since it seems your about to hit 10 guys.. these will be available after there R&D'ed for normal buying corect, im still a few months off of starting a big project but i know i want some of these damn things... if i can get my money taken care of i will be in on this asap, i feel useless with all my money being tied up

hey Man its cool we've all been there... btw i like ur car man... ive read alot of ur posts and well look up 2 u and all other 3geer's for that matter.. so thx for bein cool guys.. all of ya..

thanks man, and again sorry, i have a huge move comeing up and i have been going threw stress locateing another 3gee. sadly that car in my sig has been gone for over a year now... its last pic thread was called like "last pics before junk yard"... i was still a noob back then lol

oldschool3g
01-18-2008, 10:55 AM
I will probably need your help in that dept, so pm me your contact info.

Sean

PM sent.

1funryd
01-18-2008, 03:12 PM
really stupid question...... since it seems your about to hit 10 guys.. these will be available after there R&D'ed for normal buying corect, im still a few months off of starting a big project but i know i want some of these damn things... if i can get my money taken care of i will be in on this asap, i feel useless with all my money being tied up

thanks man, and again sorry, i have a huge move comeing up and i have been going threw stress locateing another 3gee. sadly that car in my sig has been gone for over a year now... its last pic thread was called like "last pics before junk yard"... i was still a noob back then lol

The kits will be for sale retail after this group buy, the prices go higher. Depending on whether or not there is enough to run another group buy, we might do another group buy, but not for the same amount.

You can always purchase thru me, just pm me, and I will email you the details.

Project Manager,
Sean

RobT5580
01-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Im still in even knowing the rear mount bracket will be different for the B20A. I can work it out with AZ or have something fabbed up local to make it happen. Im very interested to see what they come up with. I would think that they could use the front, side, and rear and make a stable platform. But im willing to go as far as welding a mount to my tranny housing.

1funryd
01-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Im still in even knowing the rear mount bracket will be different for the B20A. I can work it out with AZ or have something fabbed up local to make it happen. Im very interested to see what they come up with. I would think that they could use the front, side, and rear and make a stable platform. But im willing to go as far as welding a mount to my tranny housing.

We will try to work it out so that the mounts produced for your cars are universal for both sides. I make no promises but I know that we can come up with something.

Sean

thegreatdane
01-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Oh what the hell. Put me on the list!

1funryd
01-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Oh what the hell. Put me on the list!

Good to hear! You have been added.

I went to the junyard and took a look at two accords and one 2nd gen prelude(carbed), and for the most part your setups are almost exactly the same except for the driver side mount on the prelude is different.
I will be discussing this with Adam about the design.

Sean

List Updated as of 1-21-2008 @ 12:58pm
1. rustlude87 - Prelude
2. JDM86lude - Prelude
3. kyryeguy - Prelude
4. EricW - 3Geez
5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
6. RobT5580 - 3Geez
7. Messyhonda - 3Geez
8. TOLOUDNPROUD - 3Geez
9. thegreatdane - 3Geez

AccordEpicenter
01-21-2008, 02:18 PM
pardon my lack of reading comprehension, but what is actually included with these mount kits? Also what mounts are replaced? Timing belt side mount and rear tranny mount? Is the dogbone and front mount on the crossmember included? Thanx

oldschool3g
01-21-2008, 04:23 PM
add me to number 10:cheers:

1funryd
01-21-2008, 05:56 PM
add me to number 10:cheers:

Added!!! Good, we now have 11. AZ is shipping out the B20/21 billet mounts for the 3rd gen Preludes, so as soon as I can get Adam on the phone, I will discuss this progress of this project.

Sean

List Updated as of 1-21-2008 @ 5:54pm
1. rustlude87 - Prelude
2. JDM86lude - Prelude
3. kyryeguy - Prelude
4. EricW - 3Geez
5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
6. RobT5580 - 3Geez
7. Messyhonda - 3Geez
8. TOLOUDNPROUD - 3Geez
9. thegreatdane - 3Geez
10. Smeado
11. twhonza - 3Geez

mykwikcoupe
01-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Im with rob, robt550 or whatever his name is on here. Ive got the same engine and will have to deal with the same problems. Please add me to the list. Also until yesterday I never knew this thread existed. I could have missed it and that would suck. On #geez part maybe moving this to the main page or making it visible from the main page would help with people interested. Im also game for a second set of bushings. If it is possible to get something mmodified to work with the JDM B20a mounts that would be fantastic.

On a side note, do you know if AZ makes or has plans on makeing a generic top dogbone mount with adjustments? Nothing set as per engine but general in length to work with a variety of applications. It seems Honda was lazy and a single mount with added length could be used in alot of different places. Thanks mike

Vanilla Sky
01-22-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm interested, but broke.

/subscribing

RobT5580
01-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Im hoping the mounts stiffen it up enough to loose the dog bone mount!

mykwikcoupe
01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Im hoping the mounts stiffen it up enough to loose the dog bone mount!

lose as in not use it completely!! Dont you think the engine torque under load will be too much for just the lower/rear mount? Let me think about this for a minute. Under load does the motor tilt towards the firewall or the radiator? If its to the firewall Id say ok loose it but if not?? I wonder if the turbo will get in the way of the new mount as it does the stock mount. Are you making your manifold closer to the #1 cyl?

1funryd
01-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Ok Gentlemen, I need your help. We need good clear shots of all the engine mounts. I was talking to Adam the other day, and informing him of the challenges. He needs to see more of the cars that this kit is going to support.
He is unable to give a final price now, since we are dealing with two platforms and trying to make them both work as one kit.
If we have to do two different versions, this will up the price, which we dont want to do. And that dog bone mount looks like we might have to cut a new one out of billet as well.

AZ does not want to do an incomplete kit, so we need to see as many good shots of those mounts as possible, before AZ starts spending R&D money on this project.

So lets get them up. We need Prelude and Accord shots.

Sean

carotman
01-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Be careful with too stiff mounts. Here's what happened to TwoLoudNproud

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/TwoLoudNproud/DSCN6858.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/TwoLoudNproud/DSCN6857.jpg

The front bracket has only 1 bolt holding the front mount. If you remove the top dogbone, this is the single point of failure.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
01-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Be careful with too stiff mounts. Here's what happened to TwoLoudNproud

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/TwoLoudNproud/DSCN6858.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/TwoLoudNproud/DSCN6857.jpg

The front bracket has only 1 bolt holding the front mount. If you remove the top dogbone, this is the single point of failure.

I feel so Special:bowrofl:

carotman
01-23-2008, 11:19 AM
I feel so Special:bowrofl:

Hahah, I feeled concerned about what happened to you.

I had that exact same setup on my car. A solid front motor mount. I was affraid that that exact hting happened to me... I guess I was right.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
01-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Hahah, I feeled concerned about what happened to you.

I had that exact same setup on my car. A solid front motor mount. I was affraid that that exact hting happened to me... I guess I was right.

I did not think the mount would break like that specially hitting third gear but when i heard the motor hit the hood and saw my hood lift up i was like :wtf: then i popped the hood and saw that i was like shit what the odds on it breaking rob is running a solid mount without the dogbone with turbo and lsd and his did not break but mine did.

RobT5580
01-23-2008, 02:39 PM
It depends which way they go with the kit whether or not they would use the dog bone. Given they will do a driver side mount, rear mount, and either replace the front mount with a tranny mount or keep the front and do fix the dog bone.

I would think they can fix the dog bone with just inserts. The old bushings come right out by hand.

I will see what i have for pictures!

RobT5580
01-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Here are a few pictures if they help at all!

http://thumb4.webshots.net/t/60/660/3/98/66/2049398660084712684kBlJqQ_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2049398660084712684kBlJqQ)

http://thumb4.webshots.net/t/68/168/4/70/76/2355470760084712684pFtaof_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2355470760084712684pFtaof)

http://thumb4.webshots.net/t/60/760/1/63/55/2321163550084712684vgehxZ_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2321163550084712684vgehxZ)

http://thumb4.webshots.net/t/50/750/0/20/87/2240020870084712684ilvsFn_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2240020870084712684ilvsFn)

I can see if i can get pictures for the B20A rear mount. But if it becomes a problem i can work on this with AZ or someone else if its an issue.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
01-23-2008, 05:21 PM
I have a extra B20A rear mount

cygnus x-1
01-23-2008, 05:59 PM
The really pertinent question is whether an Accord rear mount can also be used as a front mount. If it can then a single mount will work for the front and rear on all 2g Preludes and 3g Accords. Which would make it really easy.

Removing the dog bone completely is a whole other problem. Then you would need to think about reinforcing the engine brackets as well, or at least that front one. They weren't designed to handle the torque load as well as the weight of the engine.

C|

EricW
01-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Heres a few pictures that i had saved that show the mounts hopefully they help.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/ericrw165/th_dsc006627gd.jpg (http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/ericrw165/dsc006627gd.jpg)
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/ericrw165/th_IMG_0444.jpg (http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/ericrw165/IMG_0444.jpg)
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/ericrw165/th_A20A1firewallpic1.jpg (http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/ericrw165/A20A1firewallpic1.jpg)

1funryd
01-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Keep it coming guys, I need to see all the models of everyone on this list. We are trying to figure out what the best way to approach this. AZ Race is wanting to make this kit as universal as possible, but we will need to figure out which models will be the dominate make. Some of you might have to do a little swapping to use the same mounts. Don't quote me on that, as nothing is set yet, I just wanted it to be clear, so everyone knows that we will not be able to satisfy everyone on here.

I will have Adam look at these and we will see where it will take us. Keep the pictures coming.

Sean

RobT5580
01-24-2008, 07:59 PM
I said i will/can work out the b20a details. I think AZ has a decent product to sell because it will cover multiple products and won't require a entire re-design of all the mounts. The B20A's will only need a rear mount modification and seeing they physically use the same mount it will probably be a bracket modification only.

Im defintately pleased at how this project is making way and hopefully it keeps moving forward.

1funryd
01-26-2008, 11:44 PM
I have talked to Adam about the Dog Bone, and we are still trying to see what is going to be the best way to do this. It looks like we can not eliminate that dog bone, but I need to know what all of you and the accords do for aftermarket power, so that we know how crucial or not that dog bone is?

Sean

89T
01-27-2008, 04:46 AM
its looking like the turbo accords are pushing between 2-300hp and there are a couple builds that have the potential to be in excess of 300,and the na guys between 90-130hp(?)(correct me if i am wrong)

my name is not on the list because i may go with solid mounts.

bobafett
01-27-2008, 09:36 AM
I think this is a cool idea, but the only way I would be in is if the front motor mount was offset to the passenger side a few inches and we had some form of adjustable tension rod with poly bushings on each end.

ESP does this with many of their traction bar setups just as an example - http://explicitspeedperformance.net/TBS.html

http://explicitspeedperformance.net/myPictures/IMG_2059.jpg
this mount lines up directly with the holes on the block, but if we offset this mount maybe 2" it would eliminate the front motor mount from ever being in the way of downpipe routing. Doesn't solve the fact that the crossmember is still being a pain, but its a start.

RobT5580
01-27-2008, 02:39 PM
The dog bone is not a big deal i had to modify my brackets to accomodate it with the victor x manifold but it works out.

As for the rear mount working in place of the front mount i don't think the bolt pattern matched my front mount as it was a much larger mount. I could be wrong but i believe i checked it because i filled my old mounts with erethane.

thegreatdane
01-29-2008, 10:12 AM
I have talked to Adam about the Dog Bone, and we are still trying to see what is going to be the best way to do this. It looks like we can not eliminate that dog bone, but I need to know what all of you and the accords do for aftermarket power, so that we know how crucial or not that dog bone is?

Sean

I dont see any reason why the dog bone shouldnt be able to get eliminated. If a bushing type mount is being used in the front and rear, there shouldnt be any need for the dogbone.
The dogbone get's in the way for certain intake manifolds. And it's not very pretty either lol.

1funryd
01-29-2008, 02:06 PM
I dont see any reason why the dog bone shouldnt be able to get eliminated. If a bushing type mount is being used in the front and rear, there shouldnt be any need for the dogbone.
The dogbone get's in the way for certain intake manifolds. And it's not very pretty either lol.

Ok, I will bring this up to Adam.

Guys I hope you all who have signed up are saving your money, for your deposit and the total payment.

We are still moving forward, just looking at all options, and listening to what you have to say.

Project Manager,
Sean

2drSE-i
01-29-2008, 02:09 PM
the dogbone mount is there to limit the back and forth rocking of the motor yes? I think what the greatdane is saying (for those of you who had a little trouble figuring it out, like myself) is that if the other mounts are going to do this anyway, we dont really need the dogbone.

MessyHonda
01-29-2008, 02:43 PM
so yeah sean...payday is on friday... when will this get started?

1funryd
01-29-2008, 03:57 PM
so yeah sean...payday is on friday... when will this get started?

It has already started, but AZ wants to sure which way we are to go with this project, becuase time is money, and I know no one wants pay the hourly on R&D. I need everysingle person who signed up to have the $150 deposit sitting and waiting for the annoucement to pay. Once I post that up, I will be expecting everyone to have their money's in. So, since I have not stated that yet, I expect all those involved to be ready on the fly.

The only reason I have not annouced it yet, is because we don't know what is the best way to attack this as a universal mount between both prelude and accord. I was thinking persoanlly we elimnate the dog bone, but then we need to probably make a bracket for the rear mount and front mount to keep the engine steady secure.

AZ also does not want to do an incomplete kit, and with the driver side mount being different betweek the prelude and accord, we are not sure yet on what is the cheapest most secure method on what we are going to do yet.

I was suppose to go back to the junkyard and get some clear good pictures to give Adam an idea of what you are all talking about.

So, have money ready, and get the balance asap, and keep the comments coming in with pictures as well.

Project Manager,
Sean

labeledsk8r
01-29-2008, 04:06 PM
what pics do you all need? i cant get on to the groupe buy but i will be happy to help.. we need pics of mounts on the 3gee accord , the 2g lude (a18) and 2g lude si (a20) correct? i am working on a A18 2g lude right now for a friend when he brings it by in the next few days i can snap some pics of it..and once i get to florida i can take pics of the mounts on my accord if that will help at all

1funryd
01-29-2008, 04:11 PM
what pics do you all need? i cant get on to the groupe buy but i will be happy to help.. we need pics of mounts on the 3gee accord , the 2g lude (a18) and 2g lude si (a20) correct? i am working on a A18 2g lude right now for a friend when he brings it by in the next few days i can snap some pics of it..and once i get to florida i can take pics of the mounts on my accord if that will help at all

Yes I need good high quality pics of both the lude and accord engine mounts with as many angles as possible. I prefer you email them to me directly since hosting them will reduce the quality and kill bandwith for those who don't high speed.

Email the pics to: [email protected]

Thank you.

Sean

RobT5580
01-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Do you need actual mounts to give them? I believe i have a set laying around for the A20A3 Lxi chassis minus the tranny bracket. I know i have the side, front, rear mounts. All you will need are the tranny bracket and dogbone if they do anything with it.

I know the Place Racing B-series kit that uses a tranny mount rather than a front mount eliminates the dogbone. The only big difference i see is you have to side mounts and the rear to keep it from rocking. So im not sure how using front rear and one side will be without a dogbone but i would think similar?

oldschool3g
01-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Ive sent some pics to your email...hope they help.

89T
01-30-2008, 07:07 AM
a possible solution to remove the dog bone would be to move the mounting points up on the motor..a horizontal and triangulated bar? (possibly front and rear)
since there is a possibility of redesigning the brackets they can be desighned for intercangeability, the lower section whitch will bolt to the crossmember can be generic(and would not need to be billet to be cost effective) to be able to mount to multiple bolt patterns, as the bushing can be located on the braces.simular to bobbafetts pic. look at the engine mount section. the bushing does not need to be bolted to the crossmember such as our stock mounts are.

89T
01-30-2008, 07:18 AM
after posting that, i got to thinking that they may not be able to build them in billet in the way i discribed.
disreguard if that post was not helpful.

1funryd
01-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Here is the updated list:

List Updated as of 1-30-2008 @ 9:34am
1. rustlude87
2. JDM86lude
3. kyryeguy
4. EricW - 3Geez member
5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
6. RobT5580 - 3Geez
7. MessyHonda
8. TOLOUDNPROUD - 3Geez
9. thegreatdane - 3Geez
10. Smeado
11. twhonza - 3Geez
12. Chrislude1982

Sean

thegreatdane
01-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Sean didnt rjudgey sign up for this too on preludepower? You missed him perhaps

1funryd
01-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Sean didnt rjudgey sign up for this too on preludepower? You missed him perhaps

If I remember correctly he said he may join, so I dont want to add someone who is not ready to commit.

AZ is watching this thread, and there concerned with the low numbers that some may drop out. They are still feeling out this project. They want to do this, but they want to make sure that once someone says I do, that it shows they will.

AZ and I went thru some stressfull times on preludepower with the H22 kit and the B20 kit. We had almost half drop due to impatience, irresponsibility, and just plane luck of the draw. In the end AZ Race always came thru, even at loss. They don't want to go thru that again. Their moto is "Home of the good guys" and they live by it. They trust me, but at some point they need to make good business decisions as well. So, I ask all those on here who really want this to happen to join up, and stick with it till the end, because you all benefit in the end.
We even had some members on preludepower buy 2-3 kits to keep the project moving forward.

Basically what I am doing for AZ and your community is collecting the heads and committing everyone first. At the same time, I am also gaining information on what to do with this project since we are half and half on both sides of the equation, I mean Prelude vs Accord buyers. So that we produce a quality product at a reasonble price and make all involved happy.

With that said, I urge more to join and support this project. And I need to know between both sides what is going to be the best setup for both worlds, and what each members is willing to do to make the kit work for their own setup in case we do not produce a mount they want. In other words, what mounts are all as a group willing to have produced, and are some of you willing to make the universal kit work for your particular car if they mounts we fabricate only works for some and not others.

Project Manager,
Sean

RobT5580
01-30-2008, 03:33 PM
I was thinking of a solution for the rear mount to work for the B20A and A20A3. Both use the same rear rubber mount just different brackets on the tranny. If they make a adaptor in the shape of a unside down U with a stud like the stock mount then they can use that to fit over the new mount and it will work for both accord platforms.

The hardest part would be for them to determine the height to make their mount with the adaptor to meet the stock mount height. I honestly think it will be a simple design and work on both platforms maybe even the 2nd gen prelude if it uses the same rear mount.

Depending on my tax return i would consider buying a second set but thats going on a limb. I want/need these mounts and i like what AZ produces so i am willing to take it a step further if need be.

LX-incredible
01-31-2008, 01:15 AM
No way I'm backing out on this one. I will most likely be down for a second set once we get some details...

I was looking at the accord front and rear mounts and the bolt pattern is quite different... That's 2 mounts that couldn't be used on the prelude DX. I would assume they could make an extra rear billet instead of the front for these guys... How many are there anyway?

LX-incredible
01-31-2008, 01:26 AM
nvm

labeledsk8r
01-31-2008, 12:35 PM
ok i just got done looking over the 87 DX prelude and snaped some pics of the side mount... dont know how usefull they are i was going to unbolt it and take it out but it snowed last night and its a pain to jack the car up on ice, if these pics are usefull let me know and i will email them to you, also fro mwhat i could tell the front mount on the DX lude looks the same as the front mount on the accord same as the dog bone mount looked the same... had way to many lines and wires to get to take a pic of it today though,

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/a18preludeenginemounts001.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/a18preludeenginemounts002.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/a18preludeenginemounts003.jpg

again if these are usefull i will email you the high res pics since photo bucket scales them down

1funryd
02-02-2008, 12:20 AM
is there any type of mount on the tranny side?

labeledsk8r
02-02-2008, 01:32 AM
is there any type of mount on the tranny side?

like a side mount on the trans side? no just the front mount, driver side mount (pictured) dog bone uper rear, and im guessing a rear trans mount (but could not get the lude jacked up to check that) everytihng looks the same as the accord to me except that side mount... but cant be 100% untill there lined up next to each other....

thegreatdane
02-02-2008, 11:14 AM
There might be length differences on the dog bone mount between the different models.

Here is a picture of the 3g accord mounts, these are similar with 85-87 prelude A20A/B20A mounts (also note the small rubber damper placed on the center beam underneath the clutch housing):

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/332/8689accordmountsju0.jpg

............................................... Carbed 83-87 prelude mounts:

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3680/8387carbedpreludestc0.jpg

cygnus x-1
02-02-2008, 08:00 PM
No tranny mount on any of these. Front, rear, upper rear, and drivers side.

C|

1funryd
02-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Ok this helps a lot, to be able to compare both types of cars.

Thanks guys.

Sean

1funryd
02-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Ok, I want to let everyone know that thank to the diagrams that was posted, they are able to have better comparison to the mounts, and are discussing the options now.

Thank guys, I was told by Adam at AZ Race that him the powers that be are looking hard into this, and they will let me know what they are going to do, and the status of this project, so stand by and I will keep you all updated.

Project Manager,
Sean

Updated list:

List Updated as of 2-6-2008 @ 11:37am
1. rustlude87
2. JDM86lude
3. kyryeguy
4. EricW - 3Geez member
5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
6. RobT5580 - 3Geez
7. MessyHonda
8. TOLOUDNPROUD - 3Geez
9. thegreatdane - 3Geez
10. Smeado
11. twhonza - 3Geez
12. Chrislude1982
13. knifemind

RobT5580
02-06-2008, 02:56 PM
I not sure if you caught my comment regaurding the rear mount. But if they make an adaptor they can cover the A20/b20 in the same shot since they use the same mount just different brackets. My idea is a upside down U-bracket with a stud similar to the stock mount but to wrap the new AZ mount.

That should be a relatively simple job and the side mount and dog bone should'nt be to bad. I think the front mount will be the hardest.

1funryd
02-07-2008, 03:16 PM
:sad2: I am sorry to say that AZ Race has decided that the cost would be too much for both groups to handle, and that this project will not move forward.

I am sorry guys, I thought there was more numbers with both groups combined, and AZ RACE was watching and reading all threads, on both sites. PP.com and 3Geez.com.

Due to many obstacles to make a kit work and the low numbers, and price was not attainable for the $350.00 mark. It was going to cost more. So much more that is would not be feasable for AZ or the communities.

I did try. I will continue to see if I can get someone else to do this for you.

Sean

labeledsk8r
02-07-2008, 03:35 PM
this has only been going for less then a month?? one thing about these cars are the owners normaly need time to get funds ready... what would be the needed amount to make a run of these mounts for JUST 3gee accord? really i dont think a month is feesable time to get it done... the last golden eagle adjs cam groupe buy took almost 8 months

forrest89sei
02-07-2008, 05:58 PM
this has only been going for less then a month?? one thing about these cars are the owners normaly need time to get funds ready... what would be the needed amount to make a run of these mounts for JUST 3gee accord? really i dont think a month is feesable time to get it done... the last golden eagle adjs cam groupe buy took almost 8 months

Also what about getting in contact with new8st? maybe he can help if theres more of a minimum then members can do at the moment?

labeledsk8r
02-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Also what about getting in contact with new8st? maybe he can help if theres more of a minimum then members can do at the moment?

i think he is still recovering from the cam gear groupe buy... if i get my job asap when i get to floirda... i might have 2 grand left over to help on this... as long as i dont loose any money... but thats still a month or so in the future

RobT5580
02-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Thats pretty disappointing seeing that this group buy seemed to pick up really fast in terms of this forum. I will see if i can get my friend thats a machinist to work on something but it will be time consuming.

What kinda of numbers are AZ looking for? Because im willing to sit on this and see if more will commit. I would preffer to have AZ to do them since they have experience in mouns.

1funryd
02-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Thats pretty disappointing seeing that this group buy seemed to pick up really fast in terms of this forum. I will see if i can get my friend thats a machinist to work on something but it will be time consuming.

What kinda of numbers are AZ looking for? Because im willing to sit on this and see if more will commit. I would preffer to have AZ to do them since they have experience in mouns.

I even countered AZ and asked them if they would reconsider if we had more numbers, but for now the numbers just do not justify the R&D.

They are a business to make money as well as cater to a small or big community. They were not seeing this group pick up in numbers, they need to keep producing, or at least produce enough of the prodcut to cover costs and expenses. But thats not the case here, for now.

I was able to muster up more support in the 3rd gen section because the number of members were there, but even with that, most of them bailed last minute on two of the AZ Race group buys, and it was a struggle to get the last project done with such a miserable number.

I will keep trying to find someone. But we might have to go with steel welded mounts.

Sean

labeledsk8r
02-07-2008, 11:32 PM
i dont get why this has to be done RIGHT NOW... i mean this has only been posted for less then a moth... more interest will come in time.. and when enough members are interested THEN push towards getting them R&D'd.... gettig interest on this site for months at a time doesnt slow them down.. becuse there not doing any work... i kinda want to know numbers becuse in a few months i "might" have a few grand to buy up 4-6 sets and then i can sell them off (for the same price i paied) it would get it moveing forward.... just saying i dont get why theres a time limit on finding interest... there not looseing any money right now... not untill the R&D is comited wich is still a long ways away even IF they were to do it right now

1funryd
02-07-2008, 11:36 PM
i dont get why this has to be done RIGHT NOW... i mean this has only been posted for less then a moth... more interest will come in time.. and when enough members are interested THEN push towards getting them R&D'd.... gettig interest on this site for months at a time doesnt slow them down.. becuse there not doing any work... i kinda want to know numbers becuse in a few months i "might" have a few grand to buy up 4-6 sets and then i can sell them off (for the same price i paied) it would get it moveing forward.... just saying i dont get why theres a time limit on finding interest... there not looseing any money right now... not untill the R&D is comited wich is still a long ways away even IF they were to do it right now

I hear what your saying bro, I asked them what numbers they would work with to get it moving. But they did say for now, its not in the cards.
So its not a no forever, just for now.

I would be more than happy to build more support for this, This thread can stay open, and I will monitor it. I will do the same for the 2nd genners as well. Because there is power in numbers.

Sean

MessyHonda
02-08-2008, 01:36 AM
bummer....sorry to get everyones hopes up on here.

RobT5580
02-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Well i appreciate all your time and effort put forth in this project and all your projects on prelude power. I know its hard to deal with all the ups and downs of organizing a group buy.

I will try to see if i can track down my because i know he can help me but it probably wont be cheap. But he did amazing work on the custom big brake brackets so i will see if hes up for a new challenge.

Im not gonna jump the gun but if i decide to do a sort of group buy i will require partial payment up front to cover my ass. I don't know how this will pan out but i will see how he feels about the project and see how expensive it will be for him to make a setup for me.

mykwikcoupe
02-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Im more interested in finding mounts they make and adapting them to fit the stock mount locations. Honda has proved lazy in the past using same basic designs. Its just a factor of finding the ones that would work. Im hoping welding like an integra bushing mount to our stock brackets would work?

RobT5580
02-10-2008, 06:17 PM
I dont know where everyone else stands but i would pay $500 or so for a set of mounts. Im in the process of getting a prototype set made by a friend but i don't know if he will do it and what it will cost for the first set. But i guess time will tell its not on my priority list since im in the process of re-building my turbo B20A but i will see what its going to take to get it started.

For those of you still in need of mounts i would post what you are willing to pay for mounts and who is a definate for buying. Perhaps AZ would reconsider? I did go back to the thread and felt that including the 2nd gen may have been the problem due to the complexity of the side mount.

But with that said i would like to see what people would be in and what they would pay. Worst case i might pick up the task if cost effective but i might cost more since i will have to sub out the machining and the actual rubber in the mount!

LX-incredible
02-10-2008, 07:25 PM
I would pay $500. They would have to be pretty damn solid for that much... No adaptor BS.

labeledsk8r
02-10-2008, 07:35 PM
well i can say down the road ima be going turbo.... and im going to need some type of mount... getting them machined myself means ima be paying a high amount aswell... only problem is that its not the highest part on my list right now

RobT5580
02-11-2008, 04:02 PM
I have a mental picture of how to go around the new mounts and it would require an adaptor bracket but it definately would be a nice solid part. Im trying to track down the guy i know to get his impression.

And its not my priority but this group buy came about so i made funds available.

labeledsk8r
02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
And its not my priority but this group buy came about so i made funds available.

im not sure if that was directed at me.... but im a 19 year old kid thats paying for a move accross the country.... i think getting my new apartment setup and a job in the new city is a little more inportent then engine mounts right now for me.............. i will help as much as i can though, i will be needing these no matter what down the road... im just not going ot comit becuse then theres a chance the funds will have to go to something else... all i was saying is im interested if the come up for sale down the road at around that 500 mark just cant commit ATM

RobT5580
02-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Sorry it wasn't meant to be taken badly i meant to just state that im not ready for the mounts but i will put the money up now if need be. I am working on having a new turbo manifold made, a JDM parts order, and i need pistons for my B20A before i can get it to the machine shop.

thegreatdane
02-15-2008, 06:32 AM
I love having no aftermarket support! Seems to be the curse of these cars.

Thanks for trying to get it going though Sean! My opinion is also that the carbed lude mount problem was complicating this mount kit too much.

RobT5580
02-15-2008, 05:56 PM
I agree and think doing the accord mounts would be fairly easy. I should have something in the works by summer if i can track down a friend from high school. I was working on my accord today and i made up some erethane filled mounts and they are much stiffer but i see the front liquid filled mount and dog bone posing a problem. At worst i would find inserts for the dogbone and work out something on the front mount and i think it would fix a lot of the play im having. But i will work on billet mounts if cost effective!

labeledsk8r
02-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Sorry it wasn't meant to be taken badly i meant to just state that im not ready for the mounts but i will put the money up now if need be. I am working on having a new turbo manifold made, a JDM parts order, and i need pistons for my B20A before i can get it to the machine shop.

its allright... just angers me that right when all of my money is tied up on life something like this comes along.... i know im need mounts at some point... if your not able to track down your buddy from school after a bit then mayby i can talk to a few guys in florida... i know a shop that custom makes mounts for 3,000GT's and like that... if we could get a rough mount build from steal and send them in to be copyed in billet then it might be the cheepest as were not paying the company to R&D just copy... they also do urthane so replacement bushings could be done aswell... so if something doesnt pull threw in a while id be happy to try that route... just angers me im stuck doing all this move crap

RobT5580
02-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Yeah its hard having a car for a hobby my car has been in the works for a long time.

As for the R&D its more or less writing a CNC program. For our mounts im confident that it wouldn't require a crazy amount of R&D since your in a way copying the honda mounts. I should be able to find him i wish it was a few years ago when he was single because he made stuff on the side for me in the past. Now he co-owns the shop so im sure he will charge more.

Vanilla Sky
02-15-2008, 08:57 PM
I have several cars we can use for templating and fitting.

Soopitup
02-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Very interesting...I will also be looking at custom fabbin some of my own here in the next few months...

RobT5580
02-16-2008, 06:46 PM
I don't really see fitment being an issue since they would build new mounts off of measurements off of the originals. I noticed they had a slight issue with the 3rd gen prelude tranny mount but we really have a pretty open bay.

mykwikcoupe
02-16-2008, 09:15 PM
you know me rob, if its good enough for you make me a set also. Id still like to see a modified mount made so we can buy an off the shelf bushing and slap it in there when we wear them out slamming gears.

EX-ileAccord
03-02-2008, 10:31 AM
n/m

RobT5580
03-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I just recieved my mount new inserts so i should have some mount designs in the works sometime this summer. I already have a pretty good grasp on what i plan to have made so i don't think it will be to bad. But the inserts were pretty pricy so i do forsee the final product to be out of the price range of many.

But i will give more information as i go and see if i plan to have any production on them.

EricW
03-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I just received my mount new inserts so i should have some mount designs in the works sometime this summer. I already have a pretty good grasp on what i plan to have made so i don't think it will be to bad. But the inserts were pretty pricey so i do for see the final product to be out of the price range of many.

But i will give more information as i go and see if i plan to have any production on them.

If you get a set of these designed and produced, I will buy a set. I always keep some extra cash saved in case any thing good comes up and mounts would definitely be something worth buying.

MessyHonda
03-02-2008, 10:12 PM
yeah im still down....my mounts are starting to look like 153k mounts...anything better would do good

1funryd
03-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Ok gentlemen, I have spoken to a www.explicitspeedperformance.net and they are willing to take on this project.

However; there will need to be a serious interest in this project, and we are looking at around $550.00 + shipping and paypal fees.

Please understand that we are trying to make this a universal as possible and its going to take some compromise on both sides.

I need to know how many are going to stay on the project and not bail. We have a very fragile issue with this project and I need solid committed buyers.

They are willing so I need both communities to help me.

Project Manager,
Sean

mykwikcoupe
03-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Im still in. let me know when you need funds and theyll be there. I didnt know you lived in WA you should hook up with zackiedarko

1funryd
03-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Im still in. let me know when you need funds and theyll be there. I didnt know you lived in WA you should hook up with zackiedarko

I am going to need a local member here in WA to help with the R&D.

And I am glad to here that you are still in, this will help to keep this project alive and moving forward.

Sean

Edit: Unfortunately these mounts will be steel, because Billet in these mounts was going to be in the $900 range due to the low numbers and the complexity of both chassis having some differences.

2drSE-i
03-06-2008, 08:18 PM
im a bit tight ATM so i wont be able to afford a set of mounts right now, unfortunately.

I would, on the other hand, be very interested in a 3 point front strut bar and a couple of 2 point rears, if they would be willing to R&D some of those for us. Would you be willing to ask them about that? They offer them for other cars at 99 Per rear and 170 for the front. I would be interested if they could do like 450 a set.

Edit: ok Its 119 for upper and 99 for lower on the rear strut bars, 189 for the front

Total: 407

I understand they are trying to run a business so these probly wouldn't be worth producing at the same rate as the other popular cars...Probably around 500 for the whole set lol.

1funryd
03-06-2008, 11:34 PM
im a bit tight ATM so i wont be able to afford a set of mounts right now, unfortunately.

I would, on the other hand, be very interested in a 3 point front strut bar and a couple of 2 point rears, if they would be willing to R&D some of those for us. Would you be willing to ask them about that? They offer them for other cars at 99 Per rear and 170 for the front. I would be interested if they could do like 450 a set.

Edit: ok Its 119 for upper and 99 for lower on the rear strut bars, 189 for the front

Total: 407

I understand they are trying to run a business so these probly wouldn't be worth producing at the same rate as the other popular cars...Probably around 500 for the whole set lol.

One thing at a time, I am trying to solve an issue for you guys with regards to mounts. Once we can figure this out, then I can move on to other things.
I dont mean to sound abrupt, but this same thing happens everytime anyone brings up a project. Someone else always wants their way to happen since they are not in the market for the item that is trying to get produced.

Lets figure out this project first, and if there is enough serious demand for your suggestion, then we can move on that.

Sean

2drSE-i
03-07-2008, 05:57 AM
haha sounds fair enough. For me to get what i want anyway it will cost about the same, and i need some mounts. If i come into some money i will totally join in.

EricW
03-07-2008, 06:00 AM
I'm still in and have the money when ever its needed.

lostforawhile
03-07-2008, 07:09 AM
the dogbone mount is there to limit the back and forth rocking of the motor yes? I think what the greatdane is saying (for those of you who had a little trouble figuring it out, like myself) is that if the other mounts are going to do this anyway, we dont really need the dogbone.the dog bone is important because it keeps the motor mounts from flexing too much and metal fatigue from breaking them. the dog bone is easy, just needs better inserts and possibly some reinforcements to the factory metal part. on the large bushing on mine,i replaced it with an aluminum insert with a steel insert where the bolt goes,and a poly bushing on the small end. it really helps keep the motor from rocking. remember what works on front wheel drive cars is different from what works on rear wheel drive cars, in a rear wheel drive all the torque is at the back after the diff. in front wheel drive the diff is built into the tranny so all the torque the engine produces has been multiplied by the diff and is being exerted in line with the front drive wheels. this is a lot more torque then the unmultiplied output of the engine. when this happens it wants to twist the engine right off of the front mount. the dogbone is there to prevent this from happening. ugly or not it takes a lot of force off of that front mount.

RobT5580
03-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Im kinda on the fence on this one. I would pay $550 for the billet but i think its a bit much for welded steel ones granted this is a custom made part.

I took up my own project and got the poly inserts and started working on some rough designs.

1funryd
03-07-2008, 06:54 PM
Im kinda on the fence on this one. I would pay $550 for the billet but i think its a bit much for welded steel ones granted this is a custom made part.

I took up my own project and got the poly inserts and started working on some rough designs.

Ok, would you like me to drop this completely then? Because with every member you guys drop hurts the group big time.

I know many of you think that its easy to do this, but it is not, especially when a company is going to put their name and reputation on it. Some of you have the skills to do this on your own, but now the resources to take on such a big project. I admire you for that, but when trying to secure an aftermarket item, we need numbers.

And when numbers start to fall then the projects either hold up or just dont get finished. I know that you were all looking forward to Billet mounts, but its just not financially feasable for you guys to offered it.

When I gave price of $350 + on the Billet, AZ did the math and to do your project was going to cost you guys way to much for all the member to bare. It was not going to be a $350 part, it would have been at least $900 for your kits, at least.

Let me break it down to you like this, it costs $80 per/hour for manhours for custom work on anything(average, and AZ Race's fee) so if you add that to how many umpteen hours its going to take to design the mounts, and then take purchase the material, and then program the machines, and lets not forget test fitting. It will cost an unattainable amount for a group of 13 buyers unless everyone is willing to spend that much to get it completed.

I need to know if you guys are going to support me on this, or else I will have to just stop all the research and time I have been putting forth into this. I did not quit when AZ said they could not do it now. I have been looking for a reasonable manufacture, and I feel I may have found one. But now the choice is in your hands.

Let me know.

Sean

lostforawhile
03-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Ok, would you like me to drop this completely then? Because with every member you guys drop hurts the group big time.

I know many of you think that its easy to do this, but it is not, especially when a company is going to put their name and reputation on it. Some of you have the skills to do this on your own, but now the resources to take on such a big project. I admire you for that, but when trying to secure an aftermarket item, we need numbers.

And when numbers start to fall then the projects either hold up or just dont get finished. I know that you were all looking forward to Billet mounts, but its just not financially feasable for you guys to offered it.

When I gave price of $350 + on the Billet, AZ did the math and to do your project was going to cost you guys way to much for all the member to bare. It was not going to be a $350 part, it would have been at least $900 for your kits, at least.

Let me break it down to you like this, it costs $80 per/hour for manhours for custom work on anything(average, and AZ Race's fee) so if you add that to how many umpteen hours its going to take to design the mounts, and then take purchase the material, and then program the machines, and lets not forget test fitting. It will cost an unattainable amount for a group of 13 buyers unless everyone is willing to spend that much to get it completed.

I need to know if you guys are going to support me on this, or else I will have to just stop all the research and time I have been putting forth into this. I did not quit when AZ said they could not do it now. I have been looking for a reasonable manufacture, and I feel I may have found one. But now the choice is in your hands.

Let me know.

Seanum i didn't say anything negative i was just bringing up the point about how the dog bone is important,some people have complained it's in the way,it still needs to be there but not to say another mount couln't be built to simply move it and a better bushing,does need to be part of the package though.

mykwikcoupe
03-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Ill help out as much as i can. Ive got some extra mounts if you want I can try to meet up with you in the future. Do you have access to them personally. Ive been looking for a shop like them and wondering if they have the credentials Im looking for in a port job on a head and like the other said suspension products.
Im also trying to fab up some welded brackets but looking for raw poly bushings, will they sell just them? I can try and figure my B20a mounts for them since there not going to sell much of them on here

RobT5580
03-08-2008, 04:51 AM
I know where your coming from and when it comes to money and custom parts i know it all far to well. But i am just being up front rather than pad it to get your numbers. And i really appreciate all the time and effort you put into this as i know what it takes to do a project from start to finish as i have done one in the past.

I will get back to you as i want to look into this a little more when i have a free second.

1funryd
03-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Ill help out as much as i can. Ive got some extra mounts if you want I can try to meet up with you in the future. Do you have access to them personally. Ive been looking for a shop like them and wondering if they have the credentials Im looking for in a port job on a head and like the other said suspension products.
Im also trying to fab up some welded brackets but looking for raw poly bushings, will they sell just them? I can try and figure my B20a mounts for them since there not going to sell much of them on here

I can definitley use your help should this continue on. Yes the company is local to us WA members.

I spoke with John at www.explicitspeedperformance.com and they are located in Olympia WA. He is waiting for me to call him back with answers from the community.

I told him that we have about 12-13 members who need better mounts, and there products seem to fit inline with what the pp.com an 3geez.com crowd needs.

Please do not misunderstand what I am trying to say guys. There is a need, and I am trying to fill it. I just need to have the support with money behind me. I am not asking for $1000 per person but I will need all of you to agree on the project.

For those who need more time to think about it, I will wait until I get a full agreement from both 3geez and pp.com members on this project.

I am waiting.

Sean

thegreatdane
03-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Well I'm sorry to say that my interest depended upon the mounts being billet pieces since I can not make those myself. I admire your efforts though.

bobafett
03-10-2008, 07:34 AM
the guys at ESP are great, i have had lengthy conversations about them possibly building me a traction bar setup. :)

race12001
03-10-2008, 12:57 PM
ime like thegreatdane i need to know what kind of material we are talking about here and price ranges before i can say yay or nay

RobT5580
03-10-2008, 01:14 PM
The new group buy is "not" for billet they would be steel welded mounts. You can see their current line up on the website.

1funryd
03-13-2008, 02:14 PM
I wish I could do the mounts in Billet, but its just to expensive. Plus we need to come up with a committment to get Explicit Speed Performance to do the project for welded mounts.

I need the trust and committment to move forward on this project. That is how I was able to get the H22 mounts done on pp.com. :wave:

Here is the updated list and a picture of the quality of Explicit Speed Performance.

List Updated as of 3-13-2008 @ 3:24pm
1. rustlude87 - Prelude
2. JDM86lude - Prelude
3. kyryeguy - Prelude
4. EricW - 3Geez
5. LX-incredible - 3Geez
6. RobT5580 - 3Geez
7. Messyhonda - 3Geez
8. TOLOUDNPROUD - 3Geez
9. thegreatdane - 3Geez
10. twhonza - 3Geez
11. Chrislude1982

Dropped from the New Welded Mounts Buy:
10. Smeado
13. knifemind

Motor Mounts (For Reference Purpose only)
http://explicitspeedperformance.net/myPictures/IMG_1657.jpg