PDA

View Full Version : Door Jam?~?~?

lgoldtop
01-23-2008, 06:42 PM
ok so my drivers side door doesnt lock properly unless the outside handle is open. the only unlocks or locks the door when the door is closed but when it is open the door doesnt lock when i press the lock button...HELP!!!!

newtuner
01-23-2008, 07:16 PM
ok so my drivers side door doesnt lock properly unless the outside handle is open. the only unlocks or locks the door when the door is closed but when it is open the door doesnt lock when i press the lock button...HELP!!!!

thats a safety thing so u dont lock your keys in the car! just hold the handle up when locking to lock your drivers door!

jschatte
01-23-2008, 07:27 PM
yeah its on most hondas with manual locks. My friends 2001 civic has it too and i still hate it

RamThis
01-23-2008, 09:10 PM
yeah its on most hondas with manual locks. My friends 2001 civic has it too and i still hate it

You'll love it the first time you swing that door closed and realize just as it's about to close and latch that you left the keys in the ignition. Wish my Ram had that feature, I've had to break into it twice at work.

Big problem with me is, I was raised in the country. We left the cars and trucks and tractors with keys in them at all times and unlocked. So, for most of my youth and early adult life, Im used to just getting out of my truck as it sets. Now that I live in the city, I have a habit of leaving the keys in the ignition, THEN rememering to lock the door, and finally realizing as I walk away that the keys are not in my hand and I just locked the damn door. Thank goodness it only takes me about 30 seconds to unlock a Dodge Ram with no tools at all..... :wave:

Civic Accord Honda
01-23-2008, 11:20 PM
yeah i love that featrue since i allways leave my keys and forget lolol

MessyHonda
01-24-2008, 01:04 AM
yeah on my dx it does that too...but now i cant leave my doors locked because the alarm takes care of it.

lgoldtop
01-24-2008, 12:58 PM
cool guys thanks