PDA

View Full Version : Carb to EF-i questin

Civic Accord Honda
01-24-2008, 09:14 PM
ok i have a 87DX with a bad carb and blown head gasket and i have a 88lxi with a fucked trans and rusted out body..
i know i can convert the DX to efi useing the lxis parts but since im swaping the harness do i need to swap the heater controls power locks,power mirrors , power windows? i dont like the lxis heater controls and i dont need power windows or mirrors or locks since none of that stuff works right on the lxi anyway and i perfer manual stuff also i would perfer to keep the DENSO cluster that is in the DX if i put a bulb where the engine light gos will the carb cluster work ?

LX-incredible
01-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Trans swap!!!!!!!!!

Civic Accord Honda
01-24-2008, 10:01 PM
yea i was doing that then realized that it was useless since the lxi is soo fucking rusted and looks like hell the lxi has rust all over the underside and besides the trunk on the DX the dxs body is mint

AccordB20A
01-25-2008, 02:21 AM
the JDM clusters have a place for the check engine light on the gauge cluster

labeledsk8r
01-25-2008, 03:02 AM
i have never done FI swap... but im guessing you can by pass the electric options... and even the heater controles... why dont you want to put FI gauges in?? im no sure on the difrence... but if its not much im sure you can run a new check engine light to some place else...they sell led light pods that can install into a dash they use them for fan lights etc to show when on.. you could use one of those someplace in the car....

carotman
01-25-2008, 06:51 AM
Just get the NS cluster. It's not that much different anyway.

Just remember that you need to swap the fuel tanks, intake AND exhaust manifolds.. not that fun.

Civic Accord Honda
01-25-2008, 07:37 PM
yea thing with the ns is it is tinted green behind it and the denso is clear behind it with green bulbs and i want my cluster amber soo im going to make a custom plate for the check engine light and some switchs and volt meter and whatknot lol

russiankid
01-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Don't forget you will need the dizzy and alternator.

Civic Accord Honda
01-26-2008, 05:34 AM
yep i got a good efi dizzy and a 2year old efi alt :)

labeledsk8r
01-26-2008, 11:05 AM
your going to need some cash for this aswell cah... your going to need atleast odd and end things so try to sell w/e other parts you can