PDA

View Full Version : What's a good paint for the interior?

alanizgod
01-25-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm doing a red/black theme on the inside of my car and I've pretty much finished the red...now I need to get all those other parts that have to be painted from the inside. All the pieces that I've painted red are ones that I've been able to unscrew and take out to clean, spray, and set out to dry. Now I'm focused on parts like the dashboard/arm rests/ yatta yatta....so does anyone know of a good paint to be brushed on opposed to being sprayed on?

labeledsk8r
01-25-2008, 08:39 PM
um.... nothing is going to look good if your leaveing it in the car to be painted..... ALL the interior parts come out...

Civic Accord Honda
01-25-2008, 08:40 PM
u can remove them lol

alanizgod
01-25-2008, 09:03 PM
That's all good and true but honestly I'm much too lazy to take everything out and paint it. I guess in other words I was willing to take out the convenient parts and spray them...I don't really want to take the time to get the more pain in the ass parts out so I'm trying to do it the lazy bum way by just doing it from the inside.

labeledsk8r
01-25-2008, 09:09 PM
then your going to get the lazy bum rice crap look when your done... if you do it like that its going to look like asshole.... theres no good way to do it by brush while in the car.. or spray... i say do it right or dont do it at all...

LX-incredible
01-25-2008, 09:12 PM
then your going to get the lazy bum rice crap look when your done... if you do it like that its going to look like asshole.... theres no good way to do it by brush while in the car.. or spray... i say do it right or dont do it at all... :thumbup:

alanizgod
01-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Well then lets manipulate the situation and say I have all the time in the world to do this properly...what would be the proper paint to use?

Civic Accord Honda
01-25-2008, 09:21 PM
i used vinyl interior paint on my old geo metro think its made by dupicolor

now dont go useing cheap 97cent walmart paint if its under $5 its most likey not good and going to fade like crazy and chip off

labeledsk8r
01-25-2008, 09:24 PM
yes the duplicolor works well.. still doesnt hold up to well on high toch areas like hand brake...

alanizgod
01-25-2008, 09:26 PM
So far I've been using Krylon paint fusion from Kragen and it seems to work well...I figure if there's anything better I'm willing to try it.

alanizgod
01-25-2008, 09:28 PM
yes the duplicolor works well.. still doesnt hold up to well on high toch areas like hand brake...

Yeah I've noticed I had a problem with areas like that...the paint rubs off and I can't get it to stay on =/

MessyHonda
01-26-2008, 06:26 PM
if you are going to do the interior you will need SEM paint...for interior....it was like 11 bucks a can but its the best stuff used...i have no chips or flakes on my door panels.

Whiter
01-30-2008, 08:30 PM
but if you were that cheapo that went with the walmart crap paint u could allways use electrical tape around the e brake

Civic Accord Honda
01-30-2008, 09:03 PM
but if you were that cheapo that went with the walmart crap paint u could allways use electrical tape around the e brake
ahahahahah i did the elec tape thing on my metro lol i used dupli color paint though