PDA

View Full Version : headlights possesed!!

newtuner
01-28-2008, 05:12 PM
ok my 88 lx-i's headlights must be possesed because i turned them on (i have to keep them in the up position because im missing the clip that holds the headlight bar to the motor) and they worked fine.. didnt move or even put my car in gear then they started fliping up and down and my red headlight light came on???!? ive looked over the 500 posts that the search brings up to no avail... if anyone has any imput it would be greatly appreciated...

Demon1024
01-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Your bright light indicator? its red?
Go get a can of "Little Bastard" gremlin spray. pop the pin throw it under your hood and keep it closed for 2 hours.

Sounds like one crazy short. I'd start by checking the switch itself.
Does it do it everytime you start it.when it's not running?

lostforawhile
01-28-2008, 07:13 PM
it's not possessed,check your switch, and check your headlight control module,it's the module under the dash i believe six wire and it says stanley retractable control and is gray. this controls the position of the headlights relative to the manual switch and the status of whether they are on or not.,if they keep flipping up and down, pull the motor fuses in the underhood fuse box. also if that bar is missing, the headlights may be trying to go in park,and they can't,because the motor is constantly going around. my bet is on the control get one at a junkyard or someone on here will probably sell you one. the red indicator is telling you that there is a system problem. it's probably saying that light with the broken bar hasn't moved. because the position of the motor doesn't match the other light.

newtuner
01-28-2008, 07:15 PM
not the high beam symbol theres a red headlight symbol on the little diagram of the car on my dash.. it happened running and not and if the headlights on or not.. im thinkin its the switch but i just wanted to see if ne1 else has had this prob..

lostforawhile
01-28-2008, 07:19 PM
not the high beam symbol theres a red headlight symbol on the little diagram of the car on my dash.. it happened running and not and if the headlights on or not.. im thinkin its the switch but i just wanted to see if ne1 else has had this prob..i know that,the red indicator is a system indicator it says the system has a problem
read my post again

newtuner
01-28-2008, 07:40 PM
i know that,the red indicator is a system indicator it says the system has a problem
read my post again

sorry wasnt talkin 2 u! didnt see ur post thx man!

Demon1024
01-28-2008, 08:05 PM
No that was me. sorry forgot about that headlamp light... I thought that was weird:Owned:

dmitch31
02-04-2008, 10:26 AM
My car did that when I was having battery / alternator problems. The lights can do that when the voltage gets too low