PDA

View Full Version : ATF chang interavals... not accord

Vanilla Sky
09-18-2002, 07:22 PM
how often shout the ATF in my mom's 2000 mazda 626 w/ a 4cyl be changed? it's not in the owner's manual, so i'd figure i'd ask here... i figure every 40,000 miles... she's rollin up on that fast... and i can't get it through her head that weshould replace her air filter... it's not that bad off, but it's 10,000 miles overdue (referring to manual) for it... and her spark plugs, too... i've noticed a small decrease in power, so i figure the air filter and plugs will fix that... so get back about the ATF interavals...

Derick

Jareds 89 LX-i
09-18-2002, 08:19 PM
Personally (if I had an auto), I'd have it flushed every 20-25k miles. Overkill, maybe, but I like to play it on the safe side, especially when it comes to expensive stuff like trannies. And that way you never really have "dirty" tranny fluid.

Vanilla Sky
09-19-2002, 01:47 AM
well, nobody ever takes it hard on this car... so 20-25k is waaayy overkill... the only person to be hard on that car is me (when i can), and i just recently obtained my learners (March)... and i should have asked this in the first post, but what brand of plugs should i use? they'll come from a parts store, and i can't spend too much on them

thanks
Derick