PDA

View Full Version : Shifter measurements

Sabz5150
01-30-2008, 05:43 AM
I'm looking into making my own adjustable throw shifter, and I need a few measurements. Mainly I need the diameter of the pivot ball, the overall length and diameter of the shifter, the diameter of the bar at the bottom along with it's hole diameter, and the position of the pivot ball on the shifter. Pics would also be greatly appreciated :D

Hash_man_Se_i
01-30-2008, 09:44 AM
As soon as I get mine from forrest I can provide you with all of that sabz

jigga89SEi
01-30-2008, 10:38 AM
I know this isn't what your asking.. But I made mine, although it's not adjustable..
cut the ball off, welded a peice in the was .950 to an inch longer, then hacked of the top.. Huge difference!!
I got a pic of it on my phone.. but I can't find it right now...

87roach
01-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Is there a simpler way where you could just use a different model short throw and modify it a little bit? I know some people have said they have such and such and just shaved this but I don't think I have seen anything documented yet. (would be nice I would like one too)

MessyHonda
01-30-2008, 12:55 PM
i had a custom one done...its not adjustable but it beats the hell out of the stock one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2126Small.jpg

labeledsk8r
01-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Is there a simpler way where you could just use a different model short throw and modify it a little bit? I know some people have said they have such and such and just shaved this but I don't think I have seen anything documented yet. (would be nice I would like one too)

i have been looking into this.. the older civic worked but seems to be discontinued just like the pacesetter... the only shifter that comes close to the accords is the 1st gen integra... but i cant find a stock shifter in the junk yard to compair... i have been pushing really hard to find a short throw,,, would really love aftermarket... but a fabbed one will do aswell i guess

jigga89SEi
01-31-2008, 01:36 PM
i had a custom one done...its not adjustable but it beats the hell out of the stock one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/car/DSCF2126Small.jpg

Thats almost exactly what i did.. cept i cut the top of a little too...

shangchao2
04-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Hey Sabz You still need the shifter measurements I should be done building my shifter this week and I can either get the dimensions for you or just send you my stocker. Let me know.