PDA

View Full Version : Don't use "newbie" as an argument

Grant2k
09-18-2002, 07:52 PM
Lately I have been seeing a lot of people using "newbie" as an insult. So what. I am basically a newbie, and even though I've gotten all the way to DX, i would never use newbie to insult somebody, even if i was an SE-i user. It's almost like racial slur. I'm not a sensitive person, but it's been bothering me. Plus, there are too many arguments going on on this board. I admit that i have traded some harsh words, but i going to stop that now. Let's calm down and talk about what we are all interested in, 86-89 Honda Accords, the best cars ever built. Later.

sanjay
09-18-2002, 11:02 PM
Deal.

Mike89Accordcom
09-18-2002, 11:38 PM
I've noticed it's like the term "new fish", or "freshman", you know that's how I see newbie being treated. Some are wacky. But remember, we were all newbies once!!!

Jdub07
09-19-2002, 07:59 AM
Even if you have 800 posts it doesn't mean your any less of a noob either. I see people on here that have a shit load of posts but aren't any furthur along the intelligent line then when they posted for the first time.

Jims 86LXI HB
09-19-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Jdub07
Even if you have 800 posts it doesn't mean your any less of a noob either. I see people on here that have a shit load of posts but aren't any furthur along the intelligent line then when they posted for the first time.

Ya know I've never used the term and I never look at a members post count in terms of posting a reply to a comment or question, I just don't care about post counts. But I will say that most of the post's that have drawn fire, do tend to be from so called newbies.

Neuspeed87lx
09-19-2002, 10:19 AM
quite you dx user ! just kiddin .....i agree with you

87accordlxi
09-19-2002, 12:50 PM
wwaaaaaaaaaaaa :crying:

89AccordNate
09-19-2002, 03:36 PM
I have 2000 posts, and Im still an idiot.

So, I made no progess, I shall be example #1.

Mike, please add your comments here... :D

Nate.

Grant2k
09-19-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 87accordlxi
wwaaaaaaaaaaaa :crying:

that's just unecessary.

Neuspeed87lx
09-19-2002, 05:48 PM
haha lol

87accordlxi
09-19-2002, 06:12 PM
:lol

hey, its been my experience that the most ignorant or controversial posts come from newbies. or, the people who think they know the most are newbies. go ahead and scold everyone, good luck with that

A20A1
09-19-2002, 08:40 PM
Yeah be nice :chainsaw:

Mike89Accordcom
09-19-2002, 08:59 PM
I loved being a newbe when I was one, gave me an excuse to mouth off, haha.

Grant2k
09-20-2002, 08:41 AM

hey, like jim said, the most ignorant or controversial posts come from newbies. or, the people who think they know the most are newbies. go ahead and scold everyone, good luck with that

is that directed to me?

89lxi95zx7
09-20-2002, 08:59 AM
call me what you want, if you want to judge me for not visiting this site sooner. now does that make sense?

Jims 86LXI HB
09-20-2002, 09:20 AM

hey, like jim said, the most ignorant or controversial posts come from newbies. or, the people who think they know the most are newbies. go ahead and scold everyone, good luck with that

JOE!:sadwave: your miss quoting me. I never used the words ignorant or controversial, I wouldn't say that about a member. This is what I said.

Ya know I've never used the term and I never look at a members post count in terms of posting a reply to a comment or question, I just don't care about post counts. But I will say that most of the post's that have drawn fire, do tend to be from so called newbies.

87accordlxi
09-20-2002, 01:40 PM
yeah jim, i know. i realized that after i wrote it, so i apologize. there are new members on this board who are very respectful and knowledgeable, and there are ones who cause problems.

most of the problems are new members coming on here without the respect for others that the more established members have. i can say for a fact that the guys who have been here for a while know each other well enough and have respect for each other.

i do agree with you jim, and i agree with Grant when he says that "newbie" shouldnt be used as an insult. but the fact of the matter remains that until someone learns the way this board works and how the members interact with each other (basically learn the board's personality), then they are a "newbie" (and i dont mean that in a derogatory sense). but as on any large board, there will be some impatience with interacting with new members

kennycm
09-22-2002, 07:47 PM
i don't care what i'm called, it's a mental thing. I'm just glad that i can help someone out who may not know what to do in a situation with their car, or someone can help me.

dosh8er
09-27-2002, 03:37 PM
now wait a minute.. I'm sorry I don't have a high post count, but I'm TOO GOD DAMN BUSY to sit on the board and answer/ask Q's all day... I'M WORKIN' ON MY CAR, not here!

Plus... hey man, I don't have THAT many auto problems with my car. (A good thing... viciously knocking on wood)