PDA

View Full Version : fuel injectors

yaboygotit
01-31-2008, 09:37 PM
hey guys learning how to navigate site again but does any body know how to check injectors to see if there good also does anybody know what other cars injectors will work

DBMaster
02-01-2008, 09:51 AM
To check if an injector is working you can use a long screwdriver. Put the business end of the screwdriver on the metal part of the injector while the engine is running. Put your ear on the scredriver handle. You can hear the "click-click" sound of the injector opening and closing of it is functional.

yaboygotit
02-18-2008, 08:02 PM
When Your Looking At Them Out Of The Car How Would You Spot A Good One From The Bad One

coope
02-18-2008, 09:03 PM
u really cant

Oldblueaccord
02-18-2008, 10:44 PM
http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=INJ-9246

this is something I saw the other day. Dunno if its good or not.

wp

AccordB20A
02-19-2008, 12:19 AM
is your car missing or not? if so pull off sparkplug leads till u find it

MessyHonda
02-19-2008, 01:44 AM
you take em out...and point them towards your eyes and start up the car...if you get blinded they work if you dont...they dont work

cubert
02-19-2008, 07:09 AM
you take em out...and point them towards your eyes and start up the car...if you get blinded they work if you dont...they dont work

or you could freight train a curb, bend the shit outta your car and smash the rims....oh..wait.. :hsugh:

MessyHonda
02-19-2008, 09:37 AM
or you could freight train a curb, bend the shit outta your car and smash the rims....oh..wait.. :hsugh:

this only gave me the oportunity to upgrade...i got a brand spanking new axle, new SS break lines, new moog ball joints, new inter and outer tie rod, replacing the bushings with the poly ones, while its down...i might also start taking out the ac stuff to save like the 50 pounds i been luging around. i have 2 sets of fat fives...but im still talking to this guy cuz he has some nice 16 inch rims for sale...for when i upgrade my front and rear brakes.

BITESIZE
02-19-2008, 09:47 AM

:Owned:

monkeyhead
02-19-2008, 04:15 PM
If you have a connector that is cut from the harness you could just touch the two wires to your battery and listen if it clicks. you could also blow through it while doing this to see if it's opening.

Dr_Snooz
02-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Honda manual says to disconnect the electrical connector from each one individually while the car is running. The idle drop should be roughly equal for each one. It also says to check idle speed, timing and CO% (:huh:) beforehand. With the car off, you can check resistance between the electrical connector leads with an ohmmeter. They should be between 1.5 & 2.5 ohms. If not, replace.

Truthfully though, when mine went bad, there was noooo question. They were peeing fuel all over and stank up the whole car. What are your symptoms?

yaboygotit
03-19-2008, 07:17 PM
the car is missing really bad i think it might be the timing to but it puts out a whole lot of smoke that really seems like a raw gas miss and it back fires what you guys think

Dr_Snooz
03-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Sounds like my first carburetor rebuild. Crappy idle and lots of white smoke. I never did figure it out. I had to buy a new carburetor. :(

When did this start and how?

yaboygotit
04-05-2008, 09:28 PM
I Got Efi So What About In This Case

gfrg88
04-05-2008, 09:51 PM
timing?? o2 sensors?? check those..

Dr_Snooz
04-07-2008, 08:24 PM
I Got Efi So What About In This Case

I know. That was my way of saying I haven't a clue. LOL

:dunno:

2oodoor
04-08-2008, 04:37 AM
how about a little more history, last I heard you blew the headgasket to smitherines... got that fixed yet?
If you have, then maybe some wiring issues from removing things to do that job, or timing belt off a tooth or three.
You should be able to hear the injectors ticking if they are getting signal.

yaboygotit
04-28-2008, 12:24 AM
Well We Found Out It's Was Not The Head Gasket But I'll Be Postin More Soon Hy Brothers A Honda Tech And He Comes In Town On The 9 Of Next Month