PDA

View Full Version : yellow H4 bulbs?

lostforawhile
02-03-2008, 10:48 PM
hey are the yellow bulbs legal? this guy says his are DOt compliant and it has the stuff to show it, i always liked those lights they remind me of lemans cars. heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EURODEZIGNS-YELLOW-893-880-H7-H1-XENON-HEADLIGHTS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQihZ01 5QQitemZ250212338629QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

mkymonkey
02-03-2008, 10:53 PM
no...at least not in california. you may get away with it for a while...but theres always an asshole cop ready to pull you over

lostforawhile
02-03-2008, 10:54 PM
no...at least not in california. you may get away with it for a while...but theres always an asshole cop ready to pull you overthats what i'm trying to figure out he says they are 50 state dot legal . i read through it and it says they have the yellow gas not the painted on crap. i've seen a couple of new cars have these to.

Civic Accord Honda
02-03-2008, 10:58 PM
they probley legal in GA but nothing is in cali lol

lostforawhile
02-03-2008, 11:08 PM
they probley legal in GA but nothing is in cali lolwell if the federal department of transportation says they are 50 state legal the feds trump local. thats the final word on stuff like that. they aren't that expensive i ought to order a set and call the dot with the certification number. if it checks out no one can say shit. the nice thing about yellow light is it doesn't scatter off of everything so what you are looking at is sharper and it doesn't scatter as bad in bad weather. thats why they are so popular in europe.i know the cheap ones decrease your vision at night, but if they have that number that means they have tested to provide the required light output.

MessyHonda
02-03-2008, 11:18 PM
even with regular h4 light...some dumb ass...high beemed me thinking i had high beems on....i just laughed...and drove slower...haha

2ndGenGuy
02-03-2008, 11:26 PM
The feds trump local? I'm pretty sure that states can set whatever laws they want. Remember the 55mph speed limits? The feds couldn't force the states, only threaten them with pulling Interstate highway funding.

Also, the cops CAN say shit if they don't like it, and will say shit if they want to. They can lie in court, they can falsify reports... I just went to court for a speeding ticket and was blown away when the judge read me completely false report that the officer filled out...

I've seen people IN court with the "Cool Blue" Sylvania headlights which actually are DOT approved lighting, they're hardly blue, and emit a white light. The officer wrote "blue headlights" in the ticket, and the judge didn't give a shit when they brought in their lights with the original packaging that said "50 state legal" on them. They don't care, it's all about their mood.

Civic Accord Honda
02-03-2008, 11:30 PM
The feds trump local? I'm pretty sure that states can set whatever laws they want. Remember the 55mph speed limits? The feds couldn't force the states, only threaten them with pulling Interstate highway funding.

Also, the cops CAN say shit if they don't like it, and will say shit if they want to. They can lie in court, they can falsify reports... I just went to court for a speeding ticket and was blown away when the judge read me completely false report that the officer filled out...

I've seen people IN court with the "Cool Blue" Sylvania headlights which actually are DOT approved lighting, they're hardly blue, and emit a white light. The officer wrote "blue headlights" in the ticket, and the judge didn't give a shit when they brought in their lights with the original packaging that said "50 state legal" on them. They don't care, it's all about their mood.
he speaks the truth

2oodoor
02-04-2008, 04:26 AM
I will look it up for ga, fla and sc.

Cleatus "pig" Coaltrian may not know what yeller lights be legal.

Quote from the GLEH (Georgia) 2008 edition
40-8-34 Color of Lighting Equipment
The color of all lighting equipment covered in this title shall be in accordance with Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Standard J578 April 1965 as thereafter revised or amended .

Other Ga laws pertaining: 40-8-20,21,22,29,30,31 none of which prohibits colors on headlights or any other color as long as it is adjustable beam, meets SAE standards and can be dimmed if dual filiment. Lots of other interesting stuff in the above mentioned codes. Too much to list, they are available online search the 40-8-%% ga law code.

Florida, looks like no http://law.onecle.com/florida/motor-vehicles/316.220.html This law clearly states "white light"

russiankid
02-04-2008, 09:14 AM
even with regular h4 light...some dumb ass...high beemed me thinking i had high beems on....i just laughed...and drove slower...haha

Are your lights adjusted correctly?:huh:

Lost, i doubt they are legal. Europe has different standards, and possibly on new cars there are exceptions for them. I know new cars have yellow DTR lights but not driving lights.

MessyHonda
02-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Are your lights adjusted correctly?:huh:

Lost, i doubt they are legal. Europe has different standards, and possibly on new cars there are exceptions for them. I know new cars have yellow DTR lights but not driving lights.

i sure hope they are adjusted right...when i put them on...i inflated both my tires to the same pressure then parked it in the garage port...and i lowered the passenger side light since it was a bit too high compared to my drivers side. i might lower them a bit more when i have time

lostforawhile
02-04-2008, 12:48 PM
i sure hope they are adjusted right...when i put them on...i inflated both my tires to the same pressure then parked it in the garage port...and i lowered the passenger side light since it was a bit too high compared to my drivers side. i might lower them a bit more when i have time
these are US dot approved standards for US highways. nor a euro standard i mean they are approved here in the US for US roads.

mushroom_toy
02-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Be careful in Ga now man. Ga state patrol gave me a warning ticket for my tag cover and fucking windshield crack yesterday. Those bastards are just looking for things to pull people over for now, so I would be careful if you get the bulbs.

knarg
02-04-2008, 07:41 PM

yeah it is bullshit,
i fought a really dumb ticket in court and lost

and i was pretty sure i was going to win too

lostforawhile
02-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Be careful in Ga now man. Ga state patrol gave me a warning ticket for my tag cover and fucking windshield crack yesterday. Those bastards are just looking for things to pull people over for now, so I would be careful if you get the bulbs.
yea there are people on the ozium forum who have run them for years and not had a problem, the same ones i'm looking at

Vanilla Sky
02-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Keep a full copy of the GA motor vehicle handbook in your glovebox. You can get this from any cooperative police department.

Cheeseburger
02-05-2008, 08:24 PM
what housings are you going to use?

race12001
02-06-2008, 03:35 PM
how bright are they cause i always wanted a set but i dont wnat them to be dim

lostforawhile
02-06-2008, 04:27 PM
what housings are you going to use?the hella H4 housings,and of course i'll run relays.

russiankid
02-06-2008, 09:08 PM
the hella H4 housings,and of course i'll run relays.

Won't regret those:wave: