PDA

View Full Version : so im starting my wire tucking...

newaccorddriver
02-04-2008, 01:46 AM
like most of us here, i like the look of a cleaner engine bay, so ive decided that im going to tuck every last wire possible. for starters, ive already disconnected the entire harness, and since im going to be needing only certain parts of it, a majority of it will be discarded. as far as tucking in the drivers side, it seems fairly straight forward since im going to be ditching that entire side as i dont need any stock ECU control as im going megasquirt. the only problem i ran into when attempting to tuck that side was that my door couldnt swing far enough to actually get at that bolt, so that fender stays on for now, unlike the passenger side that came out after scratching my new paint a little:Owned:.

anyways, ive already gotten rid of the infamous black box of lines, and im going to just leave the plugs inside the fender or something for the time being. as far as the engine harness goes, HONDA IS GAY. its been a while since i last touched it, but i forgot that the harness stretches from one side of the bay, to the other freaken side and into the fuse box. anyways, ive already got it off the car, so now the fun begins of disecting the harness and shortening it to whatever length i need.

anyways, asides from the alternator plugs, and the coolant temperature gauge plug, tach plug, oil pressure plug, and the starter ground, is there really any other wire that i may be needing?

as far as my memory serves me, im ridding myself of the IAT, engine temp sensor, O2 sensors, IACV, injectors, TPS and probably a few other ones im forgetting about. as you can see, im getting rid of quite a few plugs, so ill be clearing out alot of room.

now, does anyone know how to get rid of the fuse box? thats the one that im having troubles with right now since that is the only real suitable location for it

2oodoor
02-04-2008, 04:18 AM
moving the fuse box is not necessarily wire tucking is it? It has a cover and you can use loom to the wires coming out of it, you can make lexan or sheet metal sheaths for long stretches ,, hell even paint them the color of the inner fenders for stealthness.:thumbup:

newaccorddriver
02-04-2008, 10:57 AM
moving the fuse box aids with the cleanliness look of the engine bay, and thats what i was aiming for

thegreatdane
02-04-2008, 11:14 AM
where did the rest of the harness go to after you relocated the box?

Well, there's still some some wires going out front to the: radiator, headlight, headlight motor, horn, turnsignals/parking light, sub engine wireharness, turn signal, battery/charge positive, map sensor.

So you seperate the harness and a few wires going to the front will have to be made longer. Around 5-8 wires I think.

A20A1
02-04-2008, 01:16 PM
it would free up a lot of spce with that box gone :D

3gmodifier
02-04-2008, 01:34 PM
my fuse box is down ware the factory air/leave collector thing would go. as it was aleady said, some wires need to be seperated and modified a bit. i am all done with my tuck and yes it is worth it to get rid of EVERYTHING

AccordB20A
02-04-2008, 01:49 PM
yah ive seen a18as wire tuck and it looks very clean in there. but also looks empty. i still havent decided what im going to do. with my engine bay its not the wires that are messy its the heater and radiator pipeing.

A18A
02-04-2008, 03:59 PM
and a/c & p/s hoses/pumps get in teh way of the cleanness also

AccordB20A
02-04-2008, 06:50 PM
sucks how its all required

coope
02-04-2008, 10:31 PM
i just finished up my wire tuck looks dame sexy to and preety easy just need soldering skills