PDA

View Full Version : Custom plates?

2ndGenGuy
02-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Been thinking about putting custom plates on my 1g hatch since I need to get it registered (cops don't like you having 2005 tags on your car I guess, who knew?). I was thinking I might get one of the following...

1GFTMFW
1GEEFTW
NO VTEC
81HONDA

I like the FTW ones, but I don't want to have to explain it to everybody. I think the "NO VTEC" plate would just make some people laugh. 81HONDA is kinda boring IMO. Or should I just stick with regular plates? Or does anybody have any other cool suggestions?

forrest89sei
02-09-2008, 01:42 PM
You should have a poll

I think No Vtec is the easiest to understand and what I would go with

cubert
02-09-2008, 01:57 PM
i think you should leave it regular....vanity plates tend to draw attention...

including attention from the guys with lightbars on their roofs :lol:

Civic Accord Honda
02-09-2008, 02:22 PM
No Vtec

Hauntd ca3
02-09-2008, 03:02 PM
what do you call your car?
mine is h4untd cause every time i tried to trade it on a new honda i kept takin them back
for the 3g
came to the conclusion that it didnt want another owner so it must be haunted

HondaBoy
02-09-2008, 04:36 PM
yeah i wanted to get some custom plates on my cars. but like cubert said, they draw attention. personally, i dont need any more attention than i probably get. so i've decided no go on them. but maybe later on. i wanted to get them for my 3gee and my datsun 280Z. not like there are any other ones here in town quite like either of them. so i might get custom plates for them. i dont know about washington, but here only 6 charaters are allowed. how many can y'all use?

2oodoor
02-09-2008, 05:08 PM
In Ga they have a lot of custom formated tags like nascar drivers, all kinds of wierd crap.
I was watching a show on the History channel I think, they were auctioning off custom tags in the United Arab Emerates.. Just the number sequences were considered very prestigeous...like 1111 or 696969, 5, 1010... crazy number that have some meaning to the potential owners.. these tags were going for millions, to a billion dollars..of course they were to go on Maybachs, Bentleys. and such too.
I just like regular number letter tags that may have cool sequences, one of mine is RXX ___, another is AQK 7_7_ full house. I had one that was AQI ___ I turned it in as soon as I could, a queer eyee:thumbdn:

race12001
02-09-2008, 05:27 PM
1GFTMFW thats great i love it

Civic Accord Honda
02-09-2008, 05:41 PM
i need to get new plates for my car but ima just get basic new plates for now lol my front plate is soo bashed up from uhh my shity driving its not even funny XD

AccordB20A
02-09-2008, 06:25 PM
sooo john our conversation about plates erupted into a thread? 1GFTMFW was my idea:D:D:D:D

personaly i like 1GEEFTW

coope
02-09-2008, 09:23 PM
i kno its ur but im goin with either sohc or Wutvtec?

2ndGenGuy
02-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Hahaha WUTVTEC is pretty good too! I do think that Cubert is right with the unwanted attention. My driving style tends to annoy people, and I prefer not to be remembered at times.

Yeah, props to go Wohdog for the 3GFTMFW. Thats why I had to post. :D Still undecided, but now leaning towards regular plates. Who knows, maybe some custom plates will chill me out.

Hey roodoo, you should check this out, Wohdog sent me the link to the plates in NZ. Theres people asking outrageous prices for some plates. Like 3000 plates for sale!

http://www.plates.co.nz/resale/