PDA

View Full Version : voltage regulator

newaccorddriver
02-09-2008, 02:26 PM
well, i was looking over the wiring harness today, and i was looking over at the alternator plug. i found out where those wires lead to, but have no idea what they are for. does anyone know what the voltage regulator wires are for? i was considering eliminating that entire plug, but then looked into it and decided not to until i knew what it was used for.

so does anyone know what the wires for the voltage regulator are for? one of them is for the ECU which i wont be needing since im running MS, but what are the other 3 for?

Hauntd ca3
02-09-2008, 02:54 PM
if there is one from the ecu, it will most likely be the feild supply which makes the alt work
as far as i know the feild current is controled by the ecu so is a neccessary evil no mater what ecu you run
i'd be leavindg it alone myself unless i had a full wiring diagram to fig out what can be dumped

newaccorddriver
02-09-2008, 05:54 PM
if there is one from the ecu, it will most likely be the feild supply which makes the alt work
as far as i know the feild current is controled by the ecu so is a neccessary evil no mater what ecu you run
i'd be leavindg it alone myself unless i had a full wiring diagram to fig out what can be dumped

the only difference between the EFI alternator and the carbed alternator is just the 'ecu' wire, so the carbed one doesnt have an ECU controlling it in any way as far as i know