PDA

View Full Version : Header

crucial
02-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Are the pacesetter headers any better then the stock header? I'm looking for a header that i can get now that ill be pulling the motor out this weekend i would like to put the header in.

labeledsk8r
02-11-2008, 06:11 PM
yes much better then stock, and cuts alot of weight out of the car aswell.... one thing though i recomend getting the ceramic coated as the black paint ones burn up really fast and can begin to rust

Pico
02-11-2008, 07:22 PM
frantik's selling a pacesetter ceramic coated one
http://www.3geez.com/forum/sr_classifieds.php?do=ad&id=11

LX-incredible
02-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Way better than stock, but you will probably want to bust out with the dremel and clean up their protruding pipes and other shitty work. I also welded a flex pipe in place of their ball joint. Mine was angled too far away from the engine. I wound up notching the front crossmember and bending the hanging bracket to make it bolt up. Have a die grinder handy. I would recommend getting the bolts at the 4-2 started before torquing the flange up to the head... A manual transmission fill plug works perfectly to plug the A/S bung. Really it's not as bad as it sounds and is totally worth the trouble.

Are you going to try and mount your carb project or possibly go FI? It would be nice if you could run one of your plates at some point. I have an extra manifold, engine harness, and could easily make another OBD1 conversion harness.

MessyHonda
02-12-2008, 12:50 AM
yup...better than stock....i had to clean out the ports on mine..and i also welded a flex pipe to it and an extra o2 bung so i can get some air to fuel numbers....they also cut weight and they look better too.

crucial
02-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Way better than stock, but you will probably want to bust out with the dremel and clean up their protruding pipes and other shitty work. I also welded a flex pipe in place of their ball joint. Mine was angled too far away from the engine. I wound up notching the front crossmember and bending the hanging bracket to make it bolt up. Have a die grinder handy. I would recommend getting the bolts at the 4-2 started before torquing the flange up to the head... A manual transmission fill plug works perfectly to plug the A/S bung. Really it's not as bad as it sounds and is totally worth the trouble.

Are you going to try and mount your carb project or possibly go FI? It would be nice if you could run one of your plates at some point. I have an extra manifold, engine harness, and could easily make another OBD1 conversion harness.

I wanna change it to efi and manual trany now, but can find any info on the efi swap.

BITESIZE
02-12-2008, 05:39 PM
You'll notice a huge differance!! Get Frantiks cermic coated. He's a good guy to buy from!

coope
02-12-2008, 07:23 PM
i bought mine from snoopy there good to me esp on top end i think ima heat wrap them

crucial
02-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Was looking through the info on doing a A20A1 to A20A3 and i don't thing ill be doing that at all LOL. The suggestion on getting another car to take the parts from is kinda funny cause if u got a lxi already why would u swap it into a lx. I mean if your pulling the motor it probably works right so why not use that car. Will be putting in a manual trany though.

Sent PM to frantik about header, conflicting info on the post.

Vanilla Sky
02-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Crashed LXi, good LXi.

MessyHonda
02-13-2008, 12:28 AM
yeah you are right...i was able to find a cheap lx-i with a 5 speed...way better than auto carb....but i got to say that my dx is realiable..just not fun to drive.

crucial
02-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Sweet looks like i might be getting Frantiks. I'm also looking into getting a weber 38. On the weber do u just use the kit for the 32/62? Anyone have the part number for the kit or know somewhere to get it from if this is the case.

crucial
02-14-2008, 09:59 PM
K i'm getting Frantiks header next Friday! :cheers:

87roach
02-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Good stuff man!

Pico
02-14-2008, 10:30 PM
K i'm getting Frantiks header next Friday! :cheers:

Sweet :cheers:

crucial
02-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Just curious, but what other performance bolt ons are there available for a carbed accord, other than a new carb? Putting pacesetter header, exhaust and weber 38 on.

Vanilla Sky
02-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Cam, cam gear, cool air intake.