PDA

View Full Version : 85 Prelude 1.8 carb rebuild

ramrugby09
02-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Ok I might be crazy but I am attempting to rebuild my dual carb setup on my 85 prelude 1.8 w/ auto tranny. Once I have finished with the carbs is there a way to remove all of the emmissions equipment? I live in Virginia and we don't have any kind of smog regulations. I would like to remove as many vaccum lines as possible. Let me know what you guys think.

labeledsk8r
02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
just throw a A20A1 head on it and go weber... its going to cost the same and run alot better..... whys this in 2nd gen?

2ndGenGuy
02-12-2008, 12:55 PM
It's a 2g Prelude. :)

I hear those stock dual carbs are a bit of a mess. Not to send you away or anything, but you might wanna hit up PreludePower.com. I think there will be quite a few more people there with the stock dual carb setup who can share their experiences.

I imagine that de-vacuuming can be a bit hairy on a dual carb setup. Especially worse if you've got the dual-carb CVCC setup.

offthahook
02-12-2008, 06:29 PM
The Prelude factory carb. situation is a mess. Just like the Accord, only there are 2 carbs... Props for attempting to rebuild them AND get rid of all the vacuum/emissions crap. Rebuilding these carbs. is tricky and there isn't a whole lot of room for error. Good luck.

Ichiban
02-12-2008, 07:37 PM
I think that a rebuild and de-vac should be straightforward enough. Get a good quality rebuild kit with decent instructions, clean everything well, and work in a clean, organized place. Once you have everything apart, you should be able to tell by the function of each line what goes and what needs to stay. I recommend keeping the EVAP canister functioning as it keeps your car from reeking of gas on hot days. I actually have 2 sets of these carbs back home, but that's 9 hours away.

Good luck.

ramrugby09
02-13-2008, 02:58 AM
Yeah I have rebuilt quite a few carbs so I am not that worried about the actual rebuild more so about the vaccuum lines. I guess nobody has done it here?

xvok
03-11-2008, 01:58 PM
not with havving it run whell i went for the weber its prety sweet ive got three vac lines now good stuff that

Civic Accord Honda
03-11-2008, 03:21 PM
post some pics of the lude please :D