PDA

View Full Version : B series Engine Mounts Impossible to find?

Soopitup
02-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Hello, new to this site, my buddy has had an 89 Accord LX sitting in the driveway of his house since he bought it about 3 years ago, he said i can have it. Its a black 2 door coupe, 5 speed. Its in just about mint condition and already has a shortshift kit. Was just wondering why it is so impossible to find these mounts considering the mass amount of people wanting them... anywhere at all to look these days??? and if not.. how can i get some power out of this carbed A20A1?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Nathan

Calgary, AB
Canada

1989 Honda Accord LX
2 Door, 5 Speed

labeledsk8r
02-14-2008, 12:14 AM
search search search.... those mounts havent been made in quite some time..... not to mention you would have to re-wire your car for fuel injection before swaping a B engine in.... search for victors B18 swap, he made his mounts from scratch and had a good write up

Hauntd ca3
02-14-2008, 12:27 AM
what parts do you need
the brackets or the rubbers?
the brackets can be made if needed
if you have no luck finding them, i have a mate in red deer the is awesome sheetmetal worker
could make you some if you grovel hard enuff

Soopitup
02-14-2008, 08:15 AM
could you post a link for victors swap? and it cant be that much work to wire in an ecu and harness....

thegreatdane
02-14-2008, 08:55 AM
There's a set for sale right now, couldnt be any easier: http://www.3geez.com/forum/sr_classifieds.php?do=ad&id=83
Got the balls?

86nlife2go
02-14-2008, 10:10 AM
if i bought em, i'd copy the crap out of em! so many ppl want em, might as well make some cash....ah, cash, something I don't have....lol, oh well, good luck mky!

Soopitup
02-14-2008, 05:41 PM
lmao, $500 for engine mounts? i know they are impossible to find, could probably get them custom made for less i think... or make them myself...

Vanilla Sky
02-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Custom, nope. Not for less than $500, at least. Fab shops aren't cheap, and neither is the metal in them.

You could, however, fab a set for $300 or less, depending on your source for parts.

labeledsk8r
02-14-2008, 08:25 PM
if your looking for a cheep car to mod.. .get a civic... 90% of the parts for these accords are custom or so rare that they can get a good price

Soopitup
02-14-2008, 09:23 PM
why so much to make them yourself? some old mounts with new bushings and some steel for the brackets wouldnt cost more than $150, weld it all up, good to go....

Vanilla Sky
02-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Read the wording. I CLEARLY STATED "or less, depending on your source for parts."

thegreatdane
02-15-2008, 05:16 AM
lmao, $500 for engine mounts? i know they are impossible to find, could probably get them custom made for less i think... or make them myself...

Yea well thats all there is.

snoopyloopy
02-15-2008, 10:45 AM

custom made at a shop? no. do them yourself? possibly. if i remember correctly, some ppl have used mount kits from civics and modded them to fit other cars. however, the cheapest decent (not that cheap ebay crap) mounts you can find cost $350+.

88LXi68
02-15-2008, 11:05 AM
if i bought em, i'd copy the crap out of em! so many ppl want em, might as well make some cash....ah, cash, something I don't have....lol, oh well, good luck mky!

WOW!! That is a great idea, why hasnt anyone thought of that before?:wave:

Soopitup
02-15-2008, 03:36 PM
well thanks for your feedback, probably gonna pull the A20a1 in the summer n try a swap, either get a shop to make me some mounts or make-shift up some....if anyone has made their own... please, please, send some pics of the process if any...

Nate

snoopyloopy
02-15-2008, 05:27 PM
well thanks for your feedback, probably gonna pull the A20a1 in the summer n try a swap, either get a shop to make me some mounts or make-shift up some....if anyone has made their own... please, please, send some pics of the process if any...

Nate

search. there's a lengthy thread around here where someone did just that--made their own mounts and stuff and documented what he needed to do to do it.

MessyHonda
02-16-2008, 12:11 AM

you will spend more money....if you think 500 bucks is alot...wait till you have to buy an engine and trans...that alone is 1.2k depending on the miles.....if you want to go fast you got to be ready to spend alot for these cars...they are not civics

labeledsk8r
02-16-2008, 12:59 AM
you will spend more money....if you think 500 bucks is alot...wait till you have to buy an engine and trans...that alone is 1.2k depending on the miles.....if you want to go fast you got to be ready to spend alot for these cars...they are not civics

not to mention he is carbed..... so he will have to re wire almost everytihng on the harness, and ecu, and shift linkage made, and mayby even axels worked out (even though vector said some axels work with no mods ? dont remember) but yeah search for a thread vector made he talked threw the steps very well

Soopitup
02-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Haha, well don't worry, I will pay up to $2000 for a motor, money is not an issue, I would just rather not pay $500 for some little ass engine mounts, no matter how rare.. I'd rather be able to say I custom built my own, even if it does take 20 hours.... :cheers:

lostforawhile
02-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Haha, well don't worry, I will pay up to $2000 for a motor, money is not an issue, I would just rather not pay $500 for some little ass engine mounts, no matter how rare.. I'd rather be able to say I custom built my own, even if it does take 20 hours.... :cheers:i make parts all the time no one on here has ever seen before,but with something as difficult to get right as an engine mount,pay the money and get one you know will work. if money isn't an issue just buy the stupid things and make the rest of the parts.

Soopitup
02-17-2008, 12:06 PM
search. there's a lengthy thread around here where someone did just that--made their own mounts and stuff and documented what he needed to do to do it.

Would anyone be able to give me the thread ??? would be nice:D

Soopitup
02-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Hey I also found out today, it comes with a parts car, an 87 Accord LX-i has the A20A4 engine, fuel injection :D might throw that in there, say screw the b series swap and save some money....