PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers On Stock Struts????

lgoldtop
02-14-2008, 01:38 PM
ok so i bought the coilovers that fit over your stock struts....

All i have to say is DO NOT!!!!! I REPEAT DO NOT BUY THEM...

Why you may ask?.... because most of them come with allen wrenched screw used to stabilize the coilover the strut which are very weak i tried this method and thankfully it broke when it wasnt moving after i put my new tires on while my car was on the lift.

basically the coilover shattered and came out of the boot so if you like yor car do not buy the coilovers and yes some of you probably did and the ened up working fine but mine didnt so this is just a warning!!!! thanks guys

knarg
02-14-2008, 04:06 PM
ebay coilovers im guessing

mushroom_toy
02-14-2008, 04:42 PM
What a tard. IM running some I got for free, and they are fine. Sleeves thats have either the allen style or the dual parts are fine. He probably got a defective set.

lgoldtop
02-15-2008, 01:07 PM
ohh yeah im not a "Tard" it was like you said probably a defective part because it didnt work

AccordB20A
02-15-2008, 01:17 PM
i agree. We got a set for free and it didnt even have the allen key things, we got a grinder and modified where the bolt goes on so theres a 10mm bolt in there now. its been good as gold since then haha

MessyHonda
02-15-2008, 11:41 PM
thats why i used springs...lot safer...and tokico blues...makes the car handle like a sportster

mushroom_toy
02-16-2008, 11:48 AM
^If it handled like a sportster then why is it all fucked up...hahaha. You know im just fuckin with ya...but still.

forrest89sei
02-16-2008, 11:51 AM
^If it handled like a sportster then why is it all fucked up...hahaha. You know im just fuckin with ya...but still.

:Owned:

frantik
02-16-2008, 01:43 PM
:kekeke:

tokico blue aren't that hot anyways koni or k2 wtf :D

knarg
02-16-2008, 02:22 PM
ummm... KONI AND SPRINT FTW :Owned:

AccordB20A
02-16-2008, 02:39 PM

yeah mine handled mint too but i stacked into a bank aswell

bullard123
02-16-2008, 02:52 PM
What a tard. IM running some I got for free, and they are fine. Sleeves thats have either the allen style or the dual parts are fine. He probably got a defective set.

yeah be careful with the name callin. It will get you a warning

MessyHonda
02-17-2008, 12:17 AM

lol....i dont think any car could of turned a u turn going like 50mph....i redlined 3rd gear...so that put me at around 85 mph...then i slowed down...but the car wanted to go straight instead of turning...but the tires are crap....im going with some sticker stuff next time.

and who is the one who took forever to do the suspension?...lol

AccordB20A
02-17-2008, 04:29 AM
fight fight fight even. Good suspensions useless on shit tyres as i found out. when i did a skid on that keyboard it removed the last few usable mm of tread from my tyre and thats why i understeered into that bank lol

Civic Accord Honda
02-17-2008, 10:10 AM
ebay coilovers im guessing
X2

mushroom_toy
02-18-2008, 10:55 PM
lol....i dont think any car could of turned a u turn going like 50mph....i redlined 3rd gear...so that put me at around 85 mph...then i slowed down...but the car wanted to go straight instead of turning...but the tires are crap....im going with some sticker stuff next time.

and who is the one who took forever to do the suspension?...lol

You are correct lol. Im just broke country bumpkin....but i get shit for free! XD :)

ghettogeddy
02-18-2008, 11:15 PM
ya the chap ebay crap overs are exactly what they are cheap lol
if you want a decent coil over go with a dropzone sport coilover