PDA

View Full Version : why dont honda transmissions like me?

Civic Accord Honda
02-14-2008, 03:22 PM
as some of you know in december my transmission went out so i got a parts car and replaced it...
so today on the way to the dentest in tehachapi we here that same whineing sound we herd before when the other trans blew but it never got as loud and it made it all the way there then when we got there we noticed we herd scrapeing sound from the trans everytime the clutch was pressed in and it sounded like a bad thow out beairing so we were like ok we will have to get a new clutch kit in a few days and replace the clutch and bearing at same time

so were going home everythings going fine untel we have to go up redrock mtn then that sound comes back hella fucking loud and the hill was step so we shifted to 4th sound still there and the trans is shuttering once we get up the hill we shift back to 5th sound gets louder and louder then 5th GEAR FUCKING BLEW OUT! after that though all the sounds went away and so did the shutter and the sound when u put the clutch in

but it grinds like hell if u shift to 3rd with out dubble clutching

:rant: now i need to buy another transmission

russiankid
02-14-2008, 04:07 PM
as some of you know in december my transmission went out so i got a parts car and replaced it...
so today on the way to the dentest in tehachapi we here that same whineing sound we herd before when the other trans blew but it never got as loud and it made it all the way there then when we got there we noticed we herd scrapeing sound from the trans everytime the clutch was pressed in and it sounded like a bad thow out beairing so we were like ok we will have to get a new clutch kit in a few days and replace the clutch and bearing at same time

so were going home everythings going fine untel we have to go up redrock mtn then that sound comes back hella fucking loud and the hill was step so we shifted to 4th sound still there and the trans is shuttering once we get up the hill we shift back to 5th sound gets louder and louder then 5th GEAR FUCKING BLEW OUT! after that though all the sounds went away and so did the shutter and the sound when u put the clutch in

Sounds like you were low on oil:wave:

BITESIZE
02-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Sounds like it's the person not the transmission.

forrest89sei
02-14-2008, 04:12 PM

That SUCKS!!!

Must not be as new as it was stated....

Civic Accord Honda
02-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Sounds like you were low on oil:wave:
nope i added some oil yesterday =/

Sounds like it's the person not the transmission.
nope my step dad was driving and he has been driving 5speeds since he got his lic in like early80s and never had problems with them this is the only manual car that has had trans problems =/ even the other 3gees we have owned never had trans problems
so i am starting to think that parts cars trans was never rebuilt and really does has 362K on it

Civic Accord Honda
02-14-2008, 04:16 PM
That SUCKS!!!

Must not be as new as it was stated....
yea i think its oreginal and really dose have 326K on it....

2ndGenGuy
02-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Bummer man. Sounds like another project to do. :-/ Don't get discouraged, keep up the hard work!

AccordB20A
02-14-2008, 06:06 PM
thats got to suck. I know exactly how you feel when you swap a gearbocks and the other one blows straight after.
why dont you just replace 5th gear? or doesnt that work??

2oodoor
02-15-2008, 03:13 PM
sounds like the wrong or either no oil, it is not the easiest thing to put in, as I found out last weekend, esp if the wind is blowing an the oil wont flow.
YOu have to hold the tube from the funnel just inside the hole and not jammed in the hole too. Notice it did not act up until the trans got good an warm.
anyway whatever the cause, water under the bridge now, next step is to fix it. Frustrating I know, hang in there DarkAccord

MessyHonda
02-15-2008, 11:27 PM
i still got my old trans...it worked fine just that one time where i think i overheated 5th gear...but i used some mtf and i didnt have a problem.

1ajs
02-15-2008, 11:46 PM
cah... probly cause you don't look after them

Civic Accord Honda
02-16-2008, 11:36 AM
sounds like the wrong or either no oil, it is not the easiest thing to put in, as I found out last weekend, esp if the wind is blowing an the oil wont flow.
YOu have to hold the tube from the funnel just inside the hole and not jammed in the hole too. Notice it did not act up until the trans got good an warm.
anyway whatever the cause, water under the bridge now, next step is to fix it. Frustrating I know, hang in there DarkAccord

yea i would think it was a oil problem too but the day before i drained it and refilled it with 30weight oil which autozone recommended

i still got my old trans...it worked fine just that one time where i think i overheated 5th gear...but i used some mtf and i didnt have a problem.
hey messy how much did the parts to rebuild your trans cost?

cah... probly cause you don't look after them
umm excuse me? ......im not even going to bother getting in a argument with you

Oldblueaccord
02-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Its 10W30 oil not 30 weight oil.

If your in 5th gear doggin the car up a hill its strainng the trans. Esp if your whole family is loaded in it.

CAH think if gearing like your 10speed bike. You would not go up a hill in 10th would you? what your legs feel like is what your motor trans feels like straining. As far as the noise riding it home prolly did it in along with again riding it 5th. Think gringing noises as a car saying "no mas"

wp

1ajs
02-16-2008, 01:45 PM
its true though cah. these cars have souls show them some real respect and it will show you it back. have fun with yer dxi :P

BITESIZE
02-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Don't ever listen to anyone that works at a parts store.

2oodoor
02-16-2008, 02:11 PM
I put 20w50w in mine last week, I plan on swaping it soon anyway, I DD it every day this week (250 miles) and so far it is fine, the 15 inch steelies really are heavy though.

cubert
02-16-2008, 02:16 PM
i ran 80/90w in my accord trans for awhile...sure it didnt shift when it was cold...but thats not the point :lol:

Civic Accord Honda
02-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Its 10W30 oil not 30 weight oil.

If your in 5th gear doggin the car up a hill its strainng the trans. Esp if your whole family is loaded in it.

CAH think if gearing like your 10speed bike. You would not go up a hill in 10th would you? what your legs feel like is what your motor trans feels like straining. As far as the noise riding it home prolly did it in along with again riding it 5th. Think gringing noises as a car saying "no mas"

wp
yea it was making rhe noises as soon as we hit the freeway and that was going down hill but yea thats why we downshifted going back up

its true though cah. these cars have souls show them some real respect and it will show you it back. have fun with yer dxi :P
i have babyed the trans treating it ALOT better then the old one...

Don't ever listen to anyone that works at a parts store.

i think i have learned that now
3geez pwns autozone for advice

1ajs
02-16-2008, 02:48 PM
i have babyed the trans treating it ALOT better then the old one...

remember it takes time to gain respect back from the car but perhaps the trany was worn out when you got it... lol

i here your geting weird nocking noises coming out of your vavle cover? i would pull the cover off if i were you and see if theres any loose bolts ect

russiankid
02-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I recommend getting either 10w30 motor oil or Honda MTF. I use Honda MTF and i never had a problem with it even in the cold weather.

86ccord
02-16-2008, 07:28 PM
wow dark sounds like major problems.. im sorry bro, but like everyone says.. stay in there everything will come out fine! have fun!

btw all this reminds me to change my oil.. hmm..lol

BITESIZE
02-16-2008, 07:32 PM
I put 20w50w in mine last week, I plan on swaping it soon anyway, I DD it every day this week (250 miles) and so far it is fine, the 15 inch steelies really are heavy though.

I run 20w50 in mine too!! :wave: I run that in my engine too. Thicker the better!:cheers:

Civic Accord Honda
02-16-2008, 09:44 PM
i use 20 w 50 in my engne in summer and 10w30 in winter lol

i want to keep this car as a project and find another but i need to get a job 1st but im waiting to move before i get a job

lostforawhile
02-16-2008, 09:58 PM
remember it takes time to gain respect back from the car but perhaps the trany was worn out when you got it... lol

i here your geting weird nocking noises coming out of your vavle cover? i would pull the cover off if i were you and see if theres any loose bolts ecteveryone has been telling him that all day he won't listen to anyone, he knows his timing belt was oil soaked yet didn't change it, and it started making strange noises from under the valve cover and stopped burning oil at the same time. i think it's lost oil pressure.

Civic Accord Honda
02-16-2008, 10:12 PM
everyone has been telling him that all day he won't listen to anyone, he knows his timing belt was oil soaked yet didn't change it, and it started making strange noises from under the valve cover and stopped burning oil at the same time. i think it's lost oil pressure.

it had very a very small amount of oil on it and my back has been killing me thats why i have not gone out there and the car has made this sound since we got it but it used to only make it at around 3.5 rpm now its doing it at idel too i think its the valves i plan to take it in for a adjustment soon just cant afford to...

GraniteLXI
02-16-2008, 11:03 PM
God damn, i hate to see this happen after all that work you put into it swapping the tranny...and now an engine noise to add to it? :( Just hang in there man, I know u said the car is drivable...but maybe it shouldn't be driven at all until the tranny parts that need replacing are replaced, or at least avoid driving it. I do hope things will look up for you soon, you really need a $400 cavalier or sumthin so ure 3gee can get a break and worked on properly!

lostforawhile
02-17-2008, 08:31 AM
it had very a very small amount of oil on it and my back has been killing me thats why i have not gone out there and the car has made this sound since we got it but it used to only make it at around 3.5 rpm now its doing it at idel too i think its the valves i plan to take it in for a adjustment soon just cant afford to...take it in? you can change the trasmission but you can't adjust your valves? i know a number of people on here have even showed you the the sticky on how to do it.

Oldblueaccord
02-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Dark don 't get to down we are trying to help. Trust me I blew up many a car when I was your age. Sure the where old and wore out but the operator had something to with it.Rods dont throw themselves. I got a 200$ 1977 Chrysler now going on 3 years with little problems.One of the worse cars every produced. If I had bought this car when I was 18 it would have lasted no more then 6 months.

Hondas are good strong cars but there not maintience free you got to be tweeking on an old car all the time.

wp

lostforawhile
02-17-2008, 02:13 PM
cah adjusting the valves is one of the eaisiest things to do. if you can do all the stuff you just did to the car, there is no excuse to explain why you can't do it. you need to find the reason for the noise in the valve train, quit making excuses, pull the valve cover and fix it. quit whining about your back,i've been under my dash running wiring harnesses and i'm 35, if i can manage that you can pull the valve cover.