PDA

View Full Version : Touch screen DVD player

Bfarrell01
02-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Hey I got a 89 accord and was thinking about buying a touch screen dvd/cd player with the motorized screen and such. my question is, does anyone have one in thier 86-89 accord and how it works with the deck being recessed back like 2 in.

MessyHonda
02-15-2008, 11:32 PM
i think the screen would hit the air controls. only way to find out is to try it out

UnforgivenPyro
02-28-2008, 03:23 AM
I bought a touch screen cd/dvd player about a week ago for my accord. Yes, it does hit the air controls, the screen points almost straight down if the cd player is put all the way in. The only way to get it to work correctly is to have it pulled out so its even with the rest of the dash, which looks kind of bad. Im working on a temporary plate to sit behind the headunit to make it flush with the rest of the dash so you dont see all the open space around/behind it. Hopefully, Ill have a nice machined plate at some point. Ill take a few pics of it when I get the temporary piece in.

3GpHantom
03-05-2008, 09:31 PM
yes it does it the air controls...i got a universal din mounting piece (spacer) it brings it out about 2 inchs. However, it does look kinda wierd sticking out from the dash,