PDA

View Full Version : clocking turbo

mykwikcoupe
02-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Seems easy enough. Is it really that simple. No hidden tricks and such. Just loosen the fasteners and spin. retighten. Is there a torque or sequence or anything? Thanks Mike

EricW
02-15-2008, 08:21 PM
As far as I know its that easy.

When I checked for boost leaks i had a leak between the compressor housing and the backing plate. I was talking to one of my buddies and he said that there was a paper gasket that went between the compressor housing and the back plate. So I used high temp silicone to seal it instead of ordering the gasket.

guaynabo89
02-21-2008, 06:45 AM
on mine theres a o-ring between the compressor and backplate. you might want to be careful while clocking not to put to much pressure on either compressor or turbine housing. Might hit the blades or something dumd like that.

other than that yeah its that easy.

AccordEpicenter
02-21-2008, 08:37 PM
make sure you tighten them up crosswise and you can use either the paper gasket or rtv, just make sure you let it set up before boosting. If you need to clock the exhaust housing/centersection youre gonna need to hammer on the exhaust housing a bit to get it to separate

mykwikcoupe
02-21-2008, 09:08 PM
well when you sent me the modified turbo back. I need to rotate the compressor side both where the center sectiion meets the compressor and the end housing meets the compressor.. they both moved about 1/4 turn in opposite directions. Ive retightened everything. Did you put a paper gasket in or is it good to go with me doing this. thanks Mike

AccordEpicenter
02-22-2008, 02:28 PM
i put the actual paper gasket in it, i dont think i tightened it down all the way before i sent it back to you so you could clock it so id imagine you should be fine. You can reuse the paper gasket if it comes apart in one piece, but it rarely does if the turbo has been ran

mykwikcoupe
02-22-2008, 09:26 PM
cool so what would you actually call my turbo. is it a 42/60 or a 60/48? Is it better of worse than a super 60 and what trim is it? thanks

AccordEpicenter
02-23-2008, 11:25 AM
60/48. A REAL s60 trim turbo is good to 350hp instead of 300 the regular 60 is good to. Alot of people mis label regular 60s as S60s, real S60s are very hard to find. At 350hp, youd be better off with a small T3/T04 anyway