PDA

View Full Version : coolant flow path

newaccorddriver
02-17-2008, 01:07 PM
does anyone know the path at which the coolant flows? im installing megasquirt soon and im trying to install the coolant temperature sensor. the easiest way ive found so far is to use a 'T' and hook it up inline with one of the hoses. the problem is, i dont know which hose is the most accurate for this sensor, so im up for suggestions

BITESIZE
02-17-2008, 01:48 PM
I would install the coolant temp sensor right by the stock location. Since that's the main point, where the coolant arrives into the head. Just my opinion.

edit: the stock location is right by the thermostat. That's right where you would bleed the coolant system.

newaccorddriver
02-17-2008, 05:18 PM
I would install the coolant temp sensor right by the stock location. Since that's the main point, where the coolant arrives into the head. Just my opinion.

edit: the stock location is right by the thermostat. That's right where you would bleed the coolant system.

i need to use barbed fittings, and pipes, so i cant exactly put it near the stock fittings. perhaps that line that goes out of the cylinder head and into the heater core would work?

lostforawhile
02-17-2008, 05:36 PM
i need to use barbed fittings, and pipes, so i cant exactly put it near the stock fittings. perhaps that line that goes out of the cylinder head and into the heater core would work?
you can't t it coolant has to flow past the sensor,this would create an air pocket. does the fi motor use the same thermostat housing as the carb motor? if it does send one here and i'll tap it for the special BSP threads the sensor uses. it's the same small one wire sensor as the one the carb uses correct? just take care of the shipping it will take me like ten minutes

newaccorddriver
02-17-2008, 06:01 PM
the sensor that i have to put in is 3/8th NPT. i was considering tapping the stock engine temperature sensor and replace it with the one im using, but i cant seem to find a tap that big. its similar in side, so i just need to take out a bit of metal and tap it, but its the size of tap that is needed that i dont have. after that, its smooth sailing for the install for the most part. the little one wire one which operates the dashboard gauge im keeping as i like to keep it functional.

lostforawhile
02-17-2008, 06:19 PM
the sensor that i have to put in is 3/8th NPT. i was considering tapping the stock engine temperature sensor and replace it with the one im using, but i cant seem to find a tap that big. its similar in side, so i just need to take out a bit of metal and tap it, but its the size of tap that is needed that i dont have. after that, its smooth sailing for the install for the most part. the little one wire one which operates the dashboard gauge im keeping as i like to keep it functional.
ok where is your factory sender on the engine for the FI,the one that sends info to the gauge? you are using an aftermarket sender thats 3/8 npt right? are you saying you want to move and use the sender for the gauge also? if i can find my 3/8 npt tap i can probably tig a bung on the thermostat housing

newaccorddriver
02-17-2008, 06:56 PM
ok where is your factory sender on the engine for the FI,the one that sends info to the gauge? you are using an aftermarket sender thats 3/8 npt right? are you saying you want to move and use the sender for the gauge also? if i can find my 3/8 npt tap i can probably tig a bung on the thermostat housing

their both on the housing. i just want to remove the factory sensor and replace it with the new sensor. the little sensor can stay in place. im going to hit the pawn shops tomorrow to see if any of them have 3/8npt taps