PDA

View Full Version : Catalytic Convertor

KaosAccord89
02-17-2008, 07:57 PM
I've got pics of what my stuffed up catalytic converter did to the rear passenger side of my car. To make a long story short, my honda was starting to stall on me and hesitate, and at times, not start at all. Well my friends thought it might be my fuel pump, or the fuel filter.
Ha, we were all wrong. My best friend and I returned to my car where it was left in the mall parking lot, started her up, and tried to push whatever was clogging her up, out. Well, needless to say, my muffler turned bright orange, which made my exhaust tip hot, which sparked fire and melted my rear bumper. Yes, we killed the engine after we noticed it turned orange. Anywho, mall security stood there holding the fire extinguisher and watched as not only my bumper went up in flames, but also my rear taillights.
So, my poor little Accord is sitting at my brother's house, waiting to be fixed.
Though I don't doubt my best friend in regards to my engine being ok, I have another friend who is afraid that the engine seized up. What are the chances of that happening. No, we haven't cut off the cat, as it has been raining the past few days.
Any feedback in regards to this would be helpful, including jokes, I could always use a good laugh.
-KaosAccord89
PS- she's a 2door Lxi; finding rear taillight housing seems impossible....

MessyHonda
02-17-2008, 08:46 PM
wow that really sucks...i went with a high flow magnaflow cat.

turabaka
02-17-2008, 09:07 PM
um.... cat got your tongue? I know horrible joke. I honestly couldn't come up with anything funny to say because it absolutely sucks ass. I'm with messy though. magnaflow cat FTW!!!!

Civic Accord Honda
02-17-2008, 09:14 PM
dude! that fucking sucks ass man

AccordB20A
02-17-2008, 09:17 PM
i would like to see pics. that musta got real hot. No cat FTW

A18A
02-17-2008, 09:50 PM
:O melted tail light & bumper :O

2drSE-i
02-18-2008, 11:45 AM
i cant see how the motor would seize up if you guys shut the car off..now if it shut itself off you may have a problem. Cut the cat off and see if it starts.

steveko
02-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Did you look at the cat while it was running it must have been a cherry.

Blkblurr
02-19-2008, 01:46 PM
How did the cat cause a fire in the rear of your car??? the cat's under the passenger seat.

cubert
02-19-2008, 01:51 PM
does your car have to pass emissions? if not i say hollow the cat, repair the fire damage and call it a day

Demon1024
02-19-2008, 11:56 PM
is it a hatch or coupe? i think sedan lights work on the coupe

MessyHonda
02-20-2008, 12:23 AM
is it a hatch or coupe? i think sedan lights work on the coupe

nope....not even close...i saw some guy with coupe lights on his sedan...and it was ugly

KaosAccord89
02-21-2008, 03:38 PM
I live in Texas, and from what I've heard, or have been told, I HAVE to have the stupid catalytic convertor. I, myself would rather have straight exhaust and a muffler.
Anywho, I'd post pics, but they are on my phone, and I don't know how to get them off my phone onto the computer. No, I'm not blonde, so don't go there.
My accord is a 2door coupe. I was told I could put DX taillights on the back.....
$100 and she can pass emissions....devil:
Anyway, thanks to all for their replies. Should you have anymore, u can reach me at [email protected] (in case I'm not in here)
the cat was backed up, and my muffler got glowing hot, when we shut off the car, it made the stupid aftermarket exhaust tip too hot (it was touching my bumper) and it started to melt my bumper. Mall security could've put it out and my lights wouldn't have gotten ruined, but he found a burning car to be to damn fascinating I guess. This all happened at the Woodlands Mall, 4 anyone who lives in Texas......
Btw, how much does a high flow cat cost?