PDA

View Full Version : Weber on the way! but the right one?

hisherlx
02-17-2008, 11:21 PM
Well i ordered a 32 36 from autopartswherehouse and after i ordered it my girlfriend asked if it was the 38 that was the correct one... Ooops! my question is did i make the right choice? do i need the adapter plate to fit it up? what about changing the jets do i need to that? ive gone through the faqs and havnt figured the differnce between the 38 and 32 36

2ndGenGuy
02-18-2008, 12:42 AM
Either carb will work. They both have the same mounting flanges and the same linkages. The same adapters will work for both carbs, but you DO need an adapter to use them.

The 32/36, or DGEV as it will likely by, is slightly smaller and the 32mm barrel opens before the 36mm barrel. The 38 will likely be a DGES and has 2 38mm barrels and both open at the same time.

The 32/36 should come pre-jetted if you buy it in the whole kit with the adapter plate, etc for your car, or you can order it that way. I don't know about the 38. Might need to be jetted, might be close when you get it and need tuning, or might come spot on...

turabaka
02-18-2008, 12:49 AM
they'll both work with the same adapter plate like 2ndgenguy said. I have the 38 and it's freaking awesome. you'll like the weber. Gives a good boost of power, and makes a nice sound!

2oodoor
02-18-2008, 04:33 AM
If you didn't order the HOnda adapter kit you will have to fabricate everything to make it work.
32-36 is a two stage carb, it runs on one barrel most of the time until you give it a kick then the second barrel comes in. I rarely use the second barrel in daily driving. 38-38 is a single stage two barrel that is even more performance oriented, I don't think those were ever used on an OEM application as the 32-36 ( or some Holley variation of the same carb) was used in several OEM applications on American and European cars.

hisherlx
02-18-2008, 01:02 PM
So i cant order the adapter plate from a company? i read a few faqs that said there were a couple of companies that sell them

2ndGenGuy
02-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Oh you can order the adapter plates separately no problem. But if you order them together, the carb typically comes jetted to the application. It's part of the kit they put together.

hisherlx
02-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Phew thats a relief im not sure if the kit i got came with it or not it has the redline adapter and gaskets i guess i will wait and see thanks for the help ill keep u guys posted!