PDA

View Full Version : OBD1 Conversion Gurus

88LXi68
02-23-2008, 04:11 PM
I am in the process of gathering parts for my obd1 conversion w/ p28 & hondata on my ls/vtec which is currently obd0 and running a pr3 ecu. I am also using a PRI engine harness. I am a bit confused in regards to the injector resistor box. Once everything is swapped over to OBD1 is the box eliminated?

AccordEpicenter
02-23-2008, 09:25 PM
no, resistor box stays as is. You need it to run peak hold injectors, if your running saturated type injectors then eliminate it, but im betting your running peak hold type injectors correct?

88LXi68
02-24-2008, 12:52 AM
I am currently running peak and hold injectors. So everything stays status quo. Just curious, what would be involved with switching to saturated injectors? changing injector clips?

AccordEpicenter
02-24-2008, 09:24 AM
possibly, and then you would have to eliminate the injector box. Why would you want to go to saturated type injectors? Most guys i see with saturated injectors switch over to peak hold type when going for performance, they are easier to obtain

88LXi68
02-24-2008, 10:28 AM
It is not that I want to switch to saturated, it was more just curiosity on how it would be done. thanks, I really appreciate the help. BTW, I hope this summer you can get some time to meet up with some of the NE members.

thegreatdane
02-25-2008, 10:23 AM
It's super easy, you just remove the resistor box and connect all the wires in the connector to eachother.
With a resistor box there's one positive wire going in, through a resistor and separates into 4 wires going out to each injector. So when you remove the resistor box you need to jump the wires in order to get that positive power supply to the injectors.

88LXi68
02-26-2008, 05:24 PM
It's super easy, you just remove the resistor box and connect all the wires in the connector to eachother.
With a resistor box there's one positive wire going in, through a resistor and separates into 4 wires going out to each injector. So when you remove the resistor box you need to jump the wires in order to get that positive power supply to the injectors.

sounds pretty easy...may have to look into it.