PDA

View Full Version : ReBuilt

koss007
02-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Hell ya ... this car is so much better now .. i just rebuilt the motor and the front end.. i have a little power now, just milled down the head and block .. so it bumped the C/R up a little .. so i didnt do the Head yet .. have a few Q.. I know i want to go NA ... and i have a Weber progressive .. im not trying to get major Hp out of this car but a few more wont hurt ... so what would be the best Cam, valve and spring setup .. any help would be great .. And ill post a vid soon so u can hear her purr

MessyHonda
02-24-2008, 09:49 PM
i wold just get a stage 1 cam and some pacesetter headers...they are not the best but anything is better than stock...also get your self a nice test pipe and a 2.25 inch exhuast with a good muffler...im happy with my set up....sounds quiet...till i let her rip at 4k rpm...oh yeah short gears make the car fun too.

newaccorddriver
02-24-2008, 09:50 PM
a colt triflow cam would probably be a fairly good cam to start out with

cygnus x-1
02-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Hell ya ... this car is so much better now .. i just rebuilt the motor and the front end.. i have a little power now, just milled down the head and block .. so it bumped the C/R up a little .. so i didnt do the Head yet .. have a few Q.. I know i want to go NA ... and i have a Weber progressive .. im not trying to get major Hp out of this car but a few more wont hurt ... so what would be the best Cam, valve and spring setup .. any help would be great .. And ill post a vid soon so u can hear her purr

Hey man, I'm up near Chicago. Good to see a fellow midwesterner.

For a cam either a Colt or Delta stage 1. The Delta is a tad more aggressive I think but both are good. I happen to have the Colt and I like it. The valve train is pretty good to start with so you really don't need to do anything there as far as upgrades. You should check the rocker pads though for wear. Replace or recondition if they are worn. Using worn rockers on a new cam can make the cam wear out faster. Obviously look for other worn parts too. I had to replace one of the rocker shafts when I rebuilt my head.

C|

koss007
03-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Man ive had a busy month .. Had to get the bike ready for the summer (636 ninja ) So i did a moron thing every thing was rebuilt on the honda but i forgot the clutch so i need a new one now haha .. So i orderd the stage 1 Delta .. well cant wait until a warm day .. I kinda miss the accord .. Having TractionControl sucks (Dads 04 Jeep)
Oh Im down for any honda meet IN ILL .. I still get about 25-28 mpg on the high way

GraniteLXI
03-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Hey man, I'm up near Chicago. Good to see a fellow midwesterner. C|

I'm not too far from Chicago either....I'm about 90 mins away from Appleton. I'm in Door County, Wisconsin. You may just be the closest 3geezer to me lol Ever heard of Sturgeon Bay?

-I don't mean to change the thread subject...just I thought I was all alone out here LOL

cygnus x-1
03-04-2008, 10:54 AM
I'm not too far from Chicago either....I'm about 90 mins away from Appleton. I'm in Door County, Wisconsin. You may just be the closest 3geezer to me lol Ever heard of Sturgeon Bay?

-I don't mean to change the thread subject...just I thought I was all alone out here LOL

I have heard of Sturgeon Bay. And I've been up near there on the way to Mackinac Island.

I have to admit though I don't actually have a 3g Accord. I have a 2g Prelude. Very similar though, and same engine/trans. 3geez has more technical info about engines and stuff than Preludepower.com. So I hang around here too.

C|

GraniteLXI
03-04-2008, 11:02 AM
I have heard of Sturgeon Bay. And I've been up near there on the way to Mackinac Island.

I have to admit though I don't actually have a 3g Accord. I have a 2g Prelude. Very similar though, and same engine/trans. 3geez has more technical info about engines and stuff than Preludepower.com. So I hang around here too.

C|

Still cool tho to know someone on the thread is somewhat close...the midwest needs a meet for older hondas lol Should fire off a pm if you ever happen to come near Sturgeon Bay