PDA

View Full Version : Flapping/knocking noise

zAFW
02-26-2008, 06:08 AM
I just notice the other day that the car is making some weird noise, I can even feel it when my foot is on the petal like something is slapping against something. It happens at a constant rate, like every 2-3 seconds only when I'm slowing down. The noise comes from the driver side. It doesn't happen when I'm idling or accelerating it happens only when I'm trying to slow down.

I checked around to see if anything was loose and I didn't really find anything. The last thing I did to it was an oil change, fuel filter change, adjusted the steering wheel, and placed a hub cap on the left tire.

I put in 3.5q of oil when I changed the oil. I use 85 Octane. Checked for leaks. So I'm thinking either something is loose or something needs something.

My dad thinks it might be tire or my brakes. But I'm pretty certain its coming from somewhere under the hood though. Still, I'll have them checked out.

Any suggestions what it might be? Thanks!

Oldblueaccord
02-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Give the underneath of the car agood look over.It could be anything really like a torn CV boot,a plastic bag caught underneath or a bad tire (seperated tire tread). Check into your motor mounts as well.

wp