PDA

View Full Version : BABOOM OEM cd player with harness

labeledsk8r
02-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Thats right i have the oem cd player and even was able to get my hands on the factrory wireing harness so its all plug and play, i havent cleaned it yet but should clean up nicely. heres some pics.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/000_4097.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/000_4098.jpg

heres the oem plug and play harness (anyone needing wire colors to wire theres let me know)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/000_4100.jpg

and heres the only big problem... the prong plug was riped out of it... i figured i could wire in a new one... just need to find the wire setup so i know wich wire is wich

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/000_4099.jpg

i will post new pics when i clean it up.... and um if anyone has the diagram for the prong plug let me know... i will be looking for a new plug to re-wire into it :cheers:

Civic Accord Honda
02-26-2008, 02:43 PM
looks good man
sucks about the prongs though

forrest89sei
02-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Should be just like this diagram frantik posted for the EQ's

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6540/wiregj7.gif

either the EQ or the CD Player plug into the HU using the same cable, or if you have both the EQ plugs into the CD player then the CD player to the HU

BITESIZE
02-26-2008, 03:13 PM
You should be able to put on a new end plug.

frantik
02-26-2008, 05:25 PM
yeah i'll trade you my 8 pin DIN diagram (the one forrest showed you) for your harness diagram lol

where'd u get the harness? :rant:

forrest89sei
02-26-2008, 05:38 PM
yeah i'll trade you my 8 pin DIN diagram (the one forrest showed you) for your harness diagram lol

where'd u get the harness? :rant:

he got it off the car, was still intact :O

frantik
02-26-2008, 05:56 PM
damn lucky

i should have grabbed me a harness when i was at the JY yesterday.. looks like all i need is one of those adapter thingies for after market decks and a stock harness and just wire them together. i will have to cut the EQ harness unless i can find a plug like that, which i really doubt i can

lostforawhile
02-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Thats right i have the oem cd player and even was able to get my hands on the factrory wireing harness so its all plug and play, i havent cleaned it yet but should clean up nicely. heres some pics.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/000_4097.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/000_4098.jpg

heres the oem plug and play harness (anyone needing wire colors to wire theres let me know)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/000_4100.jpg

and heres the only big problem... the prong plug was riped out of it... i figured i could wire in a new one... just need to find the wire setup so i know wich wire is wich

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/000_4099.jpg

i will post new pics when i clean it up.... and um if anyone has the diagram for the prong plug let me know... i will be looking for a new plug to re-wire into it :cheers:it's probably an alpine unit they all have the same plug.if you want just hardwire it figure out where the index pin is on the tore up plug and transfer the wires one at a time. if you were closer i would just put a molex plug on it,no one sees the back anyway. that plug is called a DIN plug by the way. european audio gear uses them extensivly, which is why alpine uses them. let me look at mouser.

lostforawhile
02-26-2008, 06:26 PM
hey look at the other end it plugs into and tell me how many pins there are try and take a pic.i can find you the plug may just take a little while

lostforawhile
02-26-2008, 06:30 PM
see if any of these match up to pins http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/SearchResults.asp?N=0&Ntk=Primary&Ntt=din+plug+right+angle&sid=47C356806810617F

labeledsk8r
02-26-2008, 06:35 PM
yeah frantic soudns good i will get that done sometime tonight or so so you can get yours wired up... the funny thing is... i found the cd player last week... and didnt think about the harness till reading your thread.. so i went back and the car was gone... i went to the guys there and talked to them and they said they moved it to the crushing section (off limites) he let me and andrew in.. and we found it in the line to get crushed lol if i woulda went tomarrow i wouldnt have it

and yeah lost i knew i could make a new pin plug and take a pic for what?? i dont need any plug.... unless your talking about for frantik ???

frantik
02-26-2008, 06:45 PM
the plug is an 8 pin DIN plug, Lost :)

and damn thats a crazy story bout the harness.. good job getting it w00t

from the looks of things the colors of the wires on the CD player are the same as the colors on the harness right?

labeledsk8r
02-26-2008, 06:50 PM
the plug is an 8 pin DIN plug, Lost :)

and damn thats a crazy story bout the harness.. good job getting it w00t

from the looks of things the colors of the wires on the CD player are the same as the colors on the harness right?

let me take the tape and wire sleves off right now and check... get back to you on it in about 10 minutes or less with a diagram :thumbup:

frantik
02-26-2008, 07:03 PM
w00t :rockon:

labeledsk8r
02-26-2008, 07:14 PM
ok well... im on a laptop and im normaly a paint master... but the lappy is puissing me off.... so ima need a bit more time to draw it up... its kinda a weird wireing so meh i will get it done just need a bit more time... and yes the colors are the same... but some double back and some are only from the cd player harness to the plug....

frantik
02-26-2008, 08:07 PM
cool.. take your time.. or just take a clear pic of the wires even.. or both lol

labeledsk8r
02-26-2008, 08:16 PM
ok heres a fast sketch on a laptop.... i will make a FULL harness drawing once i get my desktop up and running... this is a disgrace compaird to what i can normaly draw on paint lol.... note the numbering isnt to stock numbering... just done this way to make it easyer on me while doing this on a laptop....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/oemcdplayerwireing.jpg

**edit** and frantik, on the plug on my harnes. the pins inside the 6 plug have the same pins as a molex conector from a computer... so i can make you a plug and play harnes so you have to cut NOTHING at all just look for male molex conectors at any wireing or computer shop and they will plug right into each hole on the cd player plug

snoopyloopy
02-26-2008, 10:17 PM
sweet. lucky bastards w/ the oem goodness. although i suppose the cd player i have now is decent for a stockie.

labeledsk8r
02-26-2008, 10:28 PM
sweet. lucky bastards w/ the oem goodness. although i suppose the cd player i have now is decent for a stockie.

only lucky thing i have had happen to me in a while... so i dont really call it much luck.... lol but i hope to get this thing installed in the next few days... just need to find a EQ or sometihng that i can rip a new DIN pin off of

Civic Accord Honda
02-26-2008, 10:51 PM
only lucky thing i have had happen to me in a while... so i dont really call it much luck.... lol but i hope to get this thing installed in the next few days... just need to find a EQ or sometihng that i can rip a new DIN pin off of

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-CRX-Civic-Acura-Factory-OEM-Equalizer-EQ_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38643QQihZ004QQitemZ 140210614482QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-Honda-Accord-AM-FM-CASS-w-eq_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247Q QcategoryZ38639QQihZ003QQitemZ8022293152QQrdZ1QQss pagenameZWD1V

labeledsk8r
02-26-2008, 11:44 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-CRX-Civic-Acura-Factory-OEM-Equalizer-EQ_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38643QQihZ004QQitemZ 140210614482QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-Honda-Accord-AM-FM-CASS-w-eq_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247Q QcategoryZ38639QQihZ003QQitemZ8022293152QQrdZ1QQss pagenameZWD1V

damn you cah , damn you and such

frantik
02-27-2008, 12:51 AM
and frantik, on the plug on my harnes. the pins inside the 6 plug have the same pins as a molex conector from a computer... so i can make you a plug and play harnes so you have to cut NOTHING at all just look for male molex conectors at any wireing or computer shop and they will plug right into each hole on the cd player plugcool i was thinking there had to be some other kind of plug which shared the connector. i'll keep a look out for the DIN connector when i find that one

on your diagram where are the yellow/red, black and blue/white wires going to? they are the ones which run from the car to both the stereo and the cd player while the other three wires just run from the car to the CD player right?

labeledsk8r
02-27-2008, 12:57 AM
cool i was thinking there had to be some other kind of plug which shared the connector. i'll keep a look out for the DIN connector when i find that one

on your diagram where are the yellow/red, black and blue/white wires coming from?from the cars harness.... those are the only 3 that go into the cd player.... i will try to get a FULL digram drawn tomarrow when i have a desktop computer to sit at lol

frantik
02-27-2008, 01:09 AM
so the brown, white and orange wires only run from the CD to the radio, or the Cd to the car?

labeledsk8r
02-27-2008, 01:14 AM
so the brown, white and orange wires only run from the CD to the radio, or the Cd to the car?

cd to car... all the wires go CD player to car... but those 3 run from the harness... to cdplayer then double back to the stereo.... i think ima have to make a full diagram lol.....this one was kinda useless..... and seems to have aot ogf missing parts.. so i will try to get one done... i can draw one on paper... but i dont have a scaner... and doing it on the laptops little pad pos is way to hard

frantik
02-27-2008, 01:41 AM
lol it's all good for the time being i gotta wait till i get all the parts so hopefully by then you'll be able to get your desktop going haha

frantik
02-27-2008, 12:23 PM
anybody recommend where to buy one of those after market stereo adapters? im sure i can get one online but do they sell them in retail stores like autozone or best buy or whereever they sell car stereos?

labeledsk8r
02-27-2008, 12:26 PM
your talking about the one that plus into the cars harnes and has the wireing??? almost every place sells them.. hell even walmart should have them if they have a good auto area....

frantik
02-27-2008, 12:45 PM
yeah thats what im talking bout cool :)

and so again, to be clear:

* Top molex row (yellow/red, black and blue/white): Car to CD to Stereo
* Bottom molex row (brown, white and orange wires): Car to CD only
* All other wires: Car to stereo only

or do i have them mixed up? lol gonna go grab all the parts i need today hopefully

russiankid
02-27-2008, 03:22 PM
I got my harness at Walmart so you should be able to get one there.

labeledsk8r
02-27-2008, 03:43 PM
yeah thats what im talking bout cool :)

and so again, to be clear:

* Top molex row (yellow/red, black and blue/white): Car to CD to Stereo
* Bottom molex row (brown, white and orange wires): Car to CD only
* All other wires: Car to stereo only

or do i have them mixed up? lol gonna go grab all the parts i need today hopefully

top molex (yellow/red, black anf blue/white): car to cd to stereo
bottom molex row Brown white and orange): cd player to stereo
all other wires are car harnes to tape deck stereo

frantik
02-27-2008, 04:39 PM
i dont shop at walmart :barf: lol got one at a car audio place down the street from picknpull :D now just need to get the molex part

and thanks for clearing it up i was hella confused bout the wiring lol

frantik
02-27-2008, 06:29 PM
damn i just noticed there's some pins on the stock harness which aren't filled in, but they are filled in in the CD harness :'( that means i gotta go get another harness tomorrow lol and hope i can modify it easily

labeledsk8r
02-27-2008, 06:33 PM
damn i just noticed there's some pins on the stock harness which aren't filled in, but they are filled in in the CD harness :'( that means i gotta go get another harness tomorrow lol and hope i can modify it easily

i guess i shoulda mentioned that the new harnes that plugs into the radio has every hole filled by a wire lol...my bad... sorr yi havent gotten the ful digram wired... been busy wit my car at the shop

frantik
02-27-2008, 06:43 PM
lol sall good.. now i have to wait till tomorrow anyways. i think i know what to do from your description but of course the diagram will help

frantik
02-27-2008, 10:24 PM
ok i bought some generic computer molex connectors and just used the pins from them and they fit with a bit of force. now i just need to get another harness from the jy tomorrow. i think i even remember seeing a 3rd gen prelude with all of the wires in the harness except the one which corresponds to the window antenna which isn't used on the 3gee either so i think that one might be
usable without mods, though it is super easy to remove the pins from the harness so either way it won't be a problem

frantik
02-28-2008, 04:38 PM
ooo I have an OEM harness too :kekeke: well not really but close :D now i just gotta go test it. i realized after i wrapped it all up i should have waited to test it first lol

edit: well i tested it...... it looks the like the harness is fine, but the CD player didn't play the CD :crying: the radio worked normally, i put the CD in the player, it drew it in, made a weird noise for a bit while it displays 01 00:00 on the screen, then spits the cd out :\ the radio does cut out while the cd is being drawn in so it really does seem like the harness is good at least

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1824/harnesstn7.jpg

carotman
02-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Was this an Original CD. Some of these old CD players can't rear CD-Rs

frantik
02-28-2008, 05:27 PM
it was an original CD from 1989 :D

i investigated more the CD doesn't look like it's being pulled in all the way and it's not being lowered down onto the spindle. I'm gonna try again now that i've manually got the CD in the player all the way

lostforawhile
02-28-2008, 05:33 PM
it was an original CD from 1989 :D

i investigated more the CD doesn't look like it's being pulled in all the way and it's not being lowered down onto the spindle. I'm gonna try again now that i've manually got the CD in the player all the way
some of thos players have rubber belts that drive the mechanism chances are those belts are rotted. they should be easy to find, you just need to figure the diameter and the length of the belt,and universal electronics belts will work. open it up and look for the drive motor, you will probably see a small rubber belt thats is driving a pulley that operates the load mechanism. just like old 80's self load vhs players. if you can't fix it send it here and i'll see what i can do i have a knack for fixing old mechanical mechanisms in things like that. it's a bit of an art.

Civic Accord Honda
02-28-2008, 06:27 PM
i allways useruberbands to fix thoughs belts works great and adds color :D

hope u get it working frantik

frantik
02-28-2008, 06:38 PM
i didnt get it to work on the next try but i figured out how to load it 100% in so hopefully it will work this next time. i did get it to make some weird noises for a sec but i dont think the CD has spun up yet. this time I got the CD loaded all the way in and it spins freely so hopefully i can get it to work. it's getting late though so i will play with it tomorrow

thanks for the harness plans though labeledskater i will make a how to thread :D

carotman
02-28-2008, 07:31 PM
i allways useruberbands to fix thoughs belts works great and adds color :D

hope u get it working frantik

Hahah I did that too with an old CD ROM I had laying around. Rubber bands tend to crack sooner than regular belts altough.

AccordB20A
02-28-2008, 09:57 PM
thats interesting. and yeah rubber bands are a good quick fix for broken belts on tape players and shit too lol

Civic Accord Honda
02-28-2008, 10:30 PM
ok heres a fast sketch on a laptop.... i will make a FULL harness drawing once i get my desktop up and running... this is a disgrace compaird to what i can normaly draw on paint lol.... note the numbering isnt to stock numbering... just done this way to make it easyer on me while doing this on a laptop....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/labeledsk8r/oemcdplayerwireing.jpg

**edit** and frantik, on the plug on my harnes. the pins inside the 6 plug have the same pins as a molex conector from a computer... so i can make you a plug and play harnes so you have to cut NOTHING at all just look for male molex conectors at any wireing or computer shop and they will plug right into each hole on the cd player plug
ur diagram made mine cry :(
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n111/civicaccordhonda/FanWirediagram.jpg

labeledsk8r
03-03-2008, 10:49 PM
frantik i want to say sorry that i have not gotten the full diagram to you... i have been kinda swamped with alot of shit (car problems, job, girl problems, life, money problems) so i will try to get one made asap....

on a side note im thinking about selling this... kinda wanting to see what offers go for something like this.... as much as i like the idea of a oem cdplayer... and how its rare as hell...i kinda want to put a guage pod in the spot that the cd player would be... not to mention i want a bluetooth headunit so i can actully talk while driveing... so it might be up for sale...

again sorry frantik

frantik
03-04-2008, 01:35 PM
it's all good using the info you gave me and the 1st diagram I was able to make a harness which appears to work right. my cd player is busted though from what I can tell :( it doesnt load the cd fully into the player and if i manually load it in all the way, it doesnt know it's in there and thus wont play it

i sent you a PM regarding your CD player :)

frantik
03-06-2008, 03:53 PM
well i got the cd player opened up enough to remove the CD assembly and i see one plastic bit which looks like it's broken but i cant tell what the hell it was or if it's chip on it or what. it does seem like it might be related to the part which tells the player the cd is loaded though since it moves once you load the cd. i dunno though

labeledsk8r
03-06-2008, 04:52 PM
well i got the cd player opened up enough to remove the CD assembly and i see one plastic bit which looks like it's broken but i cant tell what the hell it was or if it's chip on it or what. it does seem like it might be related to the part which tells the player the cd is loaded though since it moves once you load the cd. i dunno though

damn that sucks... are there like repair manual books for these players?? i know honda did repairs on them.... and rebuilt them... but are there places to even get the parts for them

and i still dunno what ima do with mine yet... it kinda droped to the bottom of my priority list

frantik
03-06-2008, 06:24 PM
i could probably rebuild it but i would need another one ie yours lol

Civic Accord Honda
03-06-2008, 07:20 PM
if u get it and rebuild it i want a caseing that looks intact and lights up just for looks XD

labeledsk8r
03-10-2008, 11:51 PM
ok well it looks like im forced to sell it... andrew gave me a deal on his old head unit.. and really i need some cash to buy some oil seals for the car... so um its for sale... i can sit on it for a bit and kinda feal out offers and i might even fix it before selling but im kinda listening to offers...

frantik allready has made an offer but is wanting to only buy haf of the kit... and i would like ot sell it as a whole

oem cd player
oem cd player holder
oem wirieng harness for plug and play