PDA

View Full Version : Won't Believe This One!!

lefty08
02-26-2008, 04:54 PM
A friend of mine has an 86 Accord with a no start problem. He called me on the phone and said when he turned the key the car would just click. I told him to check the battery, battery connections and make sure all of the grounds were tight and making good contact. He said he did all of the above and even tried to jump start the car, but had the same results. (clicking, but no start) He thought the solenoid in the starter was bad, so he replaced the starter. New starter, same result (clickiing). I asked again was he sure all of the grounds were clean and tight. He said they were?? I thought it could be a possible faulty ignition switch, but I didn't have time to explain how to check it. (I was at work) To eliminate a bad ground connection as a cause he jumped the Negative terminal of the battery to the engine block with a jumper cable. When he tried to start the car he said smoke started coming out from under the dash. He turned the key off and removed the jumper cable. Now he said the accelerator pedal was stuck, but the car would now start. :wtf: There must have not been a good chasis to engine ground, because the accelerator cable heated up and melted the firewall gromet (ie. The Smoke) and welded the cable to the firewall. Anyone ever heard of anyhting like this before?? I couldn't beleave it.

MessyHonda
02-27-2008, 12:32 AM
some one on here had a positive batt cable rub the throttle cable and it melted it...make sure moving parts are not rubbing

Catalyst
02-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Weirddd the same exact thing happened to a friend of mine, but his car was a 91 prelude with a B20.

But Yeah thats is very weird indeed. I too was in shock when i witnessed the burning of the cables.

Dr_Snooz
02-27-2008, 09:35 PM
some one on here had a positive batt cable rub the throttle cable and it melted it...make sure moving parts are not rubbing

That would be this guy:

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63205