PDA

View Full Version : from the a20 to the h22

babybluaccord
09-19-2002, 04:21 PM
aight now that im about to swap the h22a in and ditch my a20 what are some good but cheap motor mounts i can get....i found ones for 500 thats r like the best around but if i can get cheaper ones that r still good ill do that

89AccordNate
09-19-2002, 04:26 PM
Lets see..

READ THE TOP OF THE ENGINE SWAPS SECTION

before

Asking a retarded question.

Nate.

babybluaccord
09-19-2002, 04:29 PM
the "everything has to be cuztom made" quote is bullshit bcuz i already talked to mmr and you can use h22a motor mounts...so next time if ur gonna reply to my post answer my question instead of tryin to think ur smart

PhydeauX
09-19-2002, 04:34 PM
Got a website or a phone number for them? No one here is aware of anyone selling a mount kit to put a h22 into a 3rd gen. Make sure that this place isn't confusing the 3rd gen accord with the 4th gen which the h22a bolts right into.

andy

babybluaccord
09-19-2002, 04:49 PM
i think its mmrusa.com...the mounts arent for putting it into the 3rd gen specifically but they said it will go in

netfreak
09-19-2002, 05:31 PM
If you (or anyone) can CONFIRM this FOR SURE, please let us know. I myself would be very interested in the H22A swap if what you say about the mounts is true.

MoonScryer
09-19-2002, 06:55 PM
They don't fit. It's all custom. You can probably use H22 mounts, but the mount points on the frame will have to be custom made.

2Fast_Fiero
09-22-2002, 12:18 AM
Yes, and that I hear is a BITCH, thats why I'm having PRi make motor mounts for this swap and our car. I dont want to do it cause it involves welding, you must be a PERFECTIONIST Welder to do this, or when you lauch your car with the H22A, you could easily break a motor mount. You will have to do alot of things at once to make the mounts. get it centered perfectly with the axles and everything connected, (You willl need custom made axles, Ask the guy who allready did all of this what he did) and you will have to keep everything aligned when you make the mounts, I seriously doubt they will work for a 3g from any other car, but mark every area where the motor will have to be mounted on your 3G and find out if you can mount anything heavy there, remember your addin 150lbs of tq to this baby, so EVERYTHING will have to be STRONG. I sugjest you get a price range in your head of how much you want to spend on mounts, talk to me about it cause I'm the one talking with PRi about the motor Mounts, I allready got FOUR people on the list who said they are willing to wait a few months or more for this plan to go down, and a few of those people are going to advertise in thier town this deal also so we can get outside influence.

2Fast_Fiero
09-22-2002, 12:24 AM
So in other words, the quote " Everything has to be custom made " is not bull shit, MMR dont know what they are talking about. Nate is overexagurating for some odd and STUPID reason. but yes everything has to be custom made because there is No support for our car and the H22 engine, the only support there is is for the B Series Engine, Makes the B20Z look HELLA TIGHT :D since it pumps out some serious TQ.

Custom Work that MUST be done:
Axles
Engine Mounts
Trany Mount
Engine/ECU Harness
Linkage
And you must find a place to mount all of the extra shit like the VTec shit and the Hydraulic Clutch Fluid resivor

All of that is a big MUST to do that swap......Engine/Trany Mounts and Axles are the hardest things, the other things are easy