PDA

View Full Version : Pacesetter Header-Back Exhaust??

Soopitup
02-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Just wondering If anyone has put in the pacesetter header, high flow cat and catback system, looking for some feedback. I dont want a car that sounds like it has a pop can for a muffler... I want a nice deep tone!!

labeledsk8r
02-29-2008, 07:15 PM
the pacesetter catback isnot very great one deep done over 3,000 rpms.... the muffler cant breath... i had a pacesetter header, spoon sports converter (glass pack resignator) and the pacesetter catback on my LX and anything over 3,000 rpms sound really high pitched and raspy.... mostly the cat backs mufflers fault... everytihng is good on that except the muffler

Soopitup
02-29-2008, 07:20 PM
awsomethanks alot, i'll just buy the header set, and custom make a system back from that...
could someone please recommend the best size exhaust piping...
I was thinkin 2" - 2 1/2"

labeledsk8r
02-29-2008, 07:22 PM
2.25 would be best .... 2.5 max... unless your going turbo.. then your in a whole difrent ballpark

Soopitup
02-29-2008, 07:25 PM
wicked, I wouldn't mind having a greddy or dc sports muffler at all...they both are very nice looking and sounding... any good sites to check out just for mufflers/cats?

coope
02-29-2008, 07:48 PM
get a magnaflow i got a pacesetter header and 2.25 with no resenator or cat this Mississippi they dont care about emissions its still raspy tho

fogged
02-29-2008, 10:05 PM
I run a pacesetter header, spoon sports glass pack, and a DC can on 2.25 pipe. It has a real deep note under 2500rpm and thing over that and I piss off old ppl and the cops. They cant say shit because here in Kansas we dont have any smog laws, so f#@k em'. :)

mavric240
03-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Just wondering If anyone has put in the pacesetter header, high flow cat and catback system, looking for some feedback. I dont want a car that sounds like it has a pop can for a muffler... I want a nice deep tone!!
I have this system from head to bumper, the noise level is not a problem. You will find that after the install you most likely will have a vibration/noise. Members on this site recommend either putting a flex piece in place of the ball fit and or replacing the front ball joints. I have found that I have the noise and looks like the ball joints will fix the problem for me. Other then that I like my exhaust and found it to fit well.

Hash_man_Se_i
03-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Hey soopitup... im still waiting to hear what insurance is doing with my car, but if I can keep it... I'll be parting some stuff out, and I have a 2.25" cat back exhaust with magnaflow twin tip muffler and resonator i'd part with for pretty cheap.

Soopitup
03-01-2008, 04:20 PM
sweet dude, but I would rather custom make my own, I love to do all my own work ;) What can I say, I am a total gearhead.

Soopitup
03-01-2008, 04:21 PM
I run a pacesetter header, spoon sports glass pack, and a DC can on 2.25 pipe. It has a real deep note under 2500rpm and thing over that and I piss off old ppl and the cops. They cant say shit because here in Kansas we dont have any smog laws, so f#@k em'. :)

Thats awsome dude, you should totally post a sound clip of it ;)

snoopyloopy
03-01-2008, 08:31 PM
my 2.25" on my old accord wasn't too bad, even with the ricer muffler. vids/soundclips on my youtube (same sn).

Soopitup
03-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Sounds like you have a full tank of rice dude... I'm talkin nice low deep tone, saul good, Pleanty of time to fuck around with exhaust

88Accord-DX
03-02-2008, 08:58 PM
What size is that pipe past the down-pipe to the cat that pacesetter sells with the header? Need to figure out if I want to get something bigger.

Toneloc5145
03-03-2008, 06:35 PM
I have the pacesetter exhaust as well, and the sound is not loud at all, and it sounds very good. It has a deep tone from idle to about 3,000 where the engine sound takes over. I'll post a video of it tomorrow.

Soopitup
03-03-2008, 06:54 PM
wicked dude, thanks alot

jpetrovic
04-01-2008, 10:33 PM
i have the Whole pacesetter system Header to muffler.... and i really hate the sound of the mufller soo much that im gettin a new one... perhaps a flowmaster.. the pacesetter muffler does have a mellow sound at idle but mine has a trashy metalic "tight" highpitched sound when actually hittin the gas while driveing. its sooo annoying... but the header and downpipe ect... are really not bad for the money.. but the gaskets that come with the pacesetter are a bit questionable quality wise.... but yeah hope this helps ya some.

Oh and Too Fogged:
Dude i live here in KCMO bro i have a few cop friends that patrol over in lenexa, we should meet up, and if u want i can have on of my cop buddys keep the streets clean if we wana Drag! :D:P hit me up dude

itzdave
04-02-2008, 01:26 PM
i have the pacesetter header and downpipe. after that, i just had the muffler dude make a 2.25 pipe all the way back with a flowmaster at the end, with a little chrome tip. sounds grrrrreat below about 3k, then gets a lil ricey... no cat, no resonator tho...

lgoldtop
04-11-2008, 04:42 PM
yeah, ive got the pacesetter header and downpipe and then made my custom from cat back it sounds hella good but i dont like the whole "monza" setup they have for our car so i just went with the header and downpipe

import racer
04-12-2008, 07:03 AM
get a cherrybomb turbo i have one on my lx and it sounds good nice mellow sound.i don't have a header though,don't know how much of a diference that would make.

cowtownexi
04-19-2008, 11:05 AM
sorry to steal the thread. but i felt this could go here.

i'm doing the exhaust on my 89 exi from the flex pipe back upping the tubing to 2.25 from 2". i put a magnaflow high-flow cat in, all i have left to do is get a muffler on there. i bought a cherrybomb turbo for it but haven't installed it yet. anyway. my question is what would be a good muffler that is quiet for just puttin' around town but when i pick 'er up it so does the sound.

any suggestions would be great.

Hash_man_Se_i
04-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Hey Cowtownexi.... you from Calgary too?

I would recommend a magnaflow muffler personally as I find they are pretty quiet for daily driving. They give a deeper sound than most fart cans too which is nice.

MessyHonda
04-19-2008, 10:53 PM
yeah my 2.25 inch magnaflow is quiet till about 4k rpm..then its loud....if i rev it in a parking lot it can set off couple alarms. i noticed my exhaust got louder when i installed my short gears and lighten flywheel

headbanger
04-20-2008, 07:57 AM
im not sure what my muffler is but it has a real nice deep tone to it and everything is stock except muffler.it was cool when i put it on because at first i was going to leave it off cause i wanted it loud.so i started car and would stick muffler over pipe and it was way louder with muffler than with out it.the only thing my muffler says on it is f1x sports.
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/balldropr/muffler.jpg

cowtownexi
04-21-2008, 06:46 AM
Hey Cowtownexi.... you from Calgary too?

I would recommend a magnaflow muffler personally as I find they are pretty quiet for daily driving. They give a deeper sound than most fart cans too which is nice.

yeah i'm from calgary lol.

i'm gunna put the cherry bomb on today see how it sounds. i need quiet car till about 4k.

Hash_man_Se_i
04-21-2008, 07:51 AM
Cherry bombs are generally pretty loud i find, but let us know how it goes.

Glad to see another Calgary member on here, should post up some pics of your ride.