PDA

View Full Version : vent shades found @ JY

2oodoor
03-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Weather was nice to I went to the pick a part.. I found a nice car that had a lot of factory options. I got Honda ventshades, excellant conditiion! got some new mudflippers for the DX, vinyl visors, another armrest top vinyl. I almost got a perfect decklid with factory luggaage rack. but I forgot to go back to it. I also finally found a right side manual outside mirror.. the DX does not come with one.
What do the ventshades look like painted? these will probably polish up like new but I was trying to see what they would look like painted, even possibly body color.

2oodoor
03-02-2008, 06:03 AM
painted vent shades ?

Civic Accord Honda
03-02-2008, 06:12 AM
me thinks body matched mightb look good ,,, someone should photoshop it

Cheeseburger
03-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Nice Find!!!!!

cubert
03-02-2008, 10:36 AM
sounds like it was a good day at the JY :thumbup:

2oodoor
03-03-2008, 06:49 AM
yep it was
I never saw an Accord quite trimmed out like this one was, the sun visors were thick vinyl padded, more plush. It had some different air controls, two levers on the right under the steering wheel that seemed to close off something, and another on on the passenger side. Also had a trim colored cover all the way across on the passenger side lower dash.by the footrest area.... I never saw one like that.
I have seen a new Charger with painted vendtashades, it looked pretty gank, it also had a quarter trim moulding that made the car look like it was from the Fiftys.

I don't know why but this pick a part strips all the radios out before they hit the yard, that sux.
I now look under the hood of all early imports for swapped carbs, high perf. ignition parts etc.. ..I looked under the hood of an old Nissan pick up with a camper top, very fishing truck looking, and there sat a GM 3.8 v6 complete swap... it was a wierd surprise.

2oodoor
03-11-2008, 11:32 AM
somebody photeshop some body color ventshades and some done in black with tinted windows?

evil88accordLX
03-11-2008, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=roodoo2;860849]yep it was
I never saw an Accord quite trimmed out like this one was, the sun visors were thick vinyl padded, more plush. It had some different air controls, two levers on the right under the steering wheel that seemed to close off something, and another on on the passenger side. [QUOTE]

my 88 LX has those air controls. you can close the side vents and it sends all the air out the center vent and blows harder. is this not common on all the 3geez?

i also have the big puffy vinyl sunvisors. since the car is 20 years old, the weight of the visors sometimes pops out the little clips that holds them into place.

frantik
03-11-2008, 07:48 PM
these will probably polish up like new

i dont think they're supposed to be polished.. they have a matte finish

2oodoor
03-12-2008, 07:08 AM
evil88 I guess not since that was the first one out of probably 30 or so 3rd gen Accords I have looked at... seems like a very cool option to have. This was one of the few factory sunroof cars I have been in too though. Nice leather faux grained vinyl headliner and all, vinyl much thicker than either of mine anyway.

2oodoor
03-12-2008, 07:15 AM
i dont think they're supposed to be polished.. they have a matte finish

MIne are Honda oem but do not have a textured finish, they seem like that would polish out but still be tinted. The seem kind of oxidized slightley though.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t280/roodoo2/1204401207.jpg