PDA

View Full Version : pacesetter...

newaccorddriver
03-02-2008, 02:32 AM
man, i bought a some pace setter header a while ago along with the catback exhaust. i finally got around to hooking up everything tonight. man, the fitment on those parts are HORRIBLE, and i mean it. seriously, when i was hooking up the downpipe to the header, nothing lined up well at all in the back where the hanger holds up the back end of the downpipe. and the catback itself was extremely poor fitting since everything had to be forced to fit. and the mid section with the ball joint piece and the test pipe was off by about an inch, so i had to reef on those parts to get it to even fit at all.

good thing i dont plan on buying any more pace setter stuff as i dont think i can handle the poor fitment issues anymore

02GTP
03-02-2008, 07:09 AM
u get what u pay for. i would go custom exhaust. its really easy on these cars and wouldnt cost anymore than pacesetter.

BITESIZE
03-02-2008, 08:44 AM
I never had any problems with my pacesetter header.

newaccorddriver
03-02-2008, 10:54 AM
u get what u pay for. i would go custom exhaust. its really easy on these cars and wouldnt cost anymore than pacesetter.

i had to get an exhaust on my car before i can even start it cause im tuning it from scratch, and no tow truck driver really wants to deal with my car being so low

newaccorddriver
03-02-2008, 10:55 AM
I never had any problems with my pacesetter header.

maybe it was the rear support bracket that was giving me a hard time

MessyHonda
03-02-2008, 07:04 PM
yeah mine hit the front crossmember.

Pico
03-02-2008, 09:24 PM
my pacesetter didn't hit the crossmember at all either, had plenty of room.

coope
03-02-2008, 09:29 PM
mine vibrates the front crossmember

newaccorddriver
03-03-2008, 12:18 AM
mine had clearance between the crossmember, but it was virtually non-existent when i couldnt put my finger through it. maybe i have fat fingers, but less then half an inch of clearance spells disaster when my engine vibrates.