PDA

View Full Version : looking for feedback on my trigger location

newaccorddriver
03-03-2008, 12:14 AM
well, i finally had some time today to fabricate the mounting location of the trigger sensor on my car today. what sucked about it was it was too cramped to do anything, and i should have done it before i dropped the motor in during the summer. anyways, ive decided to mount it where the AC compressor used to be on the bottom bolt, im kinda wondering how good 1 bolt will hold it in place, so i might brace it with something to keep it still. so far the only problem im having is that without the use of washers,the sensor itself will hit the trigger wheel, and i must use roughly 5 washers to get it to clear my crank pulley and the trigger wheel. also, i might need to throw a washer between the sensor and the bracket to give it a little more offset, but asides from those issues, i dont see why i would run into many problems with it considering other then the fact that adjusting it might be a bit hard or impossible, but i can always compensate when tuning as well. anyways, here are some pictures that ive uploaded, tell me what you think, and what potential problems i might run into with my setup of EDIS.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/newaccorddriver/IM000893.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/newaccorddriver/IM000894.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/newaccorddriver/IM000896.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/newaccorddriver/IM000895.jpg

newaccorddriver
03-03-2008, 11:22 AM
anyone?

coope
03-03-2008, 09:21 PM
if u dont have cruis control like me take out the old switch and put in urs

newaccorddriver
03-04-2008, 01:31 AM
if u dont have cruis control like me take out the old switch and put in urs

huh? i ditched cruise control a while ago, and what does it have to do with the crank trigger?

2oodoor
03-04-2008, 04:30 AM
There are some threads here about this, two pretty good ones I know of for sure.
Once you dont have AC compressor that opens up a few options. You will have to be creative, but it looks like you have plenty of options from the looks of that bracket.

BITESIZE
03-04-2008, 06:42 AM
wtf is it for?

A18A
03-04-2008, 06:44 AM
^I was wondering that too

Civic Accord Honda
03-04-2008, 07:40 AM
wtf is it for?

^I was wondering that too
word

newaccorddriver
03-04-2008, 10:51 AM
wtf is it for?

its for EDIS, ive already mounted the ring on the crank pulley, now i gotta mount the sensor.

newaccorddriver
03-04-2008, 10:53 AM
There are some threads here about this, two pretty good ones I know of for sure.
Once you dont have AC compressor that opens up a few options. You will have to be creative, but it looks like you have plenty of options from the looks of that bracket.

ive already had it test fitted, and i need a slightly longer bolt due to the amount of washers i have sitting behind it to give it clearance. since the washers are going not going to be in a solid piece, im kinda worried that it might shift due to the engine vibration and possibly change the timing. although id be tightening it quite a bit, im wondering if its best to brace it

2oodoor
03-04-2008, 11:45 AM
it's for crank fired ignition guys

Try looking at a hardware store for a sleeve or maybe conduit to use for spacers either that or get the group of washers and tape/glue them together.
Use locktite (green or blue?) for retainers on the mating surfaces.

newaccorddriver
03-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Try looking at a hardware store for a sleeve or maybe conduit to use for spacers either that or get the group of washers and tape/glue them together.
Use locktite (green or blue?) for retainers on the mating surfaces.

its kinda what i had in mind. as far as bracing goes, i might have to do it still because its a high vibration environment and theres a bit of weight dangling there as well. does JB weld do well in high vibration environments?

Ichiban
03-04-2008, 04:43 PM
You could send me dimensions of the spacer and I could machine you one. Hell, I could make 3-400 of them during a full day on the CNC. Would it be a good idea to tack on the nut to the back of the bracket? I see you have a jam nut setup there.

Edit- I was also wondering if that material is going to be rigid enough with engine vibration to give a decent signal at RPM. It might be fine, but aren't those sensors usually solidly mounted?

newaccorddriver
03-05-2008, 02:18 AM
You could send me dimensions of the spacer and I could machine you one. Hell, I could make 3-400 of them during a full day on the CNC. Would it be a good idea to tack on the nut to the back of the bracket? I see you have a jam nut setup there.

Edit- I was also wondering if that material is going to be rigid enough with engine vibration to give a decent signal at RPM. It might be fine, but aren't those sensors usually solidly mounted?

im not sure what im going to do for spacers, but i think im going to jam a bunch of nuts and washers back there and brace it with another piece of metal.

i believe its fairly rigid since i have to force it quite a bit before it moves, and it barely moves. its got 2 nuts and bolts holding it in place, so there is very little to no slack at all for adjusting. its ideally solidly mounted, but this is kinda a draft design, not really sure if this is what i want to use when it comes time to fire it up. i might be having problems with it hitting the frame rails, but a gentle massage with the hammer will solve that.

Ichiban
03-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Shit you're in Edmonton. I'm down in Red Deer, I was up last weekend at a buddy's place.

newaccorddriver
03-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Shit you're in Edmonton. I'm down in Red Deer, I was up last weekend at a buddy's place.

are you currently living in red deer?

my cars been out for the past couple years. im set on getting it out of the garage this year so my skyline can fall prey to the garage whore title.