PDA

View Full Version : Tachometer Installation

igarut5410
03-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Is there a how to on installing an autometer tachometer in our cars.... I heard that the signal wire for the tach is a blue wire coming out of the distributor??
Any help?

A18A
03-03-2008, 11:38 PM
edit: wrong post sorry

igarut5410
03-04-2008, 01:24 PM
anyone got some help for me?

lostforawhile
03-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Is there a how to on installing an autometer tachometer in our cars.... I heard that the signal wire for the tach is a blue wire coming out of the distributor??
Any help? you can use the negative side of the coil,or if you know how to take out the instrument cluster, take it out,remove the two screws holding on the speed sensor amplifer,this is the clear plastic box over the back of the tach,you should see three terminal screws on the back of the tach one is marked P,one is marked -,and one is marked positive. the - one is the tach ground,the positive one is power,and the one marked P is your signal wire. use a small terminal end under that screw. that will be your tach signal wire.

import racer
07-19-2011, 11:27 AM
So the green wire from your tach goes to the one marked P,is that right or run it to the neg side of coil.

lostforawhile
07-19-2011, 01:48 PM
So the green wire from your tach goes to the one marked P,is that right or run it to the neg side of coil.

the P terminal is the same thing as the negative side of the coil, thats where the factory tach reads the signal